Lifestyle changes

Is it lactose intolerance? Can you eat yoghurt, for example.
No, because if it was lactose intolerance the other milks would not be an option as they also contain lactose.
But it's specifically cows milk that causes problems. After not eating it for a few days I tried some cow's milk ice cream and had an asthma attack, so that was a pretty clear trigger.

Yoghurt causes the same problems as long as it's made from cows milk, I used to eat yoghurt every day.

No, because if it was lactose intolerance the other milks would not be an option as they also contain lactose.
But it's specifically cows milk that causes problems. After not eating it for a few days I tried some cow's milk ice cream and had an asthma attack, so that was a pretty clear trigger.

Yoghurt causes the same problems as long as it's made from cows milk, I used to eat yoghurt every day.

Its really good news that you've found the trigger. Milk is easy to substitute in recipes. I use (unsweetened) almond milk quite a lot. It works fine in a mornay sauce for example. Now I'm wondering does the intolerance extend to cheese made from cow's milk?

So I found out almost two weeks ago that I am likely allergic to cow's milk. It's been incredible!
I can now go out and excercise without being out of breath, so I reach my target every day!

Woohoo 😊 the general medical stance is that only medication can truly improve Asthma, but this has made clear that for me at least not consuming cows milk makes a big difference.

And other milks ( goat, buffalo,sheep) don't have the same effect on me so they can work as substitutes.
I'm happy for you. I think I posted about this before but I have brain fog so I don't know. LOL

I stopped drinking milk about 20 years ago. I found out because I did an elimination diet and it's made all the difference.

I am so thrilled that you are listening to your body and doing what's right for you. Yeah!!!

Doing good. Had a small dinner. Our temps dropped a bit in the past couple of days so the arthritis pain is back. I couldn't manage as many sit-ups though. I'll get it back on track as it warms up. There are other exercises I can do in the meantime.

A couple weeks ago I downloaded a call block app and blocked my family members. It was really hard at first (because I try not to be mean) but I'm doing SO MUCH BETTER not worrying about what nonsense they will unleash. I have finally reached ACCEPTANCE they are never going to stop trying to hurt me. And, I deserve better than that!

How is everybody doing?

Its really good news that you've found the trigger. Milk is easy to substitute in recipes. I use (unsweetened) almond milk quite a lot. It works fine in a mornay sauce for example. Now I'm wondering does the intolerance extend to cheese made from cow's milk?
Yes, it's causing a problem with anything made of cows milk. Even butter.

But theres plenty of hard and soft goats cheese to choose from, and there's goat butter and yoghurt here too.

I switched to vegan yoghurts for my brekkie, and they're a great alternative. I love coconut yoghurt. And indeed, soy and almond milk are also great as a milk replacement.

Doing good. Had a small dinner. Our temps dropped a bit in the past couple of days so the arthritis pain is back. I couldn't manage as many sit-ups though. I'll get it back on track as it warms up. There are other exercises I can do in the meantime.

A couple weeks ago I downloaded a call block app and blocked my family members. It was really hard at first (because I try not to be mean) but I'm doing SO MUCH BETTER not worrying about what nonsense they will unleash. I have finally reached ACCEPTANCE they are never going to stop trying to hurt me. And, I deserve better than that!

How is everybody doing?
I am sorry to hear that, I know the feeling. I tried reaching out to my uncle recently, and he would only talk to me if I would make up with my (abusive) father. So he said, and I went through the same feelings as you. It sucks.
But the blood of the covenant is stronger than the water of the womb (if you have friends, they are a chosen family and they bring love a family sometimes lacks).

Doing okay. I ate a small dinner and did some exercises I could manage with the pain. My allergies are going haywire. I woke up during the night but was able to go back to sleep after a couple hours. I've been focusing on staying positive in spite of it all.

How is everybody doing?

Doing okay. I ate a small dinner and did some exercises I could manage with the pain. My allergies are going haywire. I woke up during the night but was able to go back to sleep after a couple hours. I've been focusing on staying positive in spite of it all.

How is everybody doing?
It's sad that you have to struggle with your health, mjd. Hope you get better soon! I'm fine - just still busy with my studies.

It's sad that you have to struggle with your health, mjd. Hope you get better soon! I'm fine - just still busy with my studies.
Thank you, dear. Glad to hear you're fine. Can't wait until you come back and tell us all about your school adventures!

Doing okay. I did a few exercises and had dinner. Our temps are still cool so it was another restless night. I have an electric blanket on the bed and an electric throw on my recliner chair. The warmth helps.

I've started working on a recipe book to organize all the stuff I have saved over the years. I don't have any of my hard copy books so I'm trying to rebuild it from various sites where I've saved recipes. I miss cooking for my kids. I think they will like having all their favorite recipes in one place.

How is everybody doing today?

Doing okay. I got some of my exercises done. I ordered a gyro and salad from a local place. Had about a 1/3 of it. I fell overnight but I'm okay. I don't always remember to use my cane or walker when going to the bathroom overnight. Fortunately, I didn't hit anything on the way down so I'm not bruised anywhere.

when-you-fall-i-will-be-the.jpg

How is everybody doing? I think about you all the time and am cheering you on from Chicago!

Doing okay. I got some of my exercises done. I ordered a gyro and salad from a local place. Had about a 1/3 of it. I fell overnight but I'm okay. I don't always remember to use my cane or walker when going to the bathroom overnight. Fortunately, I didn't hit anything on the way down so I'm not bruised anywhere.

View attachment 61466

How is everybody doing? I think about you all the time and am cheering you on from Chicago!
I'm glad you're ok. Use that cane! :eek:

Reactions: mjd

View attachment 61466

Take care...💙

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom