How is the corona virus affecting you?

The discovery of a forest of magic money trees has suddenly made the government very generous.

Nowhere near as much as our coalition of clowns. Our grandkids are being saddled with massive debt. Now they are giving prisoners the right to vote.
The health minister FINALLY resigned today, after weeks of cock ups.

Russ

Nowhere near as much as our coalition of clowns. Our grandkids are being saddled with massive debt. Now they are giving prisoners the right to vote.
The health minister FINALLY resigned today, after weeks of cock ups.

Russ

Sounds like you need to ditch those lefties and get a good Conservative at the helm. Someone like Trump. :wink:

CD

Sounds like you need to ditch those lefties and get a good Conservative at the helm. Someone like Trump. :wink:

CD

We need someone who has actually had a business. John key was a banker who got us through the gfc in good shape. Our pm has only worked in a fish n chip shop, but hey, she has a nice toothy smile and talks of hugs and kindness. Some see through her. My grandson is 6, he's frightened to death of trump, my son threatens him with trump. It's quite funny. Even fox have been going against him I've noticed.

:)

Russ

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday ordered residents of counties with 20 or more Covid-19 cases to wear a mask in public. Glad to see he has enough of a spine to risk angering Trump. He's been a big supporter of Trump, for the most part. Now, let's see if the public actually does it -- and anyone enforces it.

CD

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday ordered residents of counties with 20 or more Covid-19 cases to wear a mask in public. Glad to see he has enough of a spine to risk angering Trump. He's been a big supporter of Trump, for the most part. Now, let's see if the public actually does it -- and anyone enforces it.

CD
Dayton just made masks mandatory - "the first major Ohio city to do so," as the headlines read. :)

We need someone who has actually had a business. John key was a banker who got us through the gfc in good shape. Our pm has only worked in a fish n chip shop, but hey, she has a nice toothy smile and talks of hugs and kindness. Some see through her. My grandson is 6, he's frightened to death of trump, my son threatens him with trump. It's quite funny. Even fox have been going against him I've noticed.

:)

Russ

Donald Trump had many businesses. Six of them went bankrupt.

CD

Scotland is making face coverings mandatory in shops from next week. This is fine by me, but I struggle to see how it can be enforced. I can't see how shop workers can do much and you can't have police patrolling every high street.

Here, it is primarily enforced by stores. In many cases, stores can be fined if customers don't comply. So, you have some employee just making enough money to pay the rent having to confront angry customers over masks. Sometimes the customers get physical, and assault store employees. We've actually had a few killed.

CD

Scotland is making face coverings mandatory in shops from next week. This is fine by me, but I struggle to see how it can be enforced. I can't see how shop workers can do much and you can't have police patrolling every high street.
Remind me again, what is a shop?

Had a falling out today via text message with an old friend of mine who used to live next door but moved away. We have been friends for almost 20 years. She was texting me that she doesn't wear a mask when she goes in places and feels as if she is going to suffocate when she wears one. She goes grocery shopping and other places without a mask. She also said that the government needs to quit telling hospitals to say that every single death that happens is due to COVID-19 (what????). I told her that was simply untrue, that I have friends who work in the hospitals and they do not state that every death is from COVID-19, only when they are sure that was the cause of death (or the result of complications from COVID). She tried to argue with me about it! I also told her I was shocked and disappointed about her attitude concerning wearing a mask in public and if she didn't want to wear one she should just stay home. She tried to argue about that too, stating she wasn't worried about getting sick, and I pointed out the fact that the mask was for others' protection, and then she said, "I don't have it, though." I told her she could be asymptomatic, and she said, "No, I am not." So I told her I had to go.

Not sure I can still be friends with someone who is so selfish and ignorant. She isn't who I thought she was.

Additionally, I read an article recently about several young women who gave birth wearing their masks the entire time, and all of them basically had the attitude that if they could go through labor and deliver a baby with a mask on, then everyone should be able to wear it doing something so simple as going into the store. "Wear a damn mask!"

Had a falling out today via text message with an old friend of mine who used to live next door but moved away. We have been friends for almost 20 years. She was texting me that she doesn't wear a mask when she goes in places and feels as if she is going to suffocate when she wears one. She goes grocery shopping and other places without a mask. She also said that the government needs to quit telling hospitals to say that every single death that happens is due to COVID-19 (what????). I told her that was simply untrue, that I have friends who work in the hospitals and they do not state that every death is from COVID-19, only when they are sure that was the cause of death (or the result of complications from COVID). She tried to argue with me about it! I also told her I was shocked and disappointed about her attitude concerning wearing a mask in public and if she didn't want to wear one she should just stay home. She tried to argue about that too, stating she wasn't worried about getting sick, and I pointed out the fact that the mask was for others' protection, and then she said, "I don't have it, though." I told her she could be asymptomatic, and she said, "No, I am not." So I told her I had to go.

