How is the corona virus affecting you?

Had a mild fever yesterday and last night, did a test, but negative. So not Covid luckily. And am also fever free since this morning. So I'm taking a slow day so hopefully I'll also be fever free tomorrow morning when I need to go to hospital for a test.
Are there any physician approved fever reducers you can take before you go?

The in-laws are testing negative now but still no energy and MIL's cough is terrible still, but given her lung condition not surprising.

I just scheduled my omicron specific booster for Friday afternoon. Going to encourage hubby to get his before we go on vacation in late October.

Started feeling ropey yesterday afternoon, did a test this morning. Oops! I fancied a couple of days off work, but not like this.:thumbsdown:

Oh dear. I hope Lullabelle doesn't come down with it too. I've booked our booster now for October. I guess we are lucky not to have had Covid so far - but then we don't really meet anyone else very often.

Oh dear. I hope Lullabelle doesn't come down with it too. I've booked our booster now for October. I guess we are lucky not to have had Covid so far - but then we don't really meet anyone else very often.

It is very likely that Lu will get it, I just hope it isn't too bad.

Feeling a bit off but otherwise ok, just being careful not to get too close to anyone, we are advised to treat it like a cold, if you feel ok then you can come to work just be aware of others around you.

Feeling a bit off but otherwise ok, just being careful not to get too close to anyone, we are advised to treat it like a cold, if you feel ok then you can come to work just be aware of others around you.
I'm so glad that I no longer work because it was that attitude (I appreciate it isn't your choice) that caused me to get very severely ill 13 or 14 years ago. He did come to work when ill (and remember I worked in a boarding school) and every single member of staff in that building went down with the same illness inside a week, even the part-time staff, one of whom was the headmaster's wife. The entire ICT, library and maths departments were closed as a result.

In Australia it is still a mandatory 5 days at home for anyone testing positive. It's only just been dropped from 7 days down to 5.

I'm just watching the timer at the moment, feel crap and my asthma is playing up badly, can't stop coughing. It could be air quality with a storm front coming through, but I was going down hill all afternoon. Don't think I'll be making my doctors appointment tomorrow in just under 5hrs time and 1hrs drive away either way though.

Yes, I'm advised that I can go to work if I feel well enough. Hopefully in a day or two I will feel OK, but I will still be testing positive. One of our colleagues is in poor health with heart and lung issues. Last time he got covid it almost did for him and he was in hospital for a while. If I was to pass it to him this week I would never forgive myself. So what to do?

Yes, I'm advised that I can go to work if I feel well enough. Hopefully in a day or two I will feel OK, but I will still be testing positive. One of our colleagues is in poor health with heart and lung issues. Last time he got covid it almost did for him and he was in hospital for a while. If I was to pass it to him this week I would never forgive myself. So what to do?

Stay off work. I would... the policy where my daughter works (pharmacy) is the same. She stayed off until she tested negative even though this meant she wasn't paid. She couldn't bear the idea of serving elderly vulnerable customers whilst infected.

Back
Top Bottom