Is there a Food That You Don't Like, But Think You Should

Polenta - I simply don't get it. Possibly also risotto (sorry @MypinchofItaly)! I may not have had a good version of either.

We watched a cooking programme last night (mkr) they made polenta, why havnt I made this. ? And my wife says my risotto is dam good. Chicken and pumpkin.

Russ

Eggs. I will only eat them cooked certain ways. I like egg foo yung, fried, etc. Looking at a runny yolk, or thinking about biting into the white of a hard boiled egg makes me feel nauseated.

I have no desire to try kale. There are plenty of vegetables I like.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to find some food I don't like, apart from very few particular things like sheep meat.
What don't conquer me are some combos with food or food with too much seasoning. For example I like pizza (oh surprise!) and I like ham and pineapple, but not together on pizza. 'Chicken Parmesan spaghetti', I like spaghetti (oh, another surprise!), I love Parmigiano and chicken as well, but not together (I really can't understand this dish, pasta with chicken on top) or in general pasta with a ton of cream, like Carbonara (not that made well of course) that sometimes is most like beaten eggs with pasta. The large abuse of Evoo (or oil in general) and food that swims into it. And the garlic. I like garlic of course, but not when it's too much, unless I have to fight against vampires

Last edited:
I FINALLY THOUGHT OF ONE!

Squash. Ugh. Hate it. I've made several dishes over the years, telling myself, "you really should like this, it's good for you." But I hate it.

And now another - sweet potatoes. Sweet, savory, fried, baked, I don't care. Ick.

I FINALLY THOUGHT OF ONE!

Squash. Ugh. Hate it. I've made several dishes over the years, telling myself, "you really should like this, it's good for you." But I hate it.

And now another - sweet potatoes. Sweet, savory, fried, baked, I don't care. Ick.

When you say squash are you including both hard (butternut, acorn, pumpkin, etc) and squash like zucchini and yellow?

Bananas, pineapple... hate them. Glace fruits of any kind, candied peel. Don't really like oranges/satumas unless off the tree.

Don't really like macadamia nuts, loath pecans. Walnuts rip the surface of my mouth (same as bananas and pineapple, pears, most apples unless cooked)...

Love sauerkraut. It's on the list of things to start making in the next couple of months. Hubby's given it the green light!

Can't access it:

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 13.38.13.png

I expect I can find a recipe...

I've been a vegetarian for nearly forty years, but I've never got the hang of carrots. I can just about put up with eating raw carrots, but cooked ones? Nah. I can't be doing with sweetcorn, either.

Back
Top Bottom