Lifestyle changes

I get the feeling! I recently deleted my old e-mail with stuff from my abusive parents, printed what I might need as evidence sometime but it was the only place they could still reach me at. Feels so liberating to not get abusive e-mails anymore!

My stepson is OK at his grandma, my MIL seems to have a purpose in life now he's there and that does seem to do her good. My brother in law has apologised to my husband (yeah, it's amazing) after realising that this OCD thing was legit and more difficult than he expected. He now understands why my stepson can't live with us.. At least that will stop him from threatening us.

Healthwise, I am OK . Walking every day, sticking to my diet. Seeing my psychologist again tomorrow, wonder what she will think of me going on a diet! She got me here after all.
I am so glad you did that for yourself. I had all that kind of stuff in subfolders so I wasn't exposed to it all the time. I have never cleaned out my archives in 10+ years. Now, I have about 115,000 messages. I'd sign up for various newsletters and just never got around to reading most of them. It is very liberating!

I am happy to hear your stepson is doing okay at his grandma's place. It sounds like they both are good for one another. I think it's great your BIL apologized to your H and the threats are done. What a wonderful after-effect!

I am so proud of you for sticking to your goals even amidst all the chaos happening around you. Great job!

Doing okay. It's still really humid here (will be all week) so my asthma is in full mode. Had trouble sleeping but I got a few hours in. Just taking it little by little.

How is everybody doing today?

Guess what? In fact, it's not your fault. Check this out: The science of chocolate | Why do people like chocolate?

I no longer work, but when I did, I ALWAYS was the one to bring in fresh fruit or a veggie tray because we always had MOUNTAINS of sweets. ;-)

I'm getting better now that I've had menopause but before that? Wow. My husband would put little baskets of Midol and chocolate all around the house. LOL

Interesting! Particularly when they speak about a chemical substance similar to one that is within Cannabis :giggle:

Interesting! Particularly when they speak about a chemical substance similar to one that is within Cannabis :giggle:
I think so too. Cannabis became legal in my state in January 2020. Stores popped up all over the place.

The downside is my body is weird in some way. I have no effects from alcohol, cigarettes, cannabis or extended-release medications. I also don't respond to medications the way it impacts others. For example, I take an anti-nausea medication. One of the main side-effects is drowsiness. Like Benadryl, it doesn't cause me drowsiness.

This is why I think people should listen to their own bodies and do what's best for them even if it's not considered a "mainstream" approach.

Doing okay. It's still really humid so my legs don't want any part of me moving. ;-) I added Tylenol to my medicine minder so I'm taking it every six hours instead of when the pain becomes unbearable.

Still working on my email clean-up. Luckily, since I was an email packrat, I've found some of the recipes that were lost forever in the house. ;-)

Doing okay. It's still really humid so my legs don't want any part of me moving. ;-) I added Tylenol to my medicine minder so I'm taking it every six hours instead of when the pain becomes unbearable.

Still working on my email clean-up. Luckily, since I was an email packrat, I've found some of the recipes that were lost forever in the house. ;-)

Very good idea! Most hospitals recommend taking Tylenol like that. How is the pain now?

As for me, I have good and bad news today.

Bad news :
I got diagnosed with Ulcerative Proctitis, which basically means my UC is flaring up in my rectum . I'm getting treated with a low level immunosuppresant ( Mezalasine) and should be OK again in two weeks if all goes well.This flare is likely stress related

Good news :
My psychologist was totally stoked about my new plans, and is proud of how far I've come because in just 4 sessions we managed to solve the root of my problems. She said I should be proud of myself for working this hard.

Last edited:
Windigo, I just started doing that last night so I haven't gotten on top of the pain yet. I have faith that I'll get there.

I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis but glad they figured it out and it should resolve in a couple of week. I have a ton of GI problems and much of it is stress related.

Since blocking my family's calls/texts, mine are slowly improving. This gives me hope that yours will improve as you continue working toward your goals. ;-)

Your psychologist sounds like a wonderful support for you. I agree with her. I'm proud of you too!

Doing okay. Yesterday was tough. Sorry I didn't post. You wouldn't believe how humid it is here. It's doing a number on my asthma. I took a sleeping pill and rested for most of the day. Fortunately, my caregiver knows what needs to be done so she took care of the shopping and chores. She's such an angel (you wouldn't believe me if I told about the ones I had before her. Yikes!).

How is everybody doing today? What's the weather like where you are?

The last couple of days have been difficult but they’ve gone so today I’m just enjoying relax. I’ve had a nice walk in the sunshine, lunch al fresco, and booked my first covid jab in June.
I'm sorry it's been a rough few days for you. Yes, relax as much as you can. I wouldn't be in this shape if I had taken more time to unwind and relax sometimes. Now, my body is paying the price.

Do you know what percentage of people have received the vaccine in your area? They are saying that we (in the US) aren't going to reach herd immunity because too many people have declined the vaccination. We might end up with annual booster shots like they have for the flu.

Hugs to you, dear.:hug:

It's been rough for me too, healthwise. I have excema covering half of my face, ulcerative proctitis and a fever now on top of things. If my fever doesn't go down this weekend I may have to be hospitalized next week. Let's hope the fever goes away quick.

Aside from that I lost another 1.7 kilo's and with that have lost a total of 3.6 kilo's already. That's 7.7 lbs.

I've not been walking much as I've been pretty ill.

Last edited:
It's been rough for me too, healthwise. I have excema covering half of my face, ulcerative proctitis and a fever now on top of things. If my fever doesn't go down this weekend I may have to be hospitalized next week. Let's hope the fever goes away quick.

Aside from that I lost another 1.7 kilo's and with that have lost a total of 3.6 kilo's already. That's 7.7 lbs.

I've not been walking much as I've been pretty ill.
Oh, dear. I am so sorry to hear this. Do you know what triggered the outbreak?

Just rest as much as you can. Let your body fight whatever is causing it. You can get back to your daily goals when you feel a bit better.

Please keep us posted. You know all of us care about you. Gentle hugs.

Doing okay. My caregiver helped me do some gentle exercises for my legs which wiped me out. I had to lie down afterward. It is still SO humid. I have an wall unit A/C but it's in my family room area and my recliner chair is in my bedroom. I have a great fan going 24/7 but it's not enough. I can tolerate cold weather much better than hot/muggy weather. I would have died as a pioneer woman. They would have stoned me in the town square for ripping off all those layers and petticoats. LOL

How is everybody doing?

Oh, dear. I am so sorry to hear this. Do you know what triggered the outbreak?

Just rest as much as you can. Let your body fight whatever is causing it. You can get back to your daily goals when you feel a bit better.

Please keep us posted. You know all of us care about you. Gentle hugs.
Yeah, definitely stress. I've been in remission for 3 years, but having to go through that whole situation with my stepson almost being homeless. I mean in two days alone we had 48 phone calls about that. And you all know how that went. My face rash started then, it calmed down a little but is now flaring again as this week tensions between us and the inlaws/situation with my stepson have been rising again. Stress is a known trigger for auto immune conditions.

But the good news is, the fever I had last night has not yet returned. If that stays that way, at least a hospital stay will be averted.

I'm not going easy on my weight loss goal, stress or not I am sticking to my diet because I have to learn not to use food as a cope anymore. That time is behind me. But yes, I am definitely taking a relaxed approach at excercise because weight loss makes excercise easier anyway. And even sticking to my diet, I was still able to order pizza today.. Yay for WW's system of weekly points for extra's! No cooking for me today.

Back
Top Bottom