Not sure I can still be friends with someone who is so selfish and ignorant. She isn't who I thought she was.

Additionally, I read an article recently about several young women who gave birth wearing their masks the entire time, and all of them basically had the attitude that if they could go through labor and deliver a baby with a mask on, then everyone should be able to wear it doing something so simple as going into the store. "Wear a damn mask!"

I have friends like that. I live in Texas, a major Red State. It is inevitable. But, I just do what I can, and get over what I can't change. I have a friend who believes the pandemic is at least half hoax, that liberals are pumping it up to hurt Trump, and it's not as bad as the "media" makes it sound. He's still my friend, but I do everything I can to keep the conversations about cars, and any from stuff I know is going to get under my skin.

You basically have a choice. You can let it end a friendship, or step back, cool down, and "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater." Sometimes the friendship isn't worth the effort, and sometimes it is, from my experience.

CD

I witnessed a confrontation this morning at Walmart, but not over masks.

One of the suggestions that business are asked to follow (though most don't) is to have one-way dedicated entrances and exits. Walmart is doing this. If you're not familiar, they have two sets of big sliding doors, nominally marked entrance and exit, but they open into the same lobby area, so it doesn't really matter which one you go in/out of.

Walmart is now enforcing a strict in/out door policy. They've got barriers up dividing the lobby, barriers outside to direct the flow in and out , and a person outside to enforce it.

This morning, a man (no mask, natch) didn't feel like walking the extra 30 feet or so to go in the proper door, the woman outside stopped him, and he unloaded on her.

Nothing like seeing a 300-lb, 6'-5" man having a hissy fit in front of a much smaller middle-aged woman. Way to go, Cletus. 😒

I hung around nearby in case I had to call the police, or run in and get help, but after all his bluster and mumbling over and over that he "can't believe this sh!t" he went in the proper way anyway. Jerk.

I have friends like that. I live in Texas, a major Red State. It is inevitable. But, I just do what I can, and get over what I can't change. I have a friend who believes the pandemic is at least half hoax, that liberals are pumping it up to hurt Trump, and it's not as bad as the "media" makes it sound. He's still my friend, but I do everything I can to keep the conversations about cars, and any from stuff I know is going to get under my skin.

You basically have a choice. You can let it end a friendship, or step back, cool down, and "don't throw the baby out with the bathwater." Sometimes the friendship isn't worth the effort, and sometimes it is, from my experience.

CD
I guess what really got under my skin is that I initially texted her to tell her that middle stepdaughter who lives in Texas (who she has known since SD was about 6) was sick with COVID, and she said, "Oh, poor thing," then she tells me that crap. That and she knows the reason I didn't go to her daughter's graduation party last weekend is because hubby and I are still sheltering in place. She also knows I am a big advocate of wearing a mask. I guess she thinks we are just being silly and overly cautious.

SD couldn't get out of bed today, weak and no appetite. She's in her mid 20s and it's hitting her hard. They won't admit her to the hospital because she can still breathe on her own, basically.

I witnessed a confrontation this morning at Walmart, but not over masks.

One of the suggestions that business are asked to follow (though most don't) is to have one-way dedicated entrances and exits. Walmart is doing this. If you're not familiar, they have two sets of big sliding doors, nominally marked entrance and exit, but they open into the same lobby area, so it doesn't really matter which one you go in/out of.

Walmart is now enforcing a strict in/out door policy. They've got barriers up dividing the lobby, barriers outside to direct the flow in and out , and a person outside to enforce it.

This morning, a man (no mask, natch) didn't feel like walking the extra 30 feet or so to go in the proper door, the woman outside stopped him, and he unloaded on her.

Nothing like seeing a 300-lb, 6'-5" man having a hissy fit in front of a much smaller middle-aged woman. Way to go, Cletus. 😒

I hung around nearby in case I had to call the police, or run in and get help, but after all his bluster and mumbling over and over that he "can't believe this sh!t" he went in the proper way anyway. Jerk.

Yep, Walmart here is like that, too. Then you get inside the store and the rules go out the window.

It has been my experience that the "300-pound man" is often more like 5'-5" with a severe case of short-man's disease. I have, on a few occasions when I was younger and healed faster, told guys like that to STFU. If there are other people around, you will often find them to be quite supportive.

CD

Back
Top Bottom