How is the corona virus affecting you?

New restrictions now in place in our province.

Temporarily closure of the following:

Swimming pools, water parks and other similar establishments, health establishments, spa, health massage shop, beauty massage shop and herbal steam bath facilities (except massage for medical treatment), shopping malls and stores (except supermarkets, banks and pharmacies), restaurants (except for take away food).

I just found out that hospitals are closed to all visitors, even if the person you are visiting is not sick with COVID-19 or even suspected to have it. A poor older, blind, non-English speaking lady is hospitalized due to something entirely unrelated to COVID-19 and her family can't come in to help with her care and she's obviously scared and anxious (it's mentioned in the report). That's terribly sad but understandable I guess.

It's understandable. Here they will only admit close family or possibly friends (I am guessing if there is no close family) for End Of Life visits. No idea if this includes dying COVID-19 patients or just those due to non-COVID19 related diseases or conditions.

Gas prices here: They've plummeted. I even saw a place which was charging $1.99 in this state. Our earlier prices were $2.50 - 2.60.

We lock down today at noon. SInce I have 7 or 8 inches of snow in my driveway from yesterday afternoon to overnight, I'm effectively locked down now. Snow removal is considered a critical function so the guy who plows me out should be by sometime today (you know, in case you need an ambulance, fire truck, or to get out yourself to the critical functions that are still open... or get critical deliveries.)

Anybody see where loss of taste and/or smell before getting sick is now being considered a symptom?
I did see that in one article.

Honestly, it's kind of annoying, because symptoms seem to be all over the place. One expert in one article says, "If you have the sniffles or are sneezing, that's allergies, not flu-like symptoms," then another expert in another article two days later will completely contradict that.

I've heard loss of smell/taste, upset stomach/diarrhea, sore back, sore throat, coughing, fever, sneezing, drainage, watery/itchy eyes, tired, difficult breathing, all listed as symptoms, and I've heard half of those specifically singled out as not symptoms.

I've had a mild sore throat off and on the last few days, and a bit of coughing and slightly achy chest today, but no fever. It puts me in that middle ground of maybe I'm getting sick, maybe I'm not, if I am, maybe it's the flu or CV, maybe not, but I do 99% of the work around the house and I sure don't feel like isolating myself in the guest bedroom and freaking my wife out because thinking I'm getting sick (and that she may get sick) would probably give her another stroke. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I did see that in one article.

Honestly, it's kind of annoying, because symptoms seem to be all over the place. One expert in one article says, "If you have the sniffles or are sneezing, that's allergies, not flu-like symptoms," then another expert in another article two days later will completely contradict that.

I've heard loss of smell/taste, upset stomach/diarrhea, sore back, sore throat, coughing, fever, sneezing, drainage, watery/itchy eyes, tired, difficult breathing, all listed as symptoms, and I've heard half of those specifically singled out as not symptoms.

I've had a mild sore throat off and on the last few days, and a bit of coughing and slightly achy chest today, but no fever. It puts me in that middle ground of maybe I'm getting sick, maybe I'm not, if I am, maybe it's the flu or CV, maybe not, but I do 99% of the work around the house and I sure don't feel like isolating myself in the guest bedroom and freaking my wife out because thinking I'm getting sick (and that she may get sick) would probably give her another stroke. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think they still learn Reuben about it.

Sarana x

Purely out of academic interest, I had a look at five supermarket sites this afternoon. Every single one has no delivery slots available. I'm not blaming them - after all, there's not much they can do - but it does make the idea of not going out impossible.

Purely out of academic interest, I had a look at five supermarket sites this afternoon. Every single one has no delivery slots available. I'm not blaming them - after all, there's not much they can do - but it does make the idea of not going out impossible.
Yes, but those with delivery slots will not be in the supermarket, so making it safer for you.

Is Trump really suggesting that he is willing to sacrifice the lives of tens of thousands of Americans to protect the stock market and his own wealth?????

I always thought our Boris was a dangerous clown, but he has stepped up and is acting like a proper leader, allowing fellow Ministers to do their job, and listening to and acting on the advice of experts.

Is Trump really suggesting that he is willing to sacrifice the lives of tens of thousands of Americans to protect the stock market and his own wealth?????

I always thought our Boris was a dangerous clown, but he has stepped up and is acting like a proper leader, allowing fellow Ministers to do their job, and listening to and acting on the advice of experts.
I fear that "yes" is the answer to that question.

As for Bozo, he is an ego politician who is seriously out of his depth, but seems to have just about awareness to realise this. It was very noticeable how much pain was etched across his face when he was announcing the latest restrictions. His only natural instinct - as opposed to his opportunism - is towards libertarianism. I wouldn't abandon the "dangerous clown" concept.

Back
Top Bottom