How is the corona virus affecting you?

BTW, I can't return to my normal work and income until we get this virus under control. So, I am really pissed off about us not doing what we needed to do to get this right the first time. In the short term, people got to go to bars, and party on crowded beaches. Restaurants were open, and we were encouraged to act as if the pandemic was over. NOW, we have to start ALL OVER again. That means I have to wait unknown more months to get back to work. Thanks!

Meanwhile, our President is holding 4th of July parties with thousands of people, no masks and no social distancing. I hope his supporters aren't as stupid as he thinks they are.

CD

I heard on CNN? That water samples from New York in November contained traces of covid.

Russ

I agree with trump on who. The head of who knows more about what was going on, he had a private briefing with China's top man zhe?? They thought it would go away, who is corrupt IMHO. This was in November from memory.?

Russ

WHO is just one of the many that Trump has blamed for his failures. That is what Trump does. Good things, "I did this." Bad things, "Somebody else's fault." Donald J Trump cares about Donald J Trump. NOBODY else - with the possible exception of his daughter that he wants to "date," (his words, not mine).

The US spends billons on intelligence gathering. They warned Trump as early as November that this was a big problem coming to America. He ignored them, because it wasn't something he wanted to hear.

CD

I heard on CNN? That water samples from New York in November contained traces of covid.

Russ

Okay... so if true, who is to blame if nothing was done. CNN? I'm sure Trump would like people to believe that. Again, we spend billions on intelligence, and they warned Trump of bad things coming.

Moving forward, Trump pressured States to open up the economy as quickly as possible, and to this day has discounted what medical science has to say.

No excuses, as far as I am concerned. The Trumpies will disagree, but he is the President of the United States of America, so he owns this, IMO. He doesn't believe he owns anything that makes him look less than legendary.

CD

Okay... so if true, who is to blame if nothing was done. CNN? I'm sure Trump would like people to believe that. Again, we spend billions on intelligence, and they warned Trump of bad things coming.

Moving forward, Trump pressured States to open up the economy as quickly as possible, and to this day has discounted what medical science has to say.

No excuses, as far as I am concerned. The Trumpies will disagree, but he is the President of the United States of America, so he owns this, IMO. He doesn't believe he owns anything that makes him look less than legendary.

CD

Don't get me wrong, I don't like trump or his policies. But I'm glad he sees through WHO. And stopped finding them, and the UN.

Russ

So much for social distancing at the pub - the first night of pubs opening in Soho, London last night:

1593940410812.png

BTW, I can't return to my normal work and income until we get this virus under control. So, I am really pissed off about us not doing what we needed to do to get this right the first time. In the short term, people got to go to bars, and party on crowded beaches. Restaurants were open, and we were encouraged to act as if the pandemic was over. NOW, we have to start ALL OVER again. That means I have to wait unknown more months to get back to work. Thanks!

Meanwhile, our President is holding 4th of July parties with thousands of people, no masks and no social distancing. I hope his supporters aren't as stupid as he thinks they are.

CD
I share your pain CD. If things had been handled properly at the beginning we would all be getting back to normal by now. You guys seem to be going backwards, and we may follow now that lockdown has been eased. My work was in sectors that have been decimated by the pandemic. No work since Feb, and I can't see things changing for many months. I am re-training.

Delta handed out snacks and small bottle of water in zip lock bags with a single use hand sanitizer gel . When boarding, they handed out a single use sanitizing wipe...all middle seats are empty. I felt safer then when I flew AA in late May and would definitely fly Delta again during Covid based on today’s flight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our health minister stepped down (pushed) finally last week. I saw this on a site. Summed him up.

Russ

Can't find the pic now. Was a picture of a cube of chicken stock, then another cube of beef stock, then a pic of the health minister with laughing stock.

I still can't believe pics I'm seeing of people partying in the USA trying to get covid. Partying it up!!

Watching CNN now live in Texas . Shoulder to shoulder, unbelievable. Like your pic Morning Glory

Russ

Luckily, not everywhere in Texas. Around me, people are wearing masks and keeping a reasonable distance. I did see 30-40 teenage boys playing full contact basketball at a local park today. But, they are immortals.

CD

Back
Top Bottom