Lifestyle changes

Doing okay. Had another hard night but I survived. Did my exercises. I've had to change them up a bit so I'm not TKO for the rest of the day. The arthritis pain will subside as our weather warms up. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow. Yikes! All said and done, I'm staying the course.

How are you doing today? Do you know how much you mean to me? I care about all my friends here at CB. You all are the best! :hug:
💙We care about you too!

Doing okay. I skipped dinner but did my exercises. I have proteins drinks for when my tummy isn't happy. I've been listening to guided meditations to help calm the PTSD. I find music to be very soothing.

How are you all doing today?

Doing okay. I skipped dinner but did my exercises. I have proteins drinks for when my tummy isn't happy. I've been listening to guided meditations to help calm the PTSD. I find music to be very soothing.

Glad this is helping you, meditation soothes the mind!

I've seen my psychologist . She explained to me that I have depression because I quit using medical opiods , which I was on for the previous 4 years due to the severity of my physical illness.
The opiods helped to repress the trauma from being hospitalised, vulnerable and very ill. Now I am off them, and suddenly depressed and gaining weight. I am using food as an emotional crutch, where my meds were my crutch before ( I just didn't know it). I never took more of my meds than prescribed, but because the dose was so high they were acting like an anti depressant.

So now, she's going to help me get through my trauma and deal with my feelings in a healthy manner without crutches. It will be challenging, but I want to go for it!

PTSD? Where have you been in your life mjd ?

Reactions: mjd
Glad this is helping you, meditation soothes the mind!

I've seen my psychologist . She explained to me that I have depression because I quit using medical opiods , which I was on for the previous 4 years due to the severity of my physical illness.
The opiods helped to repress the trauma from being hospitalised, vulnerable and very ill. Now I am off them, and suddenly depressed and gaining weight. I am using food as an emotional crutch, where my meds were my crutch before ( I just didn't know it). I never took more of my meds than prescribed, but because the dose was so high they were acting like an anti depressant.

So now, she's going to help me get through my trauma and deal with my feelings in a healthy manner without crutches. It will be challenging, but I want to go for it!
Thanks.

That is great news. I'm so happy you found someone compatible and helpful. Good job!

I keep worrying that you must be losing loads of weight. You are often fasting or skipping meals. Can I ask if you are underweight? Just concerned...

Reactions: mjd
I keep worrying that you must be losing loads of weight. You are often fasting or skipping meals. Can I ask if you are underweight? Just concerned...
No, I'm not underweight. I lost about 10 lbs. when I first started fasting so I still have about 30 lbs. to go to my goal. I usually have a protein drink when I've skipped a meal. However, I have always only eaten one meal a day so my body is calibrated for that.

Promise that I'm okay. I will post if anything goes off the rails. ;-)

No, I'm not underweight. I lost about 10 lbs. when I first started fasting so I still have about 30 lbs. to go to my goal. I usually have a protein drink when I've skipped a meal. However, I have always only eaten one meal a day so my body is calibrated for that.

Promise that I'm okay. I will post if anything goes off the rails. ;-)

Pleased to know that.

Doing good. I slept through the night and no nightmares! Woo Hoo! I ordered Chinese food and ate some of it yesterday. It was so good. Did my exercises as much as I could stand with the pain. I'm going to keep plugging along doing what I can. Slow and steady wins the race.

How is everybody doing?

If you can get out and get some sunshine, take the time to get some.

If you can get out and get some sunshine, take the time to get some.
I would love to do it but my care giver hates walking and I'm a fall risk. My Life Alert button only works within about 20 feet from the base. I'll keep working on her to go with me. I was kind of surprised because she always talks about wanting to lose weight but she doesn't do anything about it. I proposed that walking was an easy way to burn calories but she complained for almost an hour the one time I forced her to go. I even suggested that she could drive alongside me in her vehicle while I walk. No go. ;-)

I would love to do it but my care giver hates walking and I'm a fall risk. My Life Alert button only works within about 20 feet from the base. I'll keep working on her to go with me. I was kind of surprised because she always talks about wanting to lose weight but she doesn't do anything about it. I proposed that walking was an easy way to burn calories but she complained for almost an hour the one time I forced her to go. I even suggested that she could drive alongside me in her vehicle while I walk. No go. ;-)
You can't get another caregiver? Tbh this sounds like medical neglect to me, because walking is very healthy and you need it..

Back
Top Bottom