Lifestyle changes

Doing good. I slept through the night and no nightmares! Woo Hoo! I ordered Chinese food and ate some of it yesterday. It was so good. Did my exercises as much as I could stand with the pain. I'm going to keep plugging along doing what I can. Slow and steady wins the race.

How is everybody doing?
You're a trooper you, be proud of yourself!

You're amazeballs and have achieved so much!

I signed up to weight watchers. My psychologist says I am ready for the next step, losing weight in a loving and kind manner for myself. She will help me along the way, and I really want it.

Secretly, my true dream has been to become an aerobics teacher for years. Before I got so ill in 2015, I walked at least 30 miles a week for my job, and I did aerobics in my spare time. I miss being strong and active, and aerobics are something I can pick up again if I lose some weight. It's excercise I can do with my frontal hernia too, and if I lose weight I can fix that too.

Watch this space, I am going for it. I've survived so many negative odds, I surely can face one more!

You can't get another caregiver? Tbh this sounds like medical neglect to me, because walking is very healthy and you need it..
I wouldn't trade her for the world (except to have my kiddies back). She's very thoughtful. She checks on me on the weekends, run all my errands, takes me to appointments. We live in a small town so we don't have the variety of restaurants that exist in my population dense areas. She will always offer to pick me up something she knows I like if she knows she has to travel outside our town. She also had an abusive father so she understands my PTSD. I credit her for helping me stay the course in keeping a wide berth around the monsters (what she and another friend call my parents).

I had another care giver prior to this one and she was very abusive. She was loud and inconsiderate. She also stole from me. I endured her for over a year and finally couldn't take it when she got flippant with me for the millionth time. I'm generally a very forgiving person and believe that most things can be worked through if both parties are willing to hear the other. It was impossible to get through to this woman no matter how many times I repeated myself. I am not prone to headaches but I would often have a migraine by the time she left. I also had a couple of temps who were lazy and non-personable.

So, ounce for ounce, I can accept that my current one she doesn't like to walk because she more than makes up for it with her kind and generous and understanding heart. I could potentially nag her to death about it and she would go. I would just feel bad because I know she hates it. She has been talking to some guys on a dating site so I might be able to coax her by reminding her that she said she wanted to lose weight for her next man. Ha Ha. [I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anti-relationship that I can't even fathom the idea of going on a date. NOPE. NOT MJ].

I signed up to weight watchers. My psychologist says I am ready for the next step, losing weight in a loving and kind manner for myself. She will help me along the way, and I really want it.

Secretly, my true dream has been to become an aerobics teacher for years. Before I got so ill in 2015, I walked at least 30 miles a week for my job, and I did aerobics in my spare time. I miss being strong and active, and aerobics are something I can pick up again if I lose some weight. It's excercise I can do with my frontal hernia too, and if I lose weight I can fix that too.

Watch this space, I am going for it. I've survived so many negative odds, I surely can face one more!
Are you TRYING to make me cry over here?!?!?!?!? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. What a wonderful step!

Girl, you got this!!!!

MJ's doing a happy dance for you!

I wouldn't trade her for the world (except to have my kiddies back). She's very thoughtful. She checks on me on the weekends, run all my errands, takes me to appointments. We live in a small town so we don't have the variety of restaurants that exist in my population dense areas. She will always offer to pick me up something she knows I like if she knows she has to travel outside our town. She also had an abusive father so she understands my PTSD. I credit her for helping me stay the course in keeping a wide berth around the monsters (what she and another friend call my parents).
Ok yes I understand that is important.
I had another care giver prior to this one and she was very abusive. She was loud and inconsiderate. She also stole from me. I endured her for over a year and finally couldn't take it when she got flippant with me for the millionth time. I'm generally a very forgiving person and believe that most things can be worked through if both parties are willing to hear the other. It was impossible to get through to this woman no matter how many times I repeated myself. I am not prone to headaches but I would often have a migraine by the time she left. I also had a couple of temps who were lazy and non-personable.
That's awful, I am very sorry that happened to you. Were you able to file a complaint against her? That is really wrong, what she did.

So, ounce for ounce, I can accept that my current one she doesn't like to walk because she more than makes up for it with her kind and generous and understanding heart. I could potentially nag her to death about it and she would go. I would just feel bad because I know she hates it. She has been talking to some guys on a dating site so I might be able to coax her by reminding her that she said she wanted to lose weight for her next man. Ha Ha. [I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo anti-relationship that I can't even fathom the idea of going on a date. NOPE. NOT MJ].
Alright, that's crucial! That is indeed way more important than the walks, a caregiver you can trust is worth gold. I have an idea, maybe there is a buddy system for people with disabilities in your area? Maybe there's someone on such a network that you can take a walk with.

Are you TRYING to make me cry over here?!?!?!?!? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. What a wonderful step!

Girl, you got this!!!!

MJ's doing a happy dance for you!
Yeah I think I can too. I've always done things when nobody believed in me, somehow that's always motivated me beyond anything.
My husband says I've changed in the last week, he says I have my spark back and he's totally exited with me 💖

Yeah I think I can too. I've always done things when nobody believed in me, somehow that's always motivated me beyond anything.
My husband says I've changed in the last week, he says I have my spark back and he's totally exited with me 💖
That philosophy has kept me going through hell. I didn't survive all that to give up now. I'm happy you are doing this for you.

