Lifestyle changes

Pff.. I have the energy level of a sloth on ambien and have been hungry continously for 2 days.

I know it's a part of the weight loss journey so I've embraced it and have not had any binges. But excercise wise I've slowed down a little. Weight loss makes excercise easier anyway, so I am focussing on that most. Slacking off a day or two because the weight loss is tiring is better than eating more and excersising but not losing weight.

So I am typing this in bed to sleep off the hungry feeling .
I know it's hard. You are doing great and listening to your body is very important. You don't need my validation but I am very proud of you.

Felt less tired today, so went shopping and that got me a nice 5431 steps 🥰 an ice cream cone may have landed where it wasn't supposed to though..:laugh:
Oh well, I weighed in this morning and have neither gained nor lost, so lets see what my official friday weigh in brings.

Felt less tired today, so went shopping and that got me a nice 5431 steps 🥰 an ice cream cone may have landed where it wasn't supposed to though..:laugh:
Oh well, I weighed in this morning and have neither gained nor lost, so lets see what my official friday weigh in brings.
I believe in moderation. The human brain can't take abrupt changes well which is why so many diets fail.

You go girl!

I believe in moderation. The human brain can't take abrupt changes well which is why so many diets fail.

You go girl!
I know dear, it's for life! That's why I forgive myself and move on.
I couldn't resist the ice cream, but a 80% healthy diet is still much better than a 80% unhealthy one. When I was still in the grip of my eating disorder I would deny myself things like this, and then binge uncontrollably later. I've lost that problem, so I rather now eat one ice cream cone then deny myself until I binge. One ice cream cone is not a problem, a binge is.

Doing okay. I stayed up really late working on a project. I'm taking a class on digital design. It's fun but a daunting task to organize so many files. I am still in quite a bit of pain so my caregiver had to help me take a shower. The hardest part is adjusting my thinking that keeps telling me that I'm strong enough to do physically do things and I get in trouble (like falling or passing out).

So, I'm adding "it's okay to slow down and not be strong every day" and "be grateful I have a wonderful caregiver who is always willing to help" to my list of daily reminders.

How is everybody doing?

I couldn't resist the ice cream, but a 80% healthy diet is still much better than a 80% unhealthy one. When I was still in the grip of my eating disorder I would deny myself things like this, and then binge uncontrollably later. I've lost that problem, so I rather now eat one ice cream cone then deny myself until I binge. One ice cream cone is not a problem, a binge is.
way to go.jpg

Doing okay. I stayed up really late working on a project. I'm taking a class on digital design. It's fun but a daunting task to organize so many files. I am still in quite a bit of pain so my caregiver had to help me take a shower. The hardest part is adjusting my thinking that keeps telling me that I'm strong enough to do physically do things and I get in trouble (like falling or passing out).

So, I'm adding "it's okay to slow down and not be strong every day" and "be grateful I have a wonderful caregiver who is always willing to help" to my list of daily reminders.

How is everybody doing?
I'm sorry, I know it's such a struggle to accept those limitations. I often push myself too much too. :hug:

I am very glad your caregiver is such a gem!

Right, an ice cream cone is no problem as well as indulging in moments of relaxation and enjoyment and taking them for what they are.
I know that feeling and that mode.
I stopped being too rigid with myself when I gave myself permission to enjoy things freely, without feeling trapped. It's a long journey, but one that I now manage naturally, and if and when I slip up I do so more than consciously, knowing that I will then balance, as in all things :thumbsup:

Doing okay. Went for my annual physical. My caregiver insisted that I talk to the doctor about my hip. The tech was out today so I have to go back tomorrow for an x-ray. I expressed my concerns about going to p/t because of COVID and she said we might be able to get a physical therapist to come to my place. I lost ten pounds. I was really wiped out after the appointment because it tires me out to shower and get out. I had to lie down a bit when we got back. For the most, I'm doing okay. ;-)

How is everybody doing today?

Mood:

Yeah, so no weight loss for me this week. No gain either. But last month around this same time I didn't lose either, so I suspect it's hormonal as the week after I suddenly lost double as much. In the WW group I've noticed that most women struggle with their hormones making them hold water weight once a month.

I've also been a little less active due to being ill, so I guess that factored in too. But this is a new week, and a fresh start. I'm not giving up.
Already have 4586 steps done today, so it's looking good.

Back
Top Bottom