July 4th 2023 Foods

Voluminous groceries have been delivered.

The potatoes for the potato salad are cooked.
I have to ask why is pre-made potato salad so awful compared with homemade? It’s not even the same ball park, it’s like a different dish!

Next up the kedgeree, Ill leave it a bit undercooked so it improves on a reheat as birthday boy tends to like it hot on his birthday and cold after.

Then I have a little extra surprise for post pig out BBQ (steak, sausages, lamb koftas, bbq flavoured chicken, prawn skewers, wagyu burgers n all the trimmings) of a proper fish pie.

This is something he won’t remember eating because two family members don’t get on with fish pie so I stopped making it years ago and it’s just fallen off restaurant menus.
I’m looking forward to seeing his reaction to that!

Starting with some dip:

IMG_4942.jpeg

You tastied me on the grilling, although I am grilling Irish sausages (something Johnsonville came up with). I won't foil my corn, either. I like some charred bits.

CD
I’ve had several of those Irish sausages - let me know if you think they taste exactly like their bratwurst!

If I don't get stuffed on dinner, I may grill some pineapple slices. The pineapples I bought are amazing! Very sweet.

I also may see if I can find a place to park that is closer to Toyota Stadium. FC Dallas has a Match against DC United tonight, followed by a fireworks show.

CD

Well, I was going to grill (bbq) some corn, but I took the vacuum sealed corn out of the fridge, and the bag had blown up like a balloon. I don't know why this happened. The corn must have created some kind of gas. Both bags were blown up. I tasted a kernel of corn, and it was very acidic. I tossed it.

1688516879440.jpeg

So, it will be sausages with black beans and rice, instead. It's a good thing I'll be sleeping alone, especially now that I don't have a dog to blame it on.

CD

Back
Top Bottom