How is the corona virus affecting you?

So basically those people are afraid of their own shadow :laugh: great observation Tasty, I didn't think of that yet.

My numbers are ( and have always been) described as ' perfect' ( just like your miss T) leading to surprised doctors testing again and then declaring it miracoulous because I too am considered obese. But again just like Miss T, apparently I don't look obese, just overweight.

And my health issues aside from the ED are not weight related, I don't have metabolic syndrome , again just like miss T. We fall under the ' paradox of the healthy obese" ( this is the title of a scientific study on that you can find on google) .

But of course, most people who are overweight have health issues. But, I ask, what was there first. Health issues or the weight? More often than not, the weight comes after the first health issues. So often it goes hand in hand with health issues, and isnt always caused by sheer indulgence.

Miss T sounds very similar to me.

My sister, and educated and experienced Registered Nurse in a good hospital, is severely obese. I am seven inches taller than her, but she is 65 pounds heavier. She takes medicine for type 2 diabetes, but is no on insulin -- yet. She knows she could stop taking that medicine if she lost fifty pounds. My mom nags here, which just makes my sister eat more. Her eating disorder has "emotional" written all over it.

Related to Covid-19, my sister will be in the first wave of people to receive the vaccine, because she is a first responder. That can't happen too soon, because if she were to catch Covid, her excessive weight would make her high risk. She has breathing issues now, because of her weight.

CD

Recently I’ve talked to a person who sometimes makes jogging with me and I was shocked when she said she keeps going out for jogging because in her opinion “it’s my right and it’s not banned”.

I‘ve stopped to go out for my usual runs despite it’s not banned. I’ve chosen this because my first thought has been “if I get hurt at my ankles or feet or whatever during jogging, I have to go to hospital while doctors have something more important to cure than a sprained ankle in this moment”

I miss going out for jogging, but My God, it’s not the end of the world. There are people instead who are fighting against the end of lives.

Just this hour walked out to the car and saw two nurses enter the neighbors home.
All their homes windows are covered up.
Bizarre.
Haven’t seen them for over a week.

I know they were working with addicts that contracted COVID.
Nice couple hope they are ok.

Strange place I live.
One neighbor died and no one knew for 2 and a half years.
We take minding our own business to an uninformed level I guess.

Last edited:
Strange place I live.
One neighbor died and no one knew for 2 and a half years.
We take minding our own business to an uninformed level I guess.

It should shock me, but doesn't. It would probably take at least a few days for someone to find me, if I died in my sleep. I talk to my dad every Sunday, but that's all.

It is especially true now, with Covid-19 isolation. people don't see each other "around" like they did "BC."

CD

Get ready to see more difficulties getting things delivered and shortages at the markets. Don't use your shower curtains for toilet paper! :laugh::laugh:

COVID19 is spiking (in the USA) to an extent that by the time Spring rolls round, everybody will have had it. Herd immunity may be a real possibility.

Get ready to see more difficulties getting things delivered and shortages at the markets. Don't use your shower curtains for toilet paper! :laugh::laugh:

COVID19 is spiking (in the USA) to an extent that by the time Spring rolls round, everybody will have had it. Herd immunity may be a real possibility.

I hope not. Herd immunity can only come at a great expense of suffering and death.

CD

Just spoke to my niece in LA yesterday. They're out of toilet paper. Again.

The good news here is that we have several vaccines which seem to work and the first is likely to be rolled out from early December. This will mainly be to care homes and care home staff and to health workers. After that it will prioritise the elderly. So there is hope...

My sister just called. The family decided to call off Thanksgiving. My mom is still not up and around from her fall, and they are worried about me traveling with my soon to happen surgery. I have an MRI the Monday after Thanksgiving, and the surgery has been passed on to a Surgical Oncologist (not happy to hear that change).

I'm fine with the cancelled trip to Houston. I'll come up with my own Thanksgiving meal, and watch my Steelers play Thanksgiving evening.

CD

My sister just called. The family decided to call off Thanksgiving. My mom is still not up and around from her fall, and they are worried about me traveling with my soon to happen surgery. I have an MRI the Monday after Thanksgiving, and the surgery has been passed on to a Surgical Oncologist (not happy to hear that change).

I'm fine with the cancelled trip to Houston. I'll come up with my own Thanksgiving meal, and watch my Steelers play Thanksgiving evening.

CD

Better Safe than Sorry. Play the isolation game.

Back
Top Bottom