Lifestyle changes

Yeah, definitely stress. I've been in remission for 3 years, but having to go through that whole situation with my stepson almost being homeless. I mean in two days alone we had 48 phone calls about that. And you all know how that went. My face rash started then, it calmed down a little but is now flaring again as this week tensions between us and the inlaws/situation with my stepson have been rising again. Stress is a known trigger for auto immune conditions.

But the good news is, the fever I had last night has not yet returned. If that stays that way, at least a hospital stay will be averted.

I'm not going easy on my weight loss goal, stress or not I am sticking to my diet because I have to learn not to use food as a cope anymore. That time is behind me. But yes, I am definitely taking a relaxed approach at excercise because weight loss makes excercise easier anyway. And even sticking to my diet, I was still able to order pizza today.. Yay for WW's system of weekly points for extra's! No cooking for me today.
Yes, it is. I can't tell you how much better I feel now that I've estranged from my birth family. I still have some rough days but nowhere near the level it used to be.

I'm glad your fever broke and you won't have to go to the hospital.

I am so impressed with your resolve to keep going. You're doing great!

Yes, it is. I can't tell you how much better I feel now that I've estranged from my birth family. I still have some rough days but nowhere near the level it used to be.

I'm glad your fever broke and you won't have to go to the hospital.

I am so impressed with your resolve to keep going. You're doing great!
You're great support :hug:

I'm trying to change my lifestyle permanently, that means I shouldn't slack off because I have a bad day. Because bad days will always happen, but good days will too and I just want more out of life than my size is currently allowing me.

• Love
Reactions: mjd
You're great support :hug:

I'm trying to change my lifestyle permanently, that means I shouldn't slack off because I have a bad day. Because bad days will always happen, but good days will too and I just want more out of life than my size is currently allowing me.
So are you dear. :hug:

If you go back and read your earlier posts on this thread you will clearly see a strong and capable woman with definite goals and plans to achieve them. You are keeping your promise to yourself and that's the best any of us can do for ourselves. I'm thrilled to walk this journey with you. ;-)

They would have stoned me in the town square for ripping off all those layers and petticoats. LOL
"Millie Jane! What in tarnation are you doin', strippin' off nekkid like that in the street?! Git to the saloon, woman, and at least get paid a little somethin' fer it!"💃

:laugh:

Last edited:
"Millie Jane! What in tarnation are you doin', strippin' off nekkid like that in the street?! Git to the saloon, woman, and at least get paid a little somethin' fer it!"💃

:laugh:
You are so silly!!!

P.S. Where did you pull Millie Jane from? I have NEVER heard of anybody named Millie except the neighbor wife on "The Dick Van Dyke Show". I'm glad that was deleted from the baby name books!

You are so silly!!!

P.S. Where did you pull Millie Jane from? I have NEVER heard of anybody named Millie except the neighbor wife on "The Dick Van Dyke Show". I'm glad that was deleted from the baby name books!
I just thought up a "typical" Old West name! 🤠

• Lol or Haha
I just thought up a "typical" Old West name! 🤠
I'm not sure if I ever told you this but I think you posted that you're a tech guy or something like that. I TRY to picture it and I can't. You just have too much personality and a wicked sense of humor. All the tech guys I know are two seconds off being "Rain Man".

Really? Wow. Is it short for another name?

Sometimes, I feel like there are only 3-4 names in baby books in the US. If I meet another Jennifer, Becky or Jessica I'm going to have to start using a flowchart! ;-)

Strange that here the names you mention would be seen as old fashioned and rather 50's. Maybe not the Jessica, that would be more 90's.

Names like Milly/Millie are not in shortened form. The kids are registered with that name. For quite a long time now there has been a trend for the abbreviated versions of old fashioned rather Victorian names. Archie (think of Harry and Megan's son), also Alfie, Billy, Freddie. For girls there are quite a few very popular short names from the past: Lily, Ava, Ivy, Elsie - Milly or Millie is the 37th most popular.

Doing okay. I slept through the night. My caregiver made my meals for the weekend. She is so sweet. She went to three different stores to find me a Pepsi. Apparently, there is a metal shortage so manufacturers can't make their products. I rarely drink anything except water. I just had a taste for Pepsi and she found it for me. I'm s fortunate to have her and all of you. :hug:

How is everybody doing today?

I'm doing well, at the beginning I was often feeling like my points allowance on WW was barely enough and now I actually sometimes wonder, what shall I have next? I do have to reach my points or else I would be crash dieting, but I never imagined it would be so easy that I sometimes wonder how to add enough to not undereat. I've really come far in a short time.

After being sick for a good few days I went out for a walk again, hit 4231 steps but am feeling quite drained by it. Excercise is so easy to slack off on, just a few days makes you feel less fit in general. Even my husband said he has that problem too. My fever did not return, yay!

I'm doing well, at the beginning I was often feeling like my points allowance on WW was barely enough and now I actually sometimes wonder, what shall I have next? I do have to reach my points or else I would be crash dieting, but I never imagined it would be so easy that I sometimes wonder how to add enough to not undereat. I've really come far in a short time.

After being sick for a good few days I went out for a walk again, hit 4231 steps but am feeling quite drained by it. Excercise is so easy to slack off on, just a few days makes you feel less fit in general. Even my husband said he has that problem too. My fever did not return, yay!
I'm glad your fever broke for good. I, too, have that feeling of blah if I slack off on exercising. Some days I just can't because of too much pain but I will usually add in something else (instead of trying for sit-ups, I'll do hand weights or leg lifts, etc.).

This is how I usually feel... ;-)

z (21).jpg

I'm thrilled for you to have come so far in reaching your goals. You inspire me!

Back
Top Bottom