How is the corona virus affecting you?

Much too fast! Can't be right... she only got tested on Friday. She should be isolating for 14 days.
That's what I thought. She got tested on the 27th, got her results on the 1st, and her doctor cleared her to go back on the 7th.

She said they told her they have leeway on the quarantine time, that the 14 days reported on the news is just a single generalization, but that it can be adjusted on a case-by-case basis, so he cleared her to go back a little early, as long as she doesn't develop any new symptoms.

See why I'm holding out for a vaccine? :)

I've been re deployed again. This time I'm assisting running our screening protocol at the hospital.

Then my wife was sent for testing of Covid today due to an exposure with a colleague a couple of days ago. She is having mild symptoms, so hopefully we'll have her results soon!

I've been re deployed again. This time I'm assisting running our screening protocol at the hospital.

Then my wife was sent for testing of Covid today due to an exposure with a colleague a couple of days ago. She is having mild symptoms, so hopefully we'll have her results soon!

When I went to the hospital in May to have my gall bladder removed, long before the surgery, they tested me & found out that I was not covid-19 positive.

Good luck to your wife regarding the results and with her symptoms. :)

That's what I thought. She got tested on the 27th, got her results on the 1st, and her doctor cleared her to go back on the 7th.

She said they told her they have leeway on the quarantine time, that the 14 days reported on the news is just a single generalization, but that it can be adjusted on a case-by-case basis, so he cleared her to go back a little early, as long as she doesn't develop any new symptoms.

See why I'm holding out for a vaccine? :)

I find this quite shocking - what on earth is the doctor basing this case-by-case judgement on? She is either positive or not. You can't tell by how someone looks or feels. Unless she takes another test and it proves negative she should not be going back to work before quarantine is up.

I find this quite shocking - what on earth is the doctor basing this case-by-case judgement on? She is either positive or not. You can't tell by how someone looks or feels. Unless she takes another test and it proves negative she should not be going back to work before quarantine is up.

That's not how it works. I had to reschedule my outpatient procedure because I tested positive. It is now some time in January; however, I don't have to retest because it will show positive in my system. I think they said it was 90-120 day window between a positive and when another test is not required.

Last edited:
The genius of government ministers knows no bounds. The Health Secretary, 'Door' Matt Hancock has been claiming we're getting the Pfizer vaccine quicker because of Brexit.

Utter, total piffle. For one thing, we are still in the transition period, so it's completely immaterial. Even Bozo couldn't bring himself to back up this gibberish.

That's not how it works. I had to reschedule my outpatient procedure because I tested positive. It is now some time in January; however, I don't have to retest because it will show positive in my system. I think they said it was 90-120 day window between a positive and when another test is not required.

Not quite sure what you mean. Here if someone tests positive they must isolate for 14 days otherwise they may infect others. The hairdresser in question has been told she doesn't need to do that. I don't know what you mean by 90-120 days? :scratchhead:That's over 3 months.

Not quite sure what you mean. Here if someone tests positive they must isolate for 14 days otherwise they may infect others. The hairdresser in question has been told she doesn't need to do that. I don't know what you mean by 90-120 days? :scratchhead:That's over 3 months.

Sorry my post wasn't clear. I tested positive in early November. I received a call from my doctor who reported it to the County (is how each state is divided up) Health Department. The rep. said that I had to quarantine for 10 days.

I called to reschedule my outpatient procedure which will happen in January. However, since the appointment is less than 120 days from my positive diagnosis, I do not have to retest. They don't retest because it would just show positive again.

I'm not sure how they figured out the time frame and the rep couldn't tell me if it is possible to get it more than once. She admitted they just don't know.

Like you, I don't understand why the hair dresser doesn't have to quarantine especially in a business that has to be face-to-face.

Back
Top Bottom