How is the corona virus affecting you?

We are eating out of the freezer during the week, 2 chickens tonight, kebabs and risotto and tandoori cutlets during the week. I have enough food for 6 months I think, if not more.

Russ

The boys mom insists on getting the boys despite her being sick ( and them too) so she's picking them up by car tonight as nobody is yet banned from driving or anything. We told her she's being irresponsible but she won't be told otherwise and the boys are wanting to go just as much because she spoils them more than we do.

But it's ok for us, if she wants two angry gremlins in lockdown I can't say we'll be sorry about it.

The boys mom insists on getting the boys despite her being sick ( and them too) so she's picking them up by car tonight as nobody is yet banned from driving or anything. We told her she's being irresponsible but she won't be told otherwise and the boys are wanting to go just as much because she spoils them more than we do.

But it's ok for us, if she wants two angry gremlins in lockdown I can't say we'll be sorry about it.
Hopefully, as all this develops, this will work out. Now you can concentrate on yourselves a bit more. I know that sounds insensitive, but go with what you've been given, I guess.

How about you and your hubby - feeling better/worse/the same today?

Hopefully, as all this develops, this will work out. Now you can concentrate on yourselves a bit more. I know that sounds insensitive, but go with what you've been given, I guess.

How about you and your hubby - feeling better/worse/the same today?

Well we're not in lockdown yet, but probably tomorrow. The schools, restaurants and clubs are obliged to close from today at 18.00. This is going to hit the economy hard. Tomorrow our prime minister will decree another set of measures.

My husband feels feverish but his temperature is ok, I felt a little better but tired today. Hopefully I keep feeling well.

The boys will go to their mother in 30 mins, you're not insensitive TastyReuben we feel the same way. It will be a relief for us as they have been constantly angry since the news came.

Well we're not in lockdown yet, but probably tomorrow. The schools, restaurants and clubs are obliged to close from today at 18.00. This is going to hit the economy hard. Tomorrow our prime minister will decree another set of measures.

My husband feels feverish but his temperature is ok, I felt a little better but tired today. Hopefully I keep feeling well.

The boys will go to their mother in 30 mins, you're not insensitive TastyReuben we feel the same way. It will be a relief for us as they have been constantly angry since the news came.
I pray you will be OK Bella,

Sarana x

I have to go to the nearby city tomorrow. Both my phone AND my Kindle chose the same day to die (yesterday). I need to hit Verizon for the phone, which may just need a new battery or something but I don't know. I really don't want to lose elements of my address book. The Kindle will have to be replaced (that's easy to do online). At any rate, I tell this laptop.... DON"T DO THAT!!! PLEASE! I'LL MAKE ALL SORTS OF OFFERINGS ON YOUR BEHALF! I'll sacrifice a rooster this week!

(Actually, I do have one that has to end up in the stew pot.)

While I am there, I may as well collect a few more things I'll need, and return something to Home Depot that it turns out I do not need.

It is really bad about the economy. When I've been out to eat recently I've seriously overtipped (I know much of Europe actually pays waitstaff working wages, but that's not true in America) just to help out a little bit. I've just ordered some pottery from a friend who has a small business out of Maine that needs a hand - lovely stuff, but he can no longer rely on sales shows.

118 cases in Massachusetts reported, none in my county, 8 in the county I'll be visiting tomorrow regards my cell phone. Doesn't mean they've all been found, but I do have ONE pack of disinfectant wipes that I will use judiciously.

My own town has essentially been shut down. No events or any gatherings for the next month. I am glad to note that the town dump still takes trash... ahem. I think for other sanitary reasons, they can't close that down! I got to chat with other live humans this morning!!!

The president of the Netherlands has just announced a ' message to the people' tomorrow night at 19.00.

It's been 40 years since the last ' message to the people ' so this is a big deal. We expect lockdown starts tomorrow.

I suppose the only personal issue at the moment is that we were going to book a holiday in Prague for August but I'm now waiting until we know it's all clear. I think we should be ok as from what I understand the virus can't survive in higher temperatures.

Viruses in general do not spread as easily in warmer months and warmer climates. They peak activity tends to be in cold seasons in temperate climates.

The less active viruses don't die, and go away. They can linger on and survive until the next cold season comes along and "wakes them up."

So, it is really important to develop a vaccine, and not do as DJT recommended and just wait for warm weather.

But,in the Northern Hemisphere, you are a lot less likely to be infected by viruses, like the flu and similar, in the Summer months.

Hopefully, Covid-19 will be one more strain of virus added to next Winter's standard flue shots.

CD

Back
Top Bottom