How is the corona virus affecting you?

My eyeballs itch.

It is ragweed pollen season here, so my eyes itch, too.

BTW, ragweed season has a lot of people experiencing sneezing, runny nose, and some sore throats and coughing. Similar to Covid symptoms. Some people may have Covid, and think it is just seasonal allergies. And, some people think they may have Covid, but it really is just allergies.

CD

Oh dear

Well, here's a little oddity: I reported we were feeling sick in London, just the usual stuffy nose, sore throat, headache, and tiredness. That was nearly two weeks ago. We both tested (we brought tests with us!) and both reported negative. Tested again right after we got home, six days ago. Again, tested negative.

MrsT tested yesterday, and is now testing positive. I just tested again today...negative.

In the meantime, we both still feel very congested, but that's about it. She's having bouts of tiredness, which I got over days and days ago.

What's all that mean? Did we have covid early on, and got false negatives? Did we have just a regular bad cold/respiratory crud, but somewhere along the way, one of us got covid? Bad tests for one or both of us? Maybe I have covid and she doesn't? Maybe we both do/did, maybe neither? Allergies?

I'm glad they have these tests to definitively answer all these questions! 🤔

Well, here's a little oddity: I reported we were feeling sick in London, just the usual stuffy nose, sore throat, headache, and tiredness. That was nearly two weeks ago. We both tested (we brought tests with us!) and both reported negative. Tested again right after we got home, six days ago. Again, tested negative.

MrsT tested yesterday, and is now testing positive. I just tested again today...negative.

In the meantime, we both still feel very congested, but that's about it. She's having bouts of tiredness, which I got over days and days ago.

What's all that mean? Did we have covid early on, and got false negatives? Did we have just a regular bad cold/respiratory crud, but somewhere along the way, one of us got covid? Bad tests for one or both of us? Maybe I have covid and she doesn't? Maybe we both do/did, maybe neither? Allergies?

I'm glad they have these tests to definitively answer all these questions! 🤔

Hard to know but my guess is you had and maybe still have COVID. But its impossible to know. If Mrs T has it then you most likely have had or still have it too, I suppose. I think false positives are very rare.

Stage of infection​

Another study estimated that the probability of an infected person falsely testing negative on the day they contracted the virus was 100%, falling to 67% by day four of the infection. If they took a test on day five, the typical day people develop symptoms, the chance of a false negative result was 38%, dropping to 20% three days after the onset of symptoms (or day eight since exposure).

Such findings emphasise the need to remain cautious if you’ve come into contact with an infected person, even if you initially test negative. They also highlight the importance of a multi-pronged control strategy, including quarantine measures for those exposed to the virus, and explain why many countries require travellers to conduct two PCR tests – one shortly before or after arrival, and another some days later, in case the first test misses the virus.

False negative: How long does it take for coronavirus to become detectable by PCR?

Back
Top Bottom