How is the corona virus affecting you?

Talked to my hair stylist yesterday. She appears to have it, getting tested today.

As we used to say in the old days, she's a real peach, so I'm hoping for the best for her. She's under 30, so she has youth on her side. Right now, she says, all she's experiencing is the loss of taste, so her Tday was spoiled.

Just noticed this morning coffee bars, restaurants are closed. Apparently a lot of restrictions were brought in on Monday, I must have been asleep.

The UK has becomes the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for widespread use. The Health secretary says the NHS 'stands ready' to begin immunisations next week for people in high priority groups.

Yep. My sister (Hospital RN) is hopeful that it will be approved here, and start shipping by the 15th of this month. Moderna and AstraZeneca seem to be close to ready to ship, too.

The problem, at least here, is going to be getting enough people to get the shot. We need at least 70-percent participation to create the golden "herd immunity." Only 40-percent of Americans get an annual flu shot. The anti-vaxers are already making noise.

I'm going to get it. Not just for me, but for the community I live in.

CD

The Health secretary says the NHS 'stands ready' to begin immunisations next week for people in high priority groups.
Morning Morning, once again my total faith in the medical professionals within the NHS is justified.
1606976583017.png

Yep. My sister (Hospital RN) is hopeful that it will be approved here, and start shipping by the 15th of this month. Moderna and AstraZeneca seem to be close to ready to ship, too.

The problem, at least here, is going to be getting enough people to get the shot. We need at least 70-percent participation to create the golden "herd immunity." Only 40-percent of Americans get an annual flu shot. The anti-vaxers are already making noise.

I'm going to get it. Not just for me, but for the community I live in.

CD

Same problem here, we need at least 70% too and right now about 55% is willing. That's concerning. I'm getting mine as soon as I can which will probably be somewhere in the start of next year as I am in a vulnerable group.

We'll gladly get it, regardless of what the nutjobs online are saying (which is that it's not a vaccine at all, but a shot full of nanobots that will allow "the government" to track your every move and control your body).

Talked to my hair stylist yesterday. She appears to have it, getting tested today.

As we used to say in the old days, she's a real peach, so I'm hoping for the best for her. She's under 30, so she has youth on her side. Right now, she says, all she's experiencing is the loss of taste, so her Tday was spoiled.
Got an update: she tested positive, had only one day of being utterly exhausted, and her sense of taste is slowly returning. She's already been cleared to go back to work Monday. That seems fast. :meh:

Back
Top Bottom