Lifestyle changes

TastyReuben ...did I miss a pic with your new haircut? How did it go?
Is the hairstylist doing ok?

Old me:

New me:

Not much difference. I was willing to go shorter, but I trust her judgment, and that's where we landed. She did offer to give me a mullet (for real), but I was like:

She's doing great, BTW. She's using the wildly reduced rental space rates to open her own salon in a couple of months. She's a peach!

Reactions: mjd
Thank you for the gentle hugs!

Yes, walking definitely counts. I'm trying to make it to Windigo's numbers but you both have got me beat!

Have you smoked a long time? I've heard that it's harder to quit when you start early.

What kind of cake did you make?

Ah yes I know about Windigo walks too, she is doing very well! :highfive:

I started smoking when I was about 20 years old, you know how it is... friends, parties, concerts, craziness, feeling a bit cool with a cigarette between my fingers, it was more to make a statement than anything else. I went on like that for about 10 years, quitting and picking it up again and again, but never overdoing it. As I said, I've never been much of a smoker, although ten years as a 'never been much of a smoker' perhaps makes up for it somewhat. Around 30 I said no more. Boy was I determined, nothing and nobody was going to change my mind. The 2 most determined cigarette-free days of my life, :laugh:

No, actually I quit smoking for another 10 years, then I got into my 40s and a stressful job, so I started again. Then I quit. Then I started again.

Ah yes I know about Windigo walks too, she is doing very well! :highfive:

I started smoking when I was about 20 years old, you know how it is... friends, parties, concerts, craziness, feeling a bit cool with a cigarette between my fingers, it was more to make a statement than anything else. I went on like that for about 10 years, quitting and picking it up again and again, but never overdoing it. As I said, I've never been much of a smoker, although ten years as a 'never been much of a smoker' perhaps makes up for it somewhat. Around 30 I said no more. Boy was I determined, nothing and nobody was going to change my mind. The 2 most determined cigarette-free days of my life, :laugh:

No, actually I quit smoking for another 10 years, then I got into my 40s and a stressful job, so I started again. Then I quit. Then I started again.
I've heard similar things from other smokers I know. I used to be that way about chocolate. It's gotten better since menopause. However, truth be told, I think I would be able to easily give up cigarettes when they started costing $10/pack. :eek:

I've heard similar things from other smokers I know. I used to be that way about chocolate. It's gotten better since menopause. However, truth be told, I think I would be able to easily give up cigarettes when they started costing $10/pack. :eek:

Yes, me too, I have no intention of spending a lot of money on cigarettes. I've had the packet in my bag for a fortnight now...
Well, I have a problem with both cigarettes and chocolate. I'm doomed!

Not judging anyone who smokes, I am a food addict. However I quit smoking 10 years ago, that was cold turkey. I smoked very much for about 5 years, but quit as fast as I started. I do regret even those 5 years considering my general health now.

Hope we will all find the power to make better choices :hug:

Yes, me too, I have no intention of spending a lot of money on cigarettes. I've had the packet in my bag for a fortnight now...
Well, I have a problem with both cigarettes and chocolate. I'm doomed!
When I was in...10th grade (15yo), we got a teacher-in-training assigned to our class, to shadow our regular teacher (common practice).

She was probably 22yo, and fairly attractive in a rough sort of way, and all us boys had a serious crush on her, partly because she smoked and had a potty mouth (when the regular teacher wasn't around).

One day, she was leading the class, and I don't remember how it came up, but she offered up the line, "I have three vices... French fries, fast cars, and fu..."

All us boys, our faces went from :meh: to :eek:, hanging on that last word.

"...dge, especially chocolate. What'd you think I was about to say?"

If we were smitten before, we were absolutely converted after that! :laugh:

• Lol or Haha
Reactions: mjd
Doing okay. Had a hard time getting to sleep but the meds finally kicked in around 3A. I slept about 4 hours. It rained last night so I had to do a nebulizer treatment.

As part of my "purge what I don't want" goal, I've been going through emails and deleting stuff. I've already deleted over 30,000 emails. Don't ask me why I saved them. I have no clue. Probably thought I'd go back and read them (most e-news about various topics of interest - not enough interest I suppose since I never got around to reading them. lol). Decluttering feels good!

How is everybody doing today?

Doing okay. Had a hard time getting to sleep but the meds finally kicked in around 3A. I slept about 4 hours. It rained last night so I had to do a nebulizer treatment.

As part of my "purge what I don't want" goal, I've been going through emails and deleting stuff. I've already deleted over 30,000 emails. Don't ask me why I saved them. I have no clue. Probably thought I'd go back and read them (most e-news about various topics of interest - not enough interest I suppose since I never got around to reading them. lol). Decluttering feels good!

How is everybody doing today?
I get the feeling! I recently deleted my old e-mail with stuff from my abusive parents, printed what I might need as evidence sometime but it was the only place they could still reach me at. Feels so liberating to not get abusive e-mails anymore!

My stepson is OK at his grandma, my MIL seems to have a purpose in life now he's there and that does seem to do her good. My brother in law has apologised to my husband (yeah, it's amazing) after realising that this OCD thing was legit and more difficult than he expected. He now understands why my stepson can't live with us.. At least that will stop him from threatening us.

Healthwise, I am OK . Walking every day, sticking to my diet. Seeing my psychologist again tomorrow, wonder what she will think of me going on a diet! She got me here after all.

Back
Top Bottom