How is the corona virus affecting you?

I read that any temperature above 75°C should kill the virus. Our daytime temperatures are currently around 39°C but new cases are still being reported. As of Sunday (15th), the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases has risen to 114 of whom 35 have been discharged after recovery, 78 are under medical care, and one death. The population of Thailand is around 70,000,000.

I've just read a report that scientists are now concerned that the (predicted by some) killing off of the virus due to the heat will not be as effective as was hoped. Their concern is that the virus will hang on in various places and we will have a second wave in the winter of 2020/2021.

I've just read a report that scientists are now concerned that the (predicted by some) killing off of the virus due to the heat will not be as effective as was hoped. Their concern is that the virus will hang on in various places and we will have a second wave in the winter of 2020/2021.
Mio Dio!!

Sarana x

There were no eggs at Kroger today. That, and there were only a few gallons of milk left. Take away my toilet paper, but don’t take away my eggs. Bastards.
That's what's so weird - my local Kroger, wiped out of TP, but they had water, produce was all but gone.

Kroger 30 minutes away, everything except TP and water. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Besides, “Mickey me off” sounds much more obscene than what I wrote.
When that first happened to me, it threw me, until I remembered "to take the mickey" and "to take the p!ss" are similar sayings - and we don't really use those sayings in the US, so it really caught me off guard. :laugh:

I sorry to inform my husband Ray is now sick,
Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. If it helps, feel free to share and vent here, if needed. We're thinking about you!

Windigo - how are you and your husband feeling today?

Ciao,

Ray is up he look awful. I make breakfast he say no! Is not Ray. He say he more worried of me!! He always cared me and his bambini more the he!! I make him bed on sofa and we listen to Radio Napoli online.

Sarana x

That's what's so weird - my local Kroger, wiped out of TP, but they had water, produce was all but gone.

Kroger 30 minutes away, everything except TP and water. 🤷🏻‍♂️

When that first happened to me, it threw me, until I remembered "to take the mickey" and "to take the p!ss" are similar sayings - and we don't really use those sayings in the US, so it really caught me off guard. :laugh:

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this. If it helps, feel free to share and vent here, if needed. We're thinking about you!

Grazie Reuben

Sarana x

Well having a good night's sleep after the weekend was a boost, however I'm getting a headache again and am feeling kinda under the weather. My husband goes from kinda under the weather to ok-ish too. My husband is working from home today, that was easy to do as he is a programmer.

Corona has an incubation period (not sure if I am translating this right) of about a week to two weeks and we've started having symptoms on thursday last week so I'm guessing by the end of this week we might know if things get worse. If it stays like this it's just a common cold, however we won't go out for at least two weeks now anyway because we can't afford letting me get anywhere near Corona as I'm at risk.

Well having a good night's sleep after the weekend was a boost, however I'm getting a headache again and am feeling kinda under the weather. My husband goes from kinda under the weather to ok-ish too. My husband is working from home today, that was easy to do as he is a programmer.

Corona has an incubation period (not sure if I am translating this right) of about a week to two weeks and we've started having symptoms on thursday last week so I'm guessing by the end of this week we might know if things get worse. If it stays like this it's just a common cold, however we won't go out for at least two weeks now anyway because we can't afford letting me get anywhere near Corona as I'm at risk.
I pray it a cold Bella. God hold you.

Sarana x

I rare drink, may be a glass of vino, a Limoncello here or there. Now I am sat in kitchen drinking Grappa at not midday!! I feel no use to him. I dislike Grappa, is mans drink but I afraid. Ray is 64 I live with him more time than home. Mio Dio why you do this? We go church every Sunday, Ray speak the words of grace every meals. WHY you punish? We honest kind and true why you do this?
I now have placed Ray in the bed again, he say he feel very weak! I call 111 again and no help. I loos all Inglese I have I scream at them nothing. Then I wait for interpreter to come and she because I Napulitano she can not understand??? I speak as machine gun I know this, I am in panic for Ray she no Italian she no understand!!! I use words nasty, I say please help me my husband ill. She speak school Italian, I say I Napulitano my saying different, she thought me was eastern European!!! She give in!!! I so afraid now.
It seem now Ray and I are alone, so is the way. He prepared give his for life his country, he leave 15 year ago only. they give him place in recruitment offices. All I say to these is Vaffanculo. Please forgive curse. I sad afraid and cry my big man is as child. He get worse I think I need ambulance.
Sarana x

There were no eggs at Kroger today. That, and there were only a few gallons of milk left. Take away my toilet paper, but don’t take away my eggs. Bastards.

And by the way, are these hoarders out of their minds? Where are they going to refrigerate all that? Are they doing it just to p.i.s.s. me off?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My original word choice was censored, and replaced by the word Mickey. As hilarious as this is, I wanted to get the point across properly. I thought the censorship was that it would replace the word with all asterisks. And, is that word really on that level? I figured it’s on the same level as the word bastards, but that showed up with no issue.

Besides, “Mickey me off” sounds much more obscene than what I wrote.

IF they'd travel well, I'd mail you (and all the regulars here) some farm fresh eggs from (mostly) organically fed hens.

Back
Top Bottom