How is the corona virus affecting you?

We live in Podstrana

• In Split-Dalmatia County (283/280) – from Split 127, Hvar 1, Imotski 15, Kaštela 15, Makarska 4 , Omis 10, Sinj 30, Solin 16, Supetar 2, Trilj 5, Trogir 2, Vis 2, Vrgorac 7, Baska Voda 1, Dugi Rat 3, Dugopolje 3, Hrvace 4, Klisa 2, Marina 2, Muc 1, Okrug 2 , Otok 3, Podbablje 7, Podstrana 9, Postira 1, Prolozac 4, Runovici 2, Zmijavci 2, Cista Provo 1 person. One hundred eight (108) are contacts of previously infected people. There are 73 people in hospitalized at the Split Clinical Hospital, while 7 people are on ventilators. As N1 unofficially found out, about 900 people were tested in the last 24 hours in the county, and about 250 were positive.
Considering that the population in Finland is 12 times bigger than in your area, the number of Covid patients in Split-Dalmatia County is alarming compared to this remote peninsula. Take care. Finland is slowly recovering from the second wave with roughly 200 daily positive results in the country; mainly in one hockey team (playing in the Russian KHL league), in the capital (Helsinki) and in a few big cities and sporadic hot spots. Currently there are no cases here in Lahti (population 120 000); some 100 km north of Helsinki. Knocking on wood.

Considering that the population in Finland is 12 times bigger than in your area, the number of Covid patients in Split-Dalmatia County is alarming compared to this remote peninsula. Take care. Finland is slowly recovering from the second wave with roughly 200 daily positive results in the country; mainly in one hockey team (playing in the Russian KHL league), in the capital (Helsinki) and in a few big cities and sporadic hot spots. Currently there are no cases here in Lahti (population 120 000); some 100 km north of Helsinki. Knocking on wood.

200 positive a day in the second wave? Those are dream numbers to us .. we've been aroun 10.000 a day for 2 weeks now, in a country 11 times smaller than yours. With 17 million people..

Really hope you guys will be OK but glad for you that you live so remote from each other.

I read this morning that Trump described the ludicrous Nigel Farage as "one of the most powerful men in Europe."

That, I am assuming, is the very same Nigel Farage who has failed in no less than seven attempts to be elected to the House of Commons.

Lololol..

Where would be a preferred state to live in?
That's a difficult question, as it's so tailored to each person. Some folks value cheap cost of living more than anything else. My parents are like that, and so they always thought about, if they had to move, going somewhere like Arkansas or Mississippi.

Of course, warm weather figures into it as well, that's why so many like Florida and Arizona (and because they can live bunched up with a similar demographic, if they choose to).

For us, we both have conditions for a "dream" state to move to, and they're sometimes at odds. We both want East Coast, near an airport that can get us to Europe (excepting Atlanta, I hate that airport).

MrsT is more concerned about warm weather and a dedicated 55+ gated community, I'd much rather have four seasons and an urban location with a good mix of ages of residents. Right now, we're thinking that North Carolina, inland from the coast, might be a workable compromise.

200 positive a day in the second wave? Those are dream numbers to us .. we've been aroun 10.000 a day for 2 weeks now, in a country 11 times smaller than yours. With 17 million people..

Really hope you guys will be OK but glad for you that you live so remote from each other.

Yesterday, the US added 92,000 new cases, and just over 1,000 deaths. Texas added 7,200 new cases, and 113 deaths.

(the population of Texas is about 29-million)

CD

Back
Top Bottom