Lifestyle changes

No, I didn't because the government stopped giving them to under 65s for an unspecified amount of time due to safety concerns. I posted about it in the corona thread. I am pretty miffed

I am sorry to hear that. I hope there will be a restart soon.Positive thoughts back to you

Doing okay. Very hard day yesterday. I took a sleeping pill to knock myself out due to the pain. I woke up around midnight and took another pill to go back to sleep. I'm going to give my tummy a break for today. A stressful situation arose this morning so my stress load is quite high (which exacerbates pain). I have some calls in to address that problem. I hope to do my exercises today in spite of the pain. I'm a survivor. I will get through this.

How is everybody doing today?

No, I didn't because the government stopped giving them to under 65s for an unspecified amount of time due to safety concerns. I posted about it in the corona thread. I am pretty miffed
I am so sorry to hear this. I saw it in the news that some places were pausing and wondered how many of us were impacted by that. I hope they resume for your area soon as you can get in. Hang in there. This should be over relatively soon. :hug:

A stressful situation arose this morning so my stress load is quite high (which exacerbates pain). I have some calls in to address that problem.
Oh no...hope it is getting fixed or better soon...
An ok day here. Proud to have only had 2 instead of 4 coffees :) ...our school is getting wifi installed all over. Currently we only had wifi around the secretary's office...
Had a nice date with boyfriend. He is in quite some pain/discomfort too. He even did not feel stabile right away (probably blood pressure) to go from a heated room to car to a little walk, so we cruised around in the car, he is an excellent driver, and then after 10 minutes or so he felt ok...it is sooo beautiful outside, we had 12 C today, and some gorgeous sunshine!

I'm back to normal (not that I'm very normal, normally). My back no longer hurts. Now if only I could shift a couple of stone... only one way to do that; stop drinking during the day. This probably sounds easy to almost everyone here as I doubt many of you are habitual day time drinkers. I need a substitute...

Alcohol drinking or?

Well yes! If I was drinking anything else I wouldn't be so worried. I drink a lot. The amount I drink would astonish most folk. Unfortunately I'm what is known as a high functioning alcoholic. This means I can continue to undertake complex tasks and do not appear drunk despite the amount I consume. The one thing of course I wouldn't do is drive if I've drunk any alcohol. Maybe that is the solution - go for a long drive every day!

Oh no...hope it is getting fixed or better soon...
An ok day here. Proud to have only had 2 instead of 4 coffees :) ...our school is getting wifi installed all over. Currently we only had wifi around the secretary's office...
Had a nice date with boyfriend. He is in quite some pain/discomfort too. He even did not feel stabile right away (probably blood pressure) to go from a heated room to car to a little walk, so we cruised around in the car, he is an excellent driver, and then after 10 minutes or so he felt ok...it is sooo beautiful outside, we had 12 C today, and some gorgeous sunshine!
Thanks. Still working on finding a resolution but it'll be okay.

Sounds like you had a nice outing with your guy. That's wonderful.

I'm back to normal (not that I'm very normal, normally). My back no longer hurts. Now if only I could shift a couple of stone... only one way to do that; stop drinking during the day. This probably sounds easy to almost everyone here as I doubt many of you are habitual day time drinkers. I need a substitute...

I'm happy that your back pain is gone. Yeah!

Well yes! If I was drinking anything else I wouldn't be so worried. I drink a lot. The amount I drink would astonish most folk. Unfortunately I'm what is known as a high functioning alcoholic. This means I can continue to undertake complex tasks and do not appear drunk despite the amount I consume. The one thing of course I wouldn't do is drive if I've drunk any alcohol. Maybe that is the solution - go for a long drive every day!

What do you think would help? Is there anything I can do to help support you through this?

Doing okay today. I didn't sleep through the night but I'm okay. It rained last night so my hips and leg pain woke me up. This time of year is always brutal on my allergies but it will get better as we get closer to Summer. I didn't eat much but got my exercises in. They are starting to become a habit. I'm thinking of getting some hand weights. Does anybody have any they like or would recommend?

I'm so sorry...I hope you can find a solution. Did you start with the lockdown or before?

Not really, I have an eating disorder and that's not something that goes away. You just learn to live with it, and mostly not give in to it. I imagine quitting alcohol would be very much the same, though probably even more dangerous due to dependence. If you want to stop I think it's wise to have some medical support to make sure you don't drop below safe levels too soon.

Doing okay. Very hard day yesterday. I took a sleeping pill to knock myself out due to the pain. I woke up around midnight and took another pill to go back to sleep. I'm going to give my tummy a break for today. A stressful situation arose this morning so my stress load is quite high (which exacerbates pain). I have some calls in to address that problem. I hope to do my exercises today in spite of the pain. I'm a survivor. I will get through this.

Sorry about that dear, I'll soon send you a PM.

For now sending some hugs :hug:

My hormones are out of whack due to the new anti conception (is normal when you switch after being on one type for a long time). So I've been a little bit of an emotional wreck, feeling high one minute and down the next. It will pass.
I also sprained my ankle yesterday because I tripped over a loose tile, very embarassing because everyone was staring at me (and nobody offered to help me get up so I had to scramble myself together).
But despite that, I walked 5% more than my goal today because I was not out of breath! Yay.

So I am tired, emotional, and in a little pain so I apologise for being slow replying to everyone. It's just a little too much for me at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom