How is the corona virus affecting you?

I have to say, it's really interesting to me the number of people who order groceries for home delivery. That's so out of my experience!
This week is the first time I ordered TP for home delivery because I couldn't find it in the stores. I have yet to venture into the food arena for home delivery not sure that I will.
Actually, I can honestly say, I have never ordered anything off Amazon either. Sheltering in place may change that.

They have some "deluxe" ones as well, meaning they have a little extra bit under the handle to hold your bags. I didn't get one, I just carry mine on one arm so they stay out of the way.

I do intend to order a liner for it, though, as I've lost some smaller items out of the cart while rolling along. :)

One chain they mentioned here is Menard's (big box DIY store, based in Wisconsin). They doubled the price of bleach and a couple of other items (gloves, maybe?) overnight.

I never shopped much at Menard's anyway, but now I know I won't ever. It may seem petty on my part, but I remember crap like that for a long time.
That was in the early hours of the epidemic and they corrected the mistake immediately. Jury's still out if it was deliberate or not.

I have to say, it's really interesting to me the number of people who order groceries for home delivery. That's so out of my experience!
I started ordering groceries online when I worked full-time. Arthritis, had-it ligaments in my left leg, and not being able to lift anything heavy means I am relieved I never stopped.

You ain't seen nothing yet!

50 Thai village people trouping around the house of an (allegedly) infected person, three times to exorcise the Coronavirus!

We're still in the dark ages over here!

I should really amend that to "Thai/Khmer village people". As we live very close to the border (70 km) there are a high proportion of Khmer people live here.

Yorky my daughter and her family went to Thailand for her summer holidays with a horde of relatives on her husband's side. Of course it was one of the touristy destinations. She was not impressed. My brother had a Thai girlfriend about 40 years ago. They had a child but other than that I haven't a clue except for numerous photos of her and her family. Somewhere presumably still in Thairland is a niece or nephew of mine.

Yorky my daughter and her family went to Thailand for her summer holidays with a horde of relatives on her husband's side. Of course it was one of the touristy destinations. She was not impressed. My brother had a Thai girlfriend about 40 years ago. They had a child but other than that I haven't a clue except for numerous photos of her and her family. Somewhere presumably still in Thairland is a niece or nephew of mine.

I have been to some touristy destinations: Samui (4 days in '95), Phuket (2 day visa runs from Malaysia in the 90s), Pattaya/Jomtien (3 x 2 days), Hua Hin (1 week in 2000) and a few holidays in Koh Chang since. I think Koh Chang is the only one I would go back to.

I have been to some touristy destinations: Samui (4 days in '95), Phuket (2 day visa runs from Malaysia in the 90s), Pattaya/Jomtien (3 x 2 days), Hua Hin (1 week in 2000) and a few holidays in Koh Chang since. I think Koh Chang is the only one I would go back to.
I can't remember the name of the place where they went. My daughter's sister-in-law and her family had all been there before, but out of my daughter's family only my younger granddaughter liked it.

I found out that our local butcher now delivers eggs, cheese and vegetables to people's doors so I ordered some eggs and fresh local vegetables. Glad to have a source of eggs available, I was getting concerned.

Husband and I are still not better, both coughing and sniffing still and it's worse at night. Plus I have muscle cramps again and he's got an upset stomach. Normally flu takes a max of a week to pass for us so this is highly unusual. But we're ok, so many who have ( suspected) Corona are much worse off so we thank our lucky stars.

Not much other news , we're pretty isolated here and because we just moved here we know nobody here, not even our neighbours who never seem to be home right now.

I've been doing it ever since Tesco's started delivering which was in 1996. I wrote about why elsewhere. In a nutshell: I resent paying supermarkets when its me doing all the work and having to load and unload shopping 4 or 5 times. Its a very clever trick - get the customers to do the work. I also hate shopping for boring essentials.

EH Holden 64 is what I want but prices are crazy, even looked at ozzy cars. Audi, you made me laugh. A rich guy I know with no common sense bought an Audi brand new about 20 years ago. He went to get gas, left keys in it, lol. Someone stole it. I thought it was so funny. This guy was so arrogant .

Russ
Just sold my HT Kingswood sedan a couple of months ago. It needs a lot of love & $$ but I think the neighbour who bought it will put in the dollars and time. It was in pretty good shape having always been garaged until my selfish baby brother moved home to my elderly parents and pushed it out into the yard so he could store his crap in the shed.

fun fact. I was made in an 64 EH Kingswood & Dad followed that up in 1974 by buying a second hand Daytona Bronze HT Monaro coupe.

I fell in love with the 03 Audi TT. It’s like a bug & a Porsche has a love child.

I've been doing it ever since Tesco's started delivering which was in 1996. I wrote about why elsewhere. In a nutshell: I resent paying supermarkets when its me doing all the work and having to load and unload shopping 4 or 5 times. Its a very clever trick - get the customers to do the work. I also hate shopping for boring essentials.
I'm the other way around. I love grocery shopping. It's why I (until recently, anyway) made a point to go to the shops every day, or at least every other day. I loved being in the grocery store. I can't even accurately list the number of shops I'd frequent...maybe a dozen, counting the multiple locations of Meijer and Kroger I'd routinely visit.

I was talking with my niece, and they're online ordering everything, always have, and I mentioned if this becomes a long-term thing, I'll become seriously depressed if I can't go in the grocery stores look at everything up close, chat with the workers, all that (I even like scanning up my purchases at the kiosk and bagging them up).

Her remark was that she hoped one result of this whole thing would be that more people shifted to online ordering as much as possible and that retail locations would largely disappear.

During this whole virus episode, that comment made me as sad as anything else I've read. :(

Like a previous poster, I'm also another one who hates ordering from Amazon (or anyone else) and generally do so only around Christmas.

A couple of years ago, our vet switched from housing routine meds (like heartworm and tick preventions) in-house and switched to an online pharmacy. Now I have to go online, order them, and they're mailed to me a few days later.

I hate that. I used to just be able to call them, tell them what I wanted, then pick them up a couple of days later. That seemed, and still seems, easier to me than going to the vet website, logging in, then going to their pharmacy website, logging in, finding my meds, filling everything out, usually getting kicked out once or twice in the process, and finally getting my order in, and then having to wait 10 days for it. I told the vet after they started that that once our Kate is gone, if we get another dog, the way they handle prescriptions would be enough to send us to another vet who doesn't do it that way, or at least gives the option.

Same thing with our own meds, our insurance, and our pharmacy keep pressuring us to get mail delivery of all our meds. You'd think they realize, every time I'm in the drugstore picking up a prescription, I probably spend another $30 on stuff like shoe inserts, OTC stuff, and stuff like that. And we're in there a lot, we have a lot of meds between the two of us.

Hmmm...somewhere, this turned into an online ordering rant. Sorry! Back to the usual. :)

Back
Top Bottom