Recipe Kikili Veg&Cheese Skewers with Aubergine Dip

Timenspace

Guru
Local time
2:58 PM
A simple, delicious quick fix meal or snack, great for warm or hot days, that also looks nice, in case you want to make it a little more special. Playful, variable.

Ingredients:
2 aubergines (will produce about 250-300 g of dip, so you will have for two days at least, depending on how many persons you feed)

* feel free to adjust quantities to suit your wishes/needs

sunflower oil
lemon juice
lemon slices to decorate, or add more acidity to the dip
butter
dry dill
corn ciabatta bun
3 cloves garlic
radish
celery sticks
tomatoes (papeletto or similar for the size)
Brie cheese
Edam cheese
green onion to decorate

Method:
Bake the aubergines in an oven the previous night. 200C for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until you see they are done. Cover with alu foil, let cool. Peel and scoop out the flesh. Add garlic cloves cut in halves, do not worry about cutting them smaller, as you will blend with a mixing wand. Heat some sunflower oil in a pan, slightly fry the aubergines and garlic, 3-4 min, turn, 3-4 min more. You may let cool in the fridge covered and do the mixing tomorrow, or right away. I added a few more spills of oil, mixed until nice and smooth, less than 2 minutes. Add lemon juice from half a lemon bit by bit. Taste. I squeezed the decorative lemon in too, as I liked the more citrusy acid touch to it. Decorate with whatever you like, spices, herbs, I used green onions.

Prepare and slice the fresh radish and tomatoes in halves, celery sticks in edible little pieces, and cube the cheese. Cut the corn ciabatta bun in bite size pieces. If the crust is too hard, trimm it off.

Melt a tablespoon of butter in a pan, toss the bun cubes, season with dry dill, turn. Ready to assemble the skewers.

Layer the veges fresh as you wish, if the tomato is near the bun, I placed the runny side up, so that it faces the next layer of cheese or radish or other.

If you want you can add other dips or sauces to it. You could easily add some meat, or if you want a vegan option, you may extract the cheese and go with mushrooms or tofu, or seitan...

Enjoy!

"Kikili" menas nothing, it is a non-existing word, a game that my daughter and I often invent just for fun.

The first thought I had was that you'll grill the skewers, then I've seen the cheese. Beautiful pictures and the combination of the flavors are pretty good.
Stay healthy

The first thought I had was that you'll grill the skewers, then I've seen the cheese. Beautiful pictures and the combination of the flavors are pretty good.
Stay healthy
Thank you very much! Today I felt like eating as much fresh as I could...but grilling would be a great option, absolutely! Would you change any of the ingredients if you could? I'd be curious to hear.

Back
Top Bottom