How is the corona virus affecting you?

Well we were supposed to have a gathering at youngest daughter's house tonight (8 family members) for MIL's birthday, but youngest daughter's fiance woke up this morning and wasn't feeling welll so he did a home test. He has COVID. Dinner party is canceled of course. Which means I can go to work a little later than I originally planned, but sad for the young'un to be sick. He had it once before earlier this year. He thankfully was double vaxxed and boosted. His symptoms are mild thus far.

Last edited:
Well we were supposed to have a gathering at youngest daughter's house tonight (8 family members) for MIL's birthday, but youngest daughter's fiance woke up this morning and wasn't feeling welll so he did a home test. He has COVID. Dinner party is canceled of course. Which means I can go to work a little later than I originally planned, but sad for the young'un to be sick. He had it once before earlier this year. He thankfully was double vaxxed and boosted. His symptoms are mild thus far.
:hug:fingers crossed it will stay mild for him!

So middle stepdaughter in Texas had a huge birthday bash for my 1 year old grandson on Saturday and probably 100 people were there (we were invited but of course did not want to fly to Texas for a kids birthday party that he won't even remember).

Last night my grandson developed a high fever and a deep rattling cough and they took him to the ER this morning. He has Covid, and so does his mother now (for the 3rd time). None of them have been vaccinated, and she is in the "kids can't get it" misinformation camp, just because he was always asymptomatic or never had gotten it when she had it before (his father has had it twice). Undoubtedly the kid was being passed around and hugged and kissed by a lot of people, so that's probably where he got it. No mask wearing I am sure.

So middle stepdaughter in Texas had a huge birthday bash for my 1 year old grandson on Saturday and probably 100 people were there (we were invited but of course did not want to fly to Texas for a kids birthday party that he won't even remember).

Last night my grandson developed a high fever and a deep rattling cough and they took him to the ER this morning. He has Covid, and so does his mother now (for the 3rd time). None of them have been vaccinated, and she is in the "kids can't get it" misinformation camp, just because he was always asymptomatic or never had gotten it when she had it before (his father has had it twice). Undoubtedly the kid was being passed around and hugged and kissed by a lot of people, so that's probably where he got it. No mask wearing I am sure.
How's he doing now?

My friend butcher has long covid, daughter also has it as well. Both are not right. Anyone else have long covid?

Russ
When I had it back in February, it took me a few weeks to recover, but I lost my sense of taste and smell for several weeks after the nasal congestion and cough cleared up. Thankfully it came back eventually. I was also fatigued for over a month but that went away eventually. I found that B-complex vitamins helped with the fatigue.

When I had it back in February, it took me a few weeks to recover, but I lost my sense of taste and smell for several weeks after the nasal congestion and cough cleared up. Thankfully it came back eventually. I was also fatigued for over a month but that went away eventually. I found that B-complex vitamins helped with the fatigue.
My late wife and I contracted it back in January. Despite our demographic (age and weight), the symptoms resembled a mild flu for a few days, a few days more of fatigue, then we were fine. I take (and she took) both B complex and D3 vitamins daily.

Reading the primary literature and health department data, our experience was apparently pretty typical. We had each had a single J&J shot a year earlier.

My late wife and I contracted it back in January. Despite our demographic (age and weight), the symptoms resembled a mild flu for a few days, a few days more of fatigue, then we were fine. I take (and she took) both B complex and D3 vitamins daily.

Reading the primary literature and health department data, our experience was apparently pretty typical. We had each had a single J&J shot a year earlier.
I'm very sad that your wife passed so recently. I hope you're coping well.

I'm very sad that your wife passed so recently. I hope you're coping well.
Cooking, wine, and my research work are excellent coping mechanisms. I am also fortunate enough to live in a small and amazing town with a great support system.

Fun fact: she was the sysop for a wine and cooking forum when we first met.

Sorry to hear this, sending you hugs! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom