How is the corona virus affecting you?

No drama for us - a Covid Christmas looks about like every other Christmas around here because we just keep it to ourselves anyway.

We never celebrated Christmas growing up (was against our religion), though my mom always tried to sneak a few Christmassy things in now and again, but my dad would have none of that.

Once I'd grown up and moved away, I'd phone home on the day, and we all knew I was calling because it was Christmas, but no one was never allowed to acknowledge that.

When I moved back to Ohio in 2004, we went over on Christmas Day (maybe 2005) and my dad challenged me with, "What are you doing here?"

"It's Christmas!"

"Yeah, and?"

:laugh:

Remind what religion your parents adhere to? I'm sure you have said before but I can't remember.

Not quite sure what you mean. Here if someone tests positive they must isolate for 14 days otherwise they may infect others. The hairdresser in question has been told she doesn't need to do that. I don't know what you mean by 90-120 days? :scratchhead:That's over 3 months.

Okay, it is my understanding is that if someone tests positive, but is asymptomatic, 10 days is a safe quarantine. Sound fishy to me.

Also, a person who has had Covid-19 should test positive for the antibodies to the virus that their immune system created during quarantine/illness. I don't think they should test positive for the virus. However, there are documented cases of people getting infected with Covid-19 more than once.

Covid-19 is a weird thing. It seems that the more science looks at it, the more surprises they get.

They DO know that wearing a mask, and social distancing WORKS to greatly reduce the spread of the virus. Now, if we can just get everyone to do it!

CD

Last edited:
Okay, it is my understanding is that if someone tests positive, but is asymptomatic, 10 days is a safe quarantine. Sound fishy to me.

Also, a person who has had Covid-19 should test positive for the antibodies to the virus that their immune system created during quarantine/illness. I don't think they should test positive for the virus. However, there are documented cases of people getting infected with Covid-19 more than once.

Covid-19 is a weird thing. It seems that the more science looks at it, the more surprises they get.

They DO know that wearing a mask, and social distancing WORKS to greatly reduce the spread of the virus. Now, if we can just get everyone to do it!

CD

I think that you'll have to ask Trump. He had it, supposedly.

On a serious note, I feel bad for Melania because she probably got Covid from Donald, who has been playing with fire since the pandemic began.

CD
I realise that this is an old post, but I just wanted to comment I am sure that COVID is not the only disease Melania has gotten from her husband over the years.

I'm the opposite, I carry a lot of cash, mainly in the car or next to my bed in a cabinet.

Russ
I carry cash, but it remains in my wallet for prolonged periods of time. I had $108 in my wallet from July that I finally spent a few days ago (I still have the $8). I gave $100 to my husband so he could write me a check for $100 to deposit in one of my checking accounts, which I did using the mobile app on my phone where I took a photo of the front and back after endorsing, never having to go anywhere to do that. I love technology!

I hadn't been to this thread in quite some time and was just catching up on previous posts.

So:

My middle stepdaughter had COVID-19 over the summer. She is 28. She tested negative but remains fatigued and her hair is falling out.

My oldest brother is on day 12 of COVID-19 and has been quarantining at home, no hospital. He is 73. They got an oximeter and his oxygen is only at 90% and he can't catch his breath. He is supposed to go back to work next week but I don't see how that's possible.

My husband's uncle in Phoenix, AZ died last night of COVID-19 complications. He was only 68 years old. He was trying to ride it out at home.

It's really scary stuff. I am not changing any of my habits, but they were sound since March. No one but my husband and I have been in our house since March, we rarely go to stores (double masked if we must and curbside pickup whenever possible), we don't dine out and have actually only eaten takeout a few times. I disinfect everything that comes inside.

I hadn't been to this thread in quite some time and was just catching up on previous posts.

So:

My middle stepdaughter had COVID-19 over the summer. She is 28. She tested negative but remains fatigued and her hair is falling out.

My oldest brother is on day 12 of COVID-19 and has been quarantining at home, no hospital. He is 73. They got an oximeter and his oxygen is only at 90% and he can't catch his breath. He is supposed to go back to work next week but I don't see how that's possible.

My husband's uncle in Phoenix, AZ died last night of COVID-19 complications. He was only 68 years old. He was trying to ride it out at home.

It's really scary stuff. I am not changing any of my habits, but they were sound since March. No one but my husband and I have been in our house since March, we rarely go to stores (double masked if we must and curbside pickup whenever possible), we don't dine out and have actually only eaten takeout a few times. I disinfect everything that comes inside.

That really is in contrast to me here. Sports back to normal, stadiums with people side by side.
Watched grandkids playing t ball on Saturday. Kids every where.

Russ

Giuliani has been tested positive for Covid-19.
I heard that. I was listening on NPR just now and they played a clip from the past where he was telling some woman who was asking him a question to remove her mask so that they could hear her better. She did not remove her mask.

Giving those large wild no-mask Christmas parties at the White House by Trump is probably how how he got it!!! Serves him right!!! 😡

Last edited:
You know I think another problem in the US is those who wear masks because they are ordered to do so don't wear them properly. I wear a N-95 mask underneath with a 2nd antimicrobial mask over the top, and I make sure that they are close fitting around my face with no gaps. I am sure that just a well-fitting mask in general is good but I am a little paranoid I suppose. I have seen people wearing these cheap paper masks that gape around the sides, or they are wearing their masks over their mouths but not over their noses, etc. Pretty ineffectual to not cover the nose.

Back
Top Bottom