How is the corona virus affecting you?

As for how corona is affecting me or this country? Nada is being done. I can get my fourth shot maybe in october, but maybe even november. Nothing has been made clear yet.

My mom got covid, now suffering quite a lot, cause it's in the beginning time.
Very sorry to hear - the way it’s been here lately, it’s two or three really bad days, then a long time of not feeling bad, but not feeling good, either, just sort of in-between.

I hope she’s ok soon!

My mom got covid, now suffering quite a lot, cause it's in the beginning time.

I really hope she is OK and you too. My daughter phoned yesterday to tell me she has COVID. She is feeling pretty rough. I saw her on Saturday so I'm obviously worried I may have caught it. It would be ironic after being ultra careful since the beginning of the pandemic in that I have let her in the house for the first time in the last few weeks.

I really hope she is OK and you too. My daughter phoned yesterday to tell me she has COVID. She is feeling pretty rough. I saw her on Saturday so I'm obviously worried I may have caught it. It would be ironic after being ultra careful since the beginning of the pandemic in that I have let her in the house for the first time in the last few weeks.
First off, I trust she’ll be ok. We seem to have a lot less being being drastically affected by it these days.

Try not to worry too much for yourself (as hard as that is) - the week before they first shut everything down here (March 2020), we’d just come from a giant family lunch, probably 50 people or more, hugging on each other, cooped up in a restaurant banquet room, and I thought for sure then that half of us would get it and no one did.

Then, just a month or so ago, MrsT met with a couple to give them their travel documents, so they were right in each other’s faces, her going over details for two solid hours just inches apart, and then they called a couple of days later to tell her they’d both tested positive for covid and she needed to be aware.

That also turned into nothing for her, and my oldest brother, when he got it, he didn’t pass it on to his wife or my folks, so for whatever reason, it seems to be a bit picky with who it lands on.

That also turned into nothing for her, and my oldest brother, when he got it, he didn’t pass it on to his wife or my folks, so for whatever reason, it seems to be a bit picky with who it lands on.

Yeah - its strange that. My daughter said the same thing - someone at work who had it and yet her husband didn't get it. Also my daughter had been to a concert with her friend on Thursday last week and they were in close contact all of last Friday, yet he hasn't tested positive. I'm trying not to worry.

My in-laws have it now. They became complacent and started going to restaurants again and now are both sick, especially MIL, who has already has a lung condition so her cough is awful. Here in the US one only has to call a pharmacy and tell them a home test showed aa positive and an antiviral (pavloxid) can be prescribed, and we suggested this. She refused.

My in-laws have it now. They became complacent and started going to restaurants again and now are both sick, especially MIL, who has already has a lung condition so her cough is awful. Here in the US one only has to call a pharmacy and tell them a home test showed aa positive and an antiviral (pavloxid) can be prescribed, and we suggested this. She refused.

Oh my! She needs to be persuaded somehow. We don't have that luxury here.

I have no symptoms so far so fingers crossed.

I'm hoping you don't. Some people are just lucky that they're not susceptible. It's weird. My youngest has not gotten it even though her fiancé who she lives with has had it twice and she still slept in the same bed and shared the kitchen and bath with him. Maybe you're like that, or your daughter was not contagious yet when you were near her.

Now it's too late for MIL, the antivirals only work if taken within the first few days and she started feeling sick Sunday (and of course didn't tell us she was not well until yesterday). She could still get them but unlikely to do any good. She's not gotten any worse thankfully. FIL is feeling better. We worry for her especially since she's frail already. She needs to keep her appetite up. If she loses smell and taste she'll probably feel less hungry, which is dreadful. I had to force myself to eat when I had it.

Availability even varies here. My manager got covid, asked for Pavloxid and his doctor told him, “You’re 40 and vaccinated, just ride it out.”

Availability even varies here. My manager got covid, asked for Pavloxid and his doctor told him, “You’re 40 and vaccinated, just ride it out.”
It's weird. My nephew and his fiancee were both prescribed it and they are early 30s and vaccinated.

President Biden was given Paxlovid. It is quite possible why he got Covid a second time -- called "rebound" or "bounce back" Covid. My sister (hospital RN) said many doctors won't prescribe it if the patient is fully vaccinated, and likely to have mild symptoms. When my 90-year old father tested positive while being treated for pneumonia, he was not given Paxlovid. He was fully vaccinated before contracting the virus, no doubt the Omicron variation.

My dad was put in isolation and watched. He got through it with very minor symptoms, although those were just as likely from the pneumonia.

CD

Back
Top Bottom