How is the corona virus affecting you?

My sister just called. The family decided to call off Thanksgiving. My mom is still not up and around from her fall, and they are worried about me traveling with my soon to happen surgery. I have an MRI the Monday after Thanksgiving, and the surgery has been passed on to a Surgical Oncologist (not happy to hear that change).

I'm fine with the cancelled trip to Houston. I'll come up with my own Thanksgiving meal, and watch my Steelers play Thanksgiving evening.

CD
That oncologist thing surely sounds troubling. I hope your surgery goes well and everything turns out fine. CookingBites probably continues to sizzle during Thanksgiving too - so there's a lot of twaddle and babble in the air if you feel like taking a break from the fifth or sixth TV match.

My hubby loves to watch snooker, football, ice hockey and golf on TV in addition to having sporty hobbies. Most boys seem to love watching balls roll on the field or hit and run after them themselves. Intriguing :whistling:.

It has a long history: men and ballgames. My mom and I once visited Yucatan and saw Mayan sports fields dating to ancient times.
chi.jpg

Photo source

My sister just called. The family decided to call off Thanksgiving. My mom is still not up and around from her fall, and they are worried about me traveling with my soon to happen surgery. I have an MRI the Monday after Thanksgiving, and the surgery has been passed on to a Surgical Oncologist (not happy to hear that change).

I'm fine with the cancelled trip to Houston. I'll come up with my own Thanksgiving meal, and watch my Steelers play Thanksgiving evening.

CD

Sensible to call off Thanksgiving get togethers. :okay: But why has your surgery been passed to a surgical oncologist? Am I remembering this right? I thought it was gall bladder. Did they explain?

Sensible to call off Thanksgiving get togethers. :okay: But why has your surgery been passed to a surgical oncologist? Am I remembering this right? I thought it was gall bladder. Did they explain?

No. Not yet, at least. I have an MRI next week, and meet the Surgical Oncologist after that. I've talked to my sister, but all we can do is speculate, and there is no point in that. I'm concerned, but not worried. But, coming down with Covid could really make a mess of things, so I'm going to lay low as much as possible.

CD

The good news here is that we have several vaccines which seem to work and the first is likely to be rolled out from early December. This will mainly be to care homes and care home staff and to health workers. After that it will prioritise the elderly. So there is hope...

Great news for you all. The first vaccines here are expected at the end of January. I'm in a vulnerable group, but they've decided to let the elderly , healthy or not go first before anyone else. Even health care workers. I can expect my vaccination probably at the beginning of spring.

No. Not yet, at least. I have an MRI next week, and meet the Surgical Oncologist after that. I've talked to my sister, but all we can do is speculate, and there is no point in that. I'm concerned, but not worried. But, coming down with Covid could really make a mess of things, so I'm going to lay low as much as possible.

CD

Hope this doesn't mean anything, and I hope they are able to help you . Keep us updated.

Reactions: mjd
Hope this doesn't mean anything, and I hope they are able to help you . Keep us updated.

Thanks. I don't know what it could mean, and I'm not going to let my imagination play games with me. I'll have an extra two days this week to hopefully finish a job I started last week, so I can invoice it, and get paid, since I'm not driving to Houston. It's all good.

CD

Thanks. I don't know what it could mean, and I'm not going to let my imagination play games with me. I'll have an extra two days this week to hopefully finish a job I started last week, so I can invoice it, and get paid, since I'm not driving to Houston. It's all good.

CD

Yep, that's the right way to do it. If I have questions about my doctor's visit I also just wait until I'm there.

Johns Hopkins University seems to be the best source of clear data for the virus. That is my "go to" source.

CD

Yes, the only problem they may have is their data sources. Some dictator countries and others, not capable, may not be accurately reporting their Coronavirus cases. Surely, you have suspicions about which countries might not be giving good data.

Yes, the only problem they may have is their data sources. Some dictator countries and others, not capable, may not be accurately reporting their Coronavirus cases. Surely, you have suspicions about which countries might not be giving good data.
Like Trump's America. From a Europeans perspective I would believe F'all that is coming out of any Republican controlled source.
I will wait for Bidens Covid Task force for clean data.

CD

This is a great way to maintain lucidity, me, on the other hand, often let anxiety into my thoughts.
Fingers crossed, I hope everything goes well

Like Trump's America. From a Europeans perspective I would believe F'all that is coming out of any Republican controlled source.
I will wait for Bidens Covid Task force for clean data.

Sheesh! First, Trump has nothing to do with what Johns Hopkins does. Second, what makes you think Biden will be any less a fogger than Trump?

Public Service is no longer a term that American Politicians understand, on both sides. That's why I am an unregistered and independent voter.

I don't know what the Republicans are buying, but its clear enough that the Democrats specialize in Vote Buying, at any cost to Americans. In San Francisco, they went so far as to propose letting foreign nationals vote in US elections. Politics in America has turned into a very dangerous power game for Politicians and big Corporations. Are you aware that Tesla is one of the only companies in California to be allowed to continue operating during Coronavirus Lockdowns? It's not like they have some national strategic importance, making cars in the Democratic Party stronghold of California. One California city elected to fly the Chinese flag over their city hall!

If you wonder why the United States seems to be falling apart, straighten out your political tendency to take sides and cut through the fogs of our internal power grabs. As a US Veteran, I am glad that I am old enough that I can hope not to see this country totally fall apart. I can hope.

BTW: This politics thing doesn't belong in the forum.

BTW: This politics thing doesn't belong in the forum.

Mod.comment:
On this forum we ask folk to stay on topic and if its Covid related then it is OK to express a political opinion in this thread. But the forum is not a place to argue to and fro about political positions. We are an international community from many different walks of life and we inevitably have different views. We ask members to respect others political, religious or other moral/ethical positions and not enter into direct arguments. I often have to bite my tongue!

I'll draw a line under this now.

Mod.comment:
On this forum we ask folk to stay on topic and if its Covid related then it is OK to express a political opinion in this thread. But the forum is not a place to argue to and fro about political positions. We are an international community from many different walks of life and we inevitably have different views. We ask members to respect others political, religious or other moral/ethical positions and not enter into direct arguments. I often have to bite my tongue!

I'll draw a line under this now.

I prefer to stay out of political discussion, but I couldn't help it this time. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom