How would you like a steak from this steer?

caseydog

Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
8:05 PM
So do the new owners then carry on showing him or is he for the chop?
I have never really been able to find out what happens to show inning cattle. Bulls and cows can reproduce, but the steers are only good for meat. It probably does some kind of show circuit, and then maybe out to pasture. I don't know.

I do know that the winning steer in this story has lived a very pampered life. WAY better than all the other steers live. That steer never spent a minute up to his ankles in mud and feces at a feed lot. He was bathed and groomed daily, and lived indoors in a stall full of fresh straw.

CD

rascal

Veteran
Local time
3:05 PM
I have never really been able to find out what happens to show inning cattle. Bulls and cows can reproduce, but the steers are only good for meat. It probably does some kind of show circuit, and then maybe out to pasture. I don't know.

I do know that the winning steer in this story has lived a very pampered life. WAY better than all the other steers live. That steer never spent a minute up to his ankles in mud and feces at a feed lot. He was bathed and groomed daily, and lived indoors in a stall full of fresh straw.

CD
All our cattle are raised like that. :) :)

Russ

Top Bottom