How do you fry your eggs?

I don't usually have a fry now, but when I did and when I cook one for family, I spoon the oil in the frying pan over the egg until white and yolk set. I always liked to be able to squish whatever kind of bread was on the plate into the runny yolk. That would be potato bread, soda bread, wheaten bread or all of the above. Yum. When my late husband had a fried egg, he would eat all the white around the yolk and when left with just the yolk he would pop that into his mouth in one go and swallow it. HIs mother used the flip it over method of frying eggs, not always with success.
I’m going to try the eating all the white first thing. I reckon it might be a bit much but you never know unless you try do you 😂

I’m going to try the eating all the white first thing. I reckon it might be a bit much but you never know unless you try do you 😂

I could easily eat all the white first. But somehow the idea of a whole (runny) egg yolk popped in the mouth doesn't appeal. And... I'm renowned for loving runny egg yolks.

Corrected that for you! Saving bacon fat/grease is virtually unknown in UK/Europe.

Possibly this is a knee jerk reaction to post war frugality coming to an end. A very common phenomenon world wide was to reject the very thing that saved your life once you didn’t have to do it any more. In Australia we rejected rabbit & offal. In America they rejected kale. Maybe where you are they rejected drippings?

My immigrant Scottish great grandmother used to fry bread in drippings.

Drippings being a can of collected grease, on the bench.

Back to the original question, just like TastyReuben I will eat eggs almost any way they show up.

Depending on what I’m eating - I like crispy bottom eggs on my nasi, regular sunny side up on my bacon & egg breakfasts, and very gently cooked/poached in butter if I’m having it with a breakfast salad.

The only fussiness is scrambled. I like them just set into curds & just a bit runny.

2 eggs scrambled with butter in mix. Thanks mg. Wife loves it. Usually every Saturday morning.
Me, I fry 3 eggs in evoo on fried bread. Runny yolks well cooked whites. I cover eggs while cooking.

When making a salad I always boil an extra egg for wife. She will hover around waiting to take 1 and eat while hot.

Russ

Me, I fry 3 eggs in evoo on fried bread. Runny yolks well cooked whites. I cover eggs while cooking.
That’s what Felicity Cloake concluded in her ‘how to cook the perfect fried egg’ that they needed covering briefly.
I favour the spoon the fat over the top method because I always have one eye on how much washing up I’m making and and am not adding in a pan lid unnecessarily 😆

Yep - that's what I do a lot of the time. I've also been practising with the "easy over" method. That avoids burnt whites and ensures a nice runny yolk without it being raw.

If I have fried eggs, I prefer the over-easy method, too.

I hate having a burnt edge on my fried eggs.

CD

Yesterday I put the two egg yolks that were going to go to waste from baking a loaf of bread into another egg. Three eggs yolks in one egg white on toast.
I can confirm there is such a thing as too much yolk 🤢😆

I'm curious now about why you are using egg white in a loaf of bread!

Back
Top Bottom