How is the corona virus affecting you?

Turns out the boy's mother is sick too, so they will be here for at least two weeks. Que meltdown from the eldest, but he's OK now he's been allowed to claim the TV for himself. We rather sacrifice the tv than have an angry unpredictable 20 year old build up frustration.

As for general developments in my country: all delivery services for food have been booked to capacity till the first of april and the stores are still facing bare shelves due to panic buying. We've got one planned delivery coming next week (our regular shop) and that's it. But we'll be fine food wise, it's just going to be challenging to deal with two severely mentally ill teenagers for two weeks.

Turns out the boy's mother is sick too, so they will be here for at least two weeks. Que meltdown from the eldest, but he's OK now he's been allowed to claim the TV for himself. We rather sacrifice the tv than have an angry unpredictable 20 year old build up frustration.

As for general developments in my country: all delivery services for food have been booked to capacity till the first of april and the stores are still facing bare shelves due to panic buying. We've got one planned delivery coming next week (our regular shop) and that's it. But we'll be fine food wise, it's just going to be challenging to deal with two severely mentally ill teenagers for two weeks.
I can not imagine how it feel. This is one time I am happy not be home.

Sarana x

My local Tesco has had its shelves completely wiped out of loo rolls, hand sanitizer gels, antibacterial wipes, pasta and even paracetamol.

I'm like :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: Literally.

My husband is showing symptoms too now, so we're cancelling all appointments this week. We've told the mother of the children (my husband's ex wife) that we have to stay in quarantine which means they have to stay here. We're hoping she won't demand she takes them, because that would be against government recommendations right now. If she demands it, we will ask government advice on what to do.
We're not doing this for fun, after all.

I hope we're just having regular flu symptoms and not corona, but it's impossible to know right now.
(((((Hug)))))

We got some toilet paper finally, necessity as we were going to run out by Wednesday or Thursday. Not our usual brand, but you do what you gotta do. Kept checking online until some became available and then i got 2 packages. Thought i got some paper towels too, but they cancelled that order later, guess they ran out before they picked our order. Boy did i get some looks when i was walking out of the store today with the TP. Found some of our usual brand of paper towels for home delivery this morning by doing the same thing, checking every so often. Hopefully these don't get cancelled.

We got some toilet paper finally, necessity as we were going to run out by Wednesday or Thursday. Not our usual brand, but you do what you gotta do. Kept checking online until some became available and then i got 2 packages. Thought i got some paper towels too, but they cancelled that order later, guess they ran out before they picked our order. Boy did i get some looks when i was walking out of the store today with the TP. Found some of our usual brand of paper towels for home delivery this morning by doing the same thing, checking every so often. Hopefully these don't get cancelled.
I'm generally a light-hearted person, but after coming across the woman in the drugstore crying over toilet paper, you can bet I locked my purchase of TP in the trunk of the car before going to my next stop. Usually, I would have just tossed them in the back seat.

I'm waiting for the news that someone got robbed and/or shot over toilet paper.

I'm generally a light-hearted person, but after coming across the woman in the drugstore crying over toilet paper, you can bet I locked my purchase of TP in the trunk of the car before going to my next stop. Usually, I would have just tossed them in the back seat.

I'm waiting for the news that someone got robbed and/or shot over toilet paper.
Someone got tazered in Australia last week.

This hoarding stuff is strange. We were at our supermarket yesterday and all the baked beans were gone, however all the tinned pasta next to them was untouched. The tinned pasta actually provides a more balanced meal in itself.

Someone got tazered in Australia last week.

This hoarding stuff is strange. We were at our supermarket yesterday and all the baked beans were gone, however all the tinned pasta next to them was untouched. The tinned pasta actually provides a more balanced meal in itself.
That's exactly what my wife and I were talking about today, how people seem to randomly be choosing what to hoard and what to skip.

Canned soup...it's cheap, easy to heat up, and comes in a hundred varieties. Untouched. Pop-Tarts, almost gone. Boxed cereals and instant oatmeal, untouched. Pancake and waffle mix...all but gone.

Milk and eggs, plenty to be had, butter nearly gone. No TP, but right next to the TP shelves, all the paper towels you could ever want.

That's exactly what my wife and I were talking about today, how people seem to randomly be choosing what to hoard and what to skip.

Canned soup...it's cheap, easy to heat up, and comes in a hundred varieties. Untouched. Pop-Tarts, almost gone. Boxed cereals and instant oatmeal, untouched. Pancake and waffle mix...all but gone.

Milk and eggs, plenty to be had, butter nearly gone. No TP, but right next to the TP shelves, all the paper towels you could ever want.
You're right, here the freezers full of ready meals and pizzas, along with their chilled ( and freezable) counterparts which are fully stocked. Our supermarket was fairly well stripped of cereal, but what about the milk to go with it???? :scratchhead:

Nearly all the paper towels were gone yesterday when we went to the store, only the really crappy brands left. Our order of Bounty still hasn't gotten cancelled.

We decided not to take a chance on leaving the car unattended because my car is a hatchback so there's no trunk. Craig stayed in the car while I ran into the grocery for a couple of things we had forgotten, plus a few more we decided to get, then switched out for him to run an errand. We decided on not going to the grocery again until we absolutely have to.

We decided on not going to the grocery again until we absolutely have to.
I already have a list started for the next trip, quite possibly tomorrow. 😳

I'm a day-to-day shopper. I do do a weekly shop, but so many fresh things, I want to buy the day before or the day of, so it's just ingrained in me to pop into the shops every day or so.

Lol :roflmao: hoarders are so irrational.

Shelves here are emptied of toilet paper and kitchen towels, hand sanitizer, bread, eggs, milk ( all fresh produce that doesn't last long) ,potato chips, canned soup, beer and soda, freezer meals and pasta.

Otherwise things are still fine. You really can't live on the above.

The stuff we have always kept in the larder is things like oil, flour, spices, salt, sugar and tins of fish, meat, beans , veggies and fruit. We have more but what I just wrote can make anyone survive for ages.

Back
Top Bottom