Oh, that is wonderful sweetheart. That was nice of your guy to say. I have noticed a positive change in you also.

Ok yes I understand that is important.

That's awful, I am very sorry that happened to you. Were you able to file a complaint against her? That is really wrong, what she did
Alright, that's crucial! That is indeed way more important than the walks, a caregiver you can trust is worth gold. I have an idea, maybe there is a buddy system for people with disabilities in your area? Maybe there's someone on such a network that you can take a walk with.

No, I didn't file a formal complaint. I had already spoken to the general manager about some things but did it more as a "can you help me figure out how to get through to this person?" conversation. She was constantly being fired from other clients so my schedule (with her) was always changing. I'm more flexible with scheduling but it was all over the place. Needless to say, I don't miss her. ;-)

I live in a very small town (9K) and we don't have public transportation. We have a cab service but it's $7 per leg so that's already $28 to go to the grocery store and the pharmacy. I don't qualify for the senior bus service because I'm not old enough (I honestly think they should take into account how I FEEL - I FEEL like a 90 year old! LOL).

Your suggestion gave me an idea. I'm going to call the hospital and see if they have something. They might already have a group of walkers. I know they have a gym in there. I could easily get there because it's across the street. Thanks again for the idea!

Doing okay. I woke up around 2A and couldn't get back to sleep. I had dinner and it stayed down. Small, but welcome victory. Did my exercises. I drank some grapefruit juice (my favorite). It really packed a punch since I've only been drinking water for these several weeks.

How are you doing today?
Ahh shucks waking up that early, I was up at 05.00 too due to the cat being a total drama queen about food :scratchhead:

But I completed a walk that cost me 40 mins two months ago in 20 mins today, AND I had a short aerobics session on top. Feels great!

No, I didn't file a formal complaint. I had already spoken to the general manager about some things but did it more as a "can you help me figure out how to get through to this person?" conversation. She was constantly being fired from other clients so my schedule (with her) was always changing. I'm more flexible with scheduling but it was all over the place. Needless to say, I don't miss her. ;-)

I live in a very small town (9K) and we don't have public transportation. We have a cab service but it's $7 per leg so that's already $28 to go to the grocery store and the pharmacy. I don't qualify for the senior bus service because I'm not old enough (I honestly think they should take into account how I FEEL - I FEEL like a 90 year old! LOL).

Your suggestion gave me an idea. I'm going to call the hospital and see if they have something. They might already have a group of walkers. I know they have a gym in there. I could easily get there because it's across the street. Thanks again for the idea!
Yeah I know the feeling about those senior busses, they should be available for people who have genuine (invisible) disabilities too in rural areas. Not everyone can rely on a support network.

I hope you can find a support group, that would be wonderful! Keep us posted 💖

Reactions: mjd
Doing okay. I had a small dinner and drank plenty of water. Did some exercises. I had to rest after the first set so I didn't push too hard during the subsequent sets. Lately, I've been craving chocolate. I've always liked chocolate but now I crave it. I bought a candy bar and my protein shakes are milk chocolate. I drink those when I can't hold food down. I'm already in menopause so I don't know where this craving is coming from.

How are you doing today?

Done well exercise wise, found out that I can finally keep up with my husband again at his regular walking speed.

I went with the Green WW plan, which allows the most flexibility (and the least zero point foods) . I know by now it's not realistic for me to expect myself to not eat candy or never go out for dinner, so I chose this plan because it's similar to old fashioned WW. That means you can eat anything, but WW makes sure you keep it in moderation. And I need the clear rules it gives, once my budget is gone I am not eating more things. Very workable and through it's structure so far my cravings are managable. Been on it since wednesday and had my first weigh in today, I lost 0.400 grams. Not that much, but certainly more than expected after only 3 days!

And today I had a delicious pizza for dinner. Cost me some weeklies, but I still have enough for tomorrows sushi. After that, I'll have to reign it in a little but I see a bright future 😊
How myWW+ Green works

Done well exercise wise, found out that I can finally keep up with my husband again at his regular walking speed.

I went with the Green WW plan, which allows the most flexibility (and the least zero point foods) . I know by now it's not realistic for me to expect myself to not eat candy or never go out for dinner, so I chose this plan because it's similar to old fashioned WW. That means you can eat anything, but WW makes sure you keep it in moderation. And I need the clear rules it gives, once my budget is gone I am not eating more things. Very workable and through it's structure so far my cravings are managable. Been on it since wednesday and had my first weigh in today, I lost 0.400 grams. Not that much, but certainly more than expected after only 3 days!

And today I had a delicious pizza for dinner. Cost me some weeklies, but I still have enough for tomorrows sushi. After that, I'll have to reign it in a little but I see a bright future 😊
How myWW+ Green works
I'm so glad you found something that works for you and it's going well.

Great job!

Doing okay. I was up and down all day and night yesterday. I feel better now. I'm just going to rest for today. I got some Won Ton soup (my favorite) and a salad that I will have for lunch and dinner.

How is everybody doing today?

Back
Top Bottom