Lifestyle changes

Doing okay. I was up and down all day and night yesterday. I feel better now. I'm just going to rest for today. I got some Won Ton soup (my favorite) and a salad that I will have for lunch and dinner.

How is everybody doing today?

Have you a wheel chair or better, a scooter? If you have a fear of falling, the scooter thing is a good idea. It will give you mobility to get out in the sun and your care giver won't have to push you in a wheel chair or constantly brace you in a walker.

Scooters can run as low as about $650 USD or as high as $5000+. But you might check with your health insurance company and see if they will cover it.

Google 'elderly scooters' or 'mobility scooters'.

I figure that one fine day, I will have to get one of these, but for now, I'm ok without.

Have you a wheel chair or better, a scooter? If you have a fear of falling, the scooter thing is a good idea. It will give you mobility to get out in the sun and your care giver won't have to push you in a wheel chair or constantly brace you in a walker.

Scooters can run as low as about $650 USD or as high as $5000+. But you might check with your health insurance company and see if they will cover it.

Google 'elderly scooters' or 'mobility scooters'.

I figure that one fine day, I will have to get one of these, but for now, I'm ok without.
I have a walker and a wheelchair. The problem is the wheelchair can't fit through the doorway at the turn. I didn't fall last night. I just woke up about 8 times because of pain. I usually just sit up and play games on the computer until I can get back to sleep. As a result, I don't get much restorative sleep which just exacerbates the pain. In the past, I could take a hot shower for relief but I won't take one without my caregiver here because I've fallen a few times in there. I have grab bars and an emergency cord which is how the paramedics were able to help during those times.

I will look into the scooters and see what options I have with my insurance. Thanks. A few of my neighbors have them. One of them rides hers to the liquor store and won't use the sidewalks so drivers have to move around her. She flips them off. LOL

Doing okay. I didn't sleep well though. I'm going to have to figure out some better sleep positions. LOL I think I might fast today because of pain and nausea. I still have some Won Ton soup. Maybe I'll just have the broth from that. I think I'm going to lie down for a bit and hope it goes away.

I managed to finally reach 4000 steps yesterday AND today, so I think my average for the coming month is going to be between 4000- and 5000 steps instead of between 2500 and 3500 steps. Walking is getting easier by the day. I also manage do to small aerobics sessions every other day. My goal for now is to reach 10.000 steps and an hour of aerobics every other day. When I reach that goal, I'll work on upping my Aerobics to daily and move from there.

As for the diet, that's also going well. I do feel hungry at times, but it has not caused any triggers! Just discomfort, but I know why I am doing this 😊 I was more ready to change than I thought I was.

I managed to finally reach 4000 steps yesterday AND today, so I think my average for the coming month is going to be between 4000- and 5000 steps instead of between 2500 and 3500 steps.
Congrats!

My problem with steps is except when I'm specifically going on a walk or to the shops, I don't carry my phone.

I suppose if I had a serious need to know my steps, I'd get something wearable, but I'm not there yet. Sometimes, I'll check my phone at the end of the day, and it'll show 248 steps for the whole day, yet I know I've been up and about all day long, I just never left the house!

Congrats!

My problem with steps is except when I'm specifically going on a walk or to the shops, I don't carry my phone.

I suppose if I had a serious need to know my steps, I'd get something wearable, but I'm not there yet. Sometimes, I'll check my phone at the end of the day, and it'll show 248 steps for the whole day, yet I know I've been up and about all day long, I just never left the house!
I have a wearable for it to be accurate too, because I don't carry my phone everywhere.

I managed to finally reach 4000 steps yesterday AND today, so I think my average for the coming month is going to be between 4000- and 5000 steps instead of between 2500 and 3500 steps. Walking is getting easier by the day. I also manage do to small aerobics sessions every other day. My goal for now is to reach 10.000 steps and an hour of aerobics every other day. When I reach that goal, I'll work on upping my Aerobics to daily and move from there.

As for the diet, that's also going well. I do feel hungry at times, but it has not caused any triggers! Just discomfort, but I know why I am doing this 😊 I was more ready to change than I thought I was.
That's awesome. I'm glad you found a regimen that works for you. Do you use an app to count your steps? How do you keep track of that?

Made it to 5276 steps today! That 10.000 steps by the end of the year are starting to sound realistic 😍

Pics from my walk.

Doing okay. I fell again last night. I hit my head on the dresser so I have a headache. I just don't remember to grab my cane when I get up to use the bathroom. I'll be okay. I've had worse falls. I ate a little for dinner and exercised. I downloaded a pedometer app. I rarely go anywhere anymore so it'll take me forever to rack up steps. I'll get there though. I'm not a quitter. ;-)

Doing okay. I fell again last night. I hit my head on the dresser so I have a headache. I just don't remember to grab my cane when I get up to use the bathroom. I'll be okay. I've had worse falls. I ate a little for dinner and exercised. I downloaded a pedometer app. I rarely go anywhere anymore so it'll take me forever to rack up steps. I'll get there though. I'm not a quitter. ;-)

Am sorry to hear this, are you monitored for those falls? * hugs *

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom