How is the corona virus affecting you?

Hope you feel better soon MypinchofItaly. My boyfriend was like that on the day after his Janssen shot. It only lasted a day thankfully. Hope yours doesn't last long as well.

Thank you, dear.
I slept a lot today, now I'm recovering energy, tomorrow I should be back on track

I got my 2nd moderna vaccine shot yesterday. No problems.

full.jpg

Florida Governot * (who has his eyes on a run for President in 2024) Ron DeSantis has taken his message to t-shirts and beer koozies -- while Covid infections rise by 106-percent. Just when I think some politicians can't possibly go lower, they go lower.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNSd52BPfIE

* I noticed my typo after I posted, but decided to leave it. :okay:

CD

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely no fan of DeSantis, but he was just on TV a few days ago asking people to please get vaccinated. He's not anti Vax, just anti mask, lockdown, and disagrees with what he basically feels is a hard push/sell by the federal government for people to get vaccinated, as he feels that's pushing people in the opposite direction.

I wear a mask when out, except when actually eating. As South Florida's infection rate has more than doubled recently, with vast majority of cases being people who are entirely unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated, I don't know what is going to happen. There are well over 2000 cases in the 2 counties that include the cities of Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Two major hospital chains have gone back to pandemic visitation rules, 1 visitor only per day for adults, 2 parents if minor child. The local stations have been allowed to interview a few patients who are well enough to talk, though in some cases barely. Those patients are all telling people to get vaccinated, that nothing is worth getting COVID and being sick like that.

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely no fan of DeSantis, but he was just on TV a few days ago asking people to please get vaccinated. He's not anti Vax, just anti mask, lockdown, and disagrees with what he basically feels is a hard push/sell by the federal government for people to get vaccinated, as he feels that's pushing people in the opposite direction.

I wear a mask when out, except when actually eating. As South Florida's infection rate has more than doubled recently, with vast majority of cases being people who are entirely unvaccinated or only partially vaccinated, I don't know what is going to happen. There are well over 2000 cases in the 2 counties that include the cities of Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Two major hospital chains have gone back to pandemic visitation rules, 1 visitor only per day for adults, 2 parents if minor child. The local stations have been allowed to interview a few patients who are well enough to talk, though in some cases barely. Those patients are all telling people to get vaccinated, that nothing is worth getting COVID and being sick like that.

DeSantis, as well as some other Conservative politicians, and even a few FOXnews hosts, have finally gotten on the vaccination bandwagon. A little too late. As of today, I read that Florida has passed Arkansas for the most new cases, most new hospitalizations, and most new deaths.

DeSantis is trying to balance between trashing Dr. Fauci and the big, bad government to please the Trump cult*, without having too many people die on his watch. He is one of a handful of politicians, with Rand Paul leading the charge, who have turned Dr. Fauci into a punching bag to pander to the Trump cult*, and maybe even get an endorsement from his Trumpship.

It just boggles my mind how vaccinations have become a political decision in the US.

* By "Trump cult," I don't mean everyone who voted for Trump. I'm talking about his supporters who are living in a delusion. There are just enough of them that Republican candidates are afraid of them.

CD

It just boggles my mind how vaccinations have become a political decision in the US.

Yeah - at least in the UK the political parties are all pro vaccination. No question about that. They just bicker somewhat about the details of locking down, when to free things up etc.

70% of UK adults have now had both jabs, and the rate of first vaccinations is now tailing off and it looks like it may stall at around 90% eventually. This is very good though, given that the original target and projections were that about 80% of us would go for it, and it is certainly better than many countries are likely to achieve.

We've just been though a big spike in cases in England, though not in Scotland or Wales. Quite clearly this was to do with the moronic behavior around the kickyball championships a couple of weeks ago. The effects of the removal of restrictions last Monday won't start to show up until next week... fingers crossed.

I have been very ill all night long, not only arm sore but every bone in my body ached and I had a terrible headache - still now.
I woken up around 3 am because of pain, trying to drink a bit of water but I fainted as soon as I stand. Hubby rescued me as I was on the floor.
They said I’d have had these symptoms after my second jab. Oh my…

:hug: ouchy.

Yes, sore arm it was the only thing I was expecting, with some light side effects. I also had flu.
The doctor gave me Tachipirina, a non-aspirin pain reliever.. it’s working a bit although I’m still feeling as if a truck ran me over.
And the heat doesn’t help at all

I felt pretty much the same after my first Astra jab, a small price to pay but still horrible.

Back
Top Bottom