How is the corona virus affecting you?

Wifie was able to get a few days off From the hospital so we’re camping in Sedona Az.

Hospital expects to soon be slammed with non-Covid 19 patients. Huge backlog of cancer patients that need essential surgery and care.

Hardly a soul around. Most tourist attractions like the beautiful Verde Gorge excursion train still closed.

We took our OHV (off Highway vehicle) into the town of Cottonwood Arizona and found a dog friendly tavern that just that hour reopened after a 8 week shutdown.
Employees all seemed appreciative and happy to be working again.

My o my was the food-off-the-hook good and the first draft beer I’ve had in months. Scratch cooked food even the sauces and breads.

We drove the Broken Arrow trail. A bit technical and tricky at spots but excellent and scenic.

April - May is Sedona's high season and tourism may not pick up anytime soon.

Last edited:
Here's logic. Take this scenario, for example: a person living alone cannot go and meet two relatives in a park. However, the two relatives can go out together and meet the single person in the same place. So these three hypothetical people are, at one and the same time, keeping to the rules and breaking the rules.

Here's logic. Take this scenario, for example: a person living alone cannot go and meet two relatives in a park. However, the two relatives can go out together and meet the single person in the same place. So these three hypothetical people are, at one and the same time, keeping to the rules and breaking the rules.
As long as they "stay alert," they're covered. :)

Yep we noticed this too and were talking about it the other day - the rules are totally illogical and are impossible to stick to.

We (as a cohabiting couple) could meet up with a friend, but that friend is not actually allowed to meet up with us....because then they'd be meeting two people, when they're only allowed to meet one.
Also....what's the difference between the two of us meeting up with two friends who also live together? We're allowed to meet with them one at a time (though see above for that dichotomy) but meeting with them at the same time is not allowed.

You really do have to wonder at the intelligence of a government who can publish such rules and not see the glaring gaps in their reasoning.

We have never been required to stay home -- it is just a suggestion. We don't have to wear masks, either. Our Covid-19 rules are based on what businesses and public facilities can be open, and how they must operate.

Restaurants were on take-out/delivery only restrictions until last week. Now they are allowed open, with strict guidelines. Barbers/Salons are open, too, and gyms will open next week (seems like a big mistake to me).

Our Republican governor had been very reasonable with restrictions, but The Donald got him to drink the "must open fast, must open now" Kool-aid. That, and we've had a few of those high-profile protests where people wave signs and carry guns that are apparently NOT assault weapons, but sporting rifles good for the sport of mowing down a room full of liberals in 15 seconds.

CD

I had a beer with a mate at a pub yesterday, all legal. My friend was telling me about our other friends, he had been seeing them all at their homes as if nothing was going on. I couldn't believe it. Completely breaking bubble rules. It's crazy!!

Russ

We are required to wear masks when out in places like groceries, liquor stores, gas stations, etc.
In our confused state of easing restrictions we are not required to wear any form of PPE anywhere, even on crowded buses or trains. Our retailers have mostly put restrictions in place, limiting numbers in stores, 2m lines on floors and directional arrows. Generally, people comply with good grace, but some seem to have a problem understanding the concept of arrows. You also get the occasional muppet who stands in the middle of an aisle playing on their mobile phone, making it impossible to pass at a safe distance.

Yep we noticed this too and were talking about it the other day - the rules are totally illogical and are impossible to stick to.

We (as a cohabiting couple) could meet up with a friend, but that friend is not actually allowed to meet up with us....because then they'd be meeting two people, when they're only allowed to meet one.
Also....what's the difference between the two of us meeting up with two friends who also live together? We're allowed to meet with them one at a time (though see above for that dichotomy) but meeting with them at the same time is not allowed.

You really do have to wonder at the intelligence of a government who can publish such rules and not see the glaring gaps in their reasoning.
I give you our Secretary of State for Health. A man who is out of his depth standing in a puddle.

Our mask rules seem to be that employees of any business must wear masks*, but customers do not, though they're "strongly encouraged" to do so.

*barring any documented medical or legal reason as to why the employee can't wear a mask.

We are required to wear masks when out in places like groceries, liquor stores, gas stations, etc.

We are required to wear masks when outside our own homes. Not clear about when you are in a vehicle other than a motorcycle.

In Wales we are still in lockdown and continue to only be able to leave the house for food, medical appointments and exercise. I am working from home, using my She Shed as a home office. It’s working out ok, although I seem to spend more time on Zoom meetings than I ever do discussing things in the office.

I am permanently exhausted, despite not commuting for two hours, and my insomnia is pretty bad.

I have completely changed shopping/cooking habits. It is now one big shop and meals planned. It used to be calling into supermarket on the way home and deciding what to eat each evening. I have only visited a supermarket once since the 15th March, instead using local shops, butcher and greengrocer for most things. I have had a few food boxes delivered from various supermarkets. I have had pizza delivery twice from a local place, more to support them as they have been badly effected by the whole lockdown.
I am trying to grow lots in the garden.

I miss being able to go and wander around a museum and have an hour in a coffee shop with a book. This is the longest I have been without a manicure for over ten years....

Initially I could not concentrate to read, but that is better now and I’m reading a book a week. I have also started doing jigsaws. I’ve rediscovered the joy of writing letters and have been sending regular notes to my friend in Milan, in the hope it cheers her up.

I have a bacon subscription once a month, so that we have bacon butties/cooked breakfast as a treat.
I have not put any weight on, but haven’t lost any either. I am drinking less as no longer going out for drinks/meals. I have not been sucked into online exercise classes.
I miss having fresh flowers in the house so am waiting for the garden to start blooming.

Back
Top Bottom