How is the corona virus affecting you?

Never count Trump out. His people are already working to game the system.
Oh, I'm not. I said last time, when everyone was sure Clinton had it, don't hold your breath, there's a lot of ticked off people in the country.

I think that's part of what I'm so angry/sick of - it isn't a left-right thing, and I don't identify with either political party - it's that once we let that jerk out of the bag by electing him, he's never, ever going away. Even if he's beaten and leaves office, he'll be an ex-President, and he'll always have a platform, until he's gone. From the day he was elected, until he draws his last breath, he'll never shut up.

Before, since I don't watch "reality" shows, I could pretty much ignore him, he wasn't on the news every night, he wasn't bloviating all over everything 24/7, or if he was, he was easy enough to avoid. Those days are gone forever. That's what's got my undies in a bunch.

On topic, what really gets me is that he keeps lying about Covid, and bragging about what a great job HE has done, and how it is going away and we've turned the corner -- and millions of people believe him. Hey, all my immediate family members are anti-science, and big-time Trump supporters, but they wear masks in public. My sister is a very well educated Registered Nurse, but she is 100-percent behind Trump. He has to be the best con artist, "the likes of which you've never seen."

CD

On topic, what really gets me is that he keeps lying about Covid, and bragging about what a great job HE has done, and how it is going away and we've turned the corner -- and millions of people believe him. Hey, all my immediate family members are anti-science, and big-time Trump supporters, but they wear masks in public. My sister is a very well educated Registered Nurse, but she is 100-percent behind Trump. He has to be the best con artist, "the likes of which you've never seen."

CD

Summed up perfectly. One thing I admire him for is taking you guys out of the UN and WHO, two of the most wasted organisations ever. IMO.

Russ

Summed up perfectly. One thing I admire him for is taking you guys out of the UN and WHO, two of the most wasted organisations ever. IMO.

Russ

I am surprised you aren't a Trump supporter. You and he have so many policy positions in common. BTW, our decisions pertaining to the UN (and foreign policy in general) are all made by Vladimir Putin. :rolleyes:

CD

I am surprised you aren't a Trump supporter. You and he have so many policy positions in common. BTW, our decisions pertaining to the UN (and foreign policy in general) are all made by Vladimir Putin. :rolleyes:

CD

Putin, I watched an interesting doco recently of his rise to the top. How does he effect trumps decision to pull out?

Russ

Well, to be exact, the US did not withdrawl from the UN. The U.S. withdrew from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC), on Trumps orders. Those organizations were pro-science and also critical of Russia. Trump HATES science (because it contradicts him) and loves Putin/Russia.

Putin has something on Trump. Maybe not the infamous "pee-tape," but something. He always takes Putin's side, even against US Intelligence Agencies.

We are getting off-topic. MG is going to spank us.

CD

Well, to be exact, the US did not withdrawl from the UN. The U.S. withdrew from the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC), on Trumps orders. Those organizations were pro-science and also critical of Russia. Trump HATES science (because it contradicts him) and loves Putin/Russia.

Putin has something on Trump. Maybe not the infamous "pee-tape," but something. He always takes Putin's side, even against US Intelligence Agencies.

We are getting off-topic. MG is going to spank us.

CD

Lol, I'm up for a spanking. UN and who are bottomless pits full of politicians, many failed. IMO.

Russ

CD
This is the part I don't understand. I can understand his appeal to certain sectors of the population, but when otherwise intelligent people get taken in? We had exactly the same situation over Brexit.

This is the part I don't understand. I can understand his appeal to certain sectors of the population, but when otherwise intelligent people get taken in? We had exactly the same situation over Brexit.

Some of it is a regional issue. I live in Texas, where Charles Manson could run for President, and win, as long as he ran as a Republican.

There is also the religious factor -- Evangelical Christians, like my family, are willing to overlook Trump's moral failings, as long as he appoints SCOTUS justices, who will reverse Roe V Wade, which made abortion legal. Overruling the ACA (Obamacare) is a bonus. Preventing women from having abortions, then keeping the babies from having health care is what they are all about.

A lot of ideology and emotions go into people's support of Trump. They believe in "alternate facts."

"The last thing was doing the re-opening guidelines, which was interesting, and that in my mind was almost like Trump getting the country back from the doctors, right?" - Jared Kushner, senior White House adviser and son-in-law to Donald Trump.

I don't do ideology. I think. I sometimes have to make compromises, and I am okay with that. I don't expect to get "my way" all the time. Trump supporters do expect to get their way every time -- because they are the REAL Americans.

CD

Back
Top Bottom