Lifestyle changes

Mood:
View attachment 64257
Yeah, so no weight loss for me this week. No gain either. But last month around this same time I didn't lose either, so I suspect it's hormonal as the week after I suddenly lost double as much. In the WW group I've noticed that most women struggle with their hormones making them hold water weight once a month.

I've also been a little less active due to being ill, so I guess that factored in too. But this is a new week, and a fresh start. I'm not giving up.
Already have 4586 steps done today, so it's looking good.
That weight cycle is very common in woman. Have you talked to your doctor about a hormone check? I'm not sure how old you are but imbalances are fairly common among menstruating women.

You're doing great. I'm cheering you on from the States! :woot:

Doing okay. Our temps dropped 40 degrees in the past three days. It's always harder on my arthritis when it's cold so I knew even before checking the temperature. I was supposed to go back to the doctor's office for an x-ray of my hip and blood work but my caregiver rescheduled it because I'm in too much pain. Hopefully, the temps will rise and I can go on Tuesday. Other than that, I've been plugging along.

How are you doing today?

I hear you on the temp change. We're just a few hours south of you right now, and it was high 80's yesterday and now it's mid-50's, windy, overcast and rainy.

That weight cycle is very common in woman. Have you talked to your doctor about a hormone check? I'm not sure how old you are but imbalances are fairly common among menstruating women.

You're doing great. I'm cheering you on from the States! :woot:
I am already diagnosed with PCOS, so need not get it checked

Reactions: mjd
Doing okay. Our temps dropped 40 degrees in the past three days. It's always harder on my arthritis when it's cold so I knew even before checking the temperature. I was supposed to go back to the doctor's office for an x-ray of my hip and blood work but my caregiver rescheduled it because I'm in too much pain. Hopefully, the temps will rise and I can go on Tuesday. Other than that, I've been plugging along.

How are you doing today?
Ahh, that's unfortunate. I know how annoying weather changes can be, they always make my asthma worse.

I am already diagnosed with PCOS, so need not get it checked
Good that you know. I suffered from it for years until I was diagnosed. At the time, there were support groups on About.com. They've since closed those.

I did a quick search but I'm sure you have been thorough in finding resources. I'm just including them here for anybody that should come along that may find it helpful.

PCOS Support - Overcome Your PCOS Symptoms

PCOS Awareness Association

PCOS support group

Big hugs!

How are you doing today?

I hope you get better soon and that the temperature rises for you so that you can reap all the benefits.
Meantime, I'm sending you sun shining and gentle warm from here, dear :sun:

Mood:
View attachment 64257
Yeah, so no weight loss for me this week. No gain either. But last month around this same time I didn't lose either, so I suspect it's hormonal as the week after I suddenly lost double as much. In the WW group I've noticed that most women struggle with their hormones making them hold water weight once a month.

I've also been a little less active due to being ill, so I guess that factored in too. But this is a new week, and a fresh start. I'm not giving up.
Already have 4586 steps done today, so it's looking good.

However, you are progressing well and this is already a very good achievement.

It happens to me that I lose weight, then gain some back and then have no change for a while, regardless of physical activity. My personal trainer at the gym told me that it's normal for the body to stall for a while, as if it were taking "a moment to reflect", she said.

You are on the right track though, brava!

Thank you, how are you today? :hug:

I'm fine, apart from the heat which is quite noticeable today but it's good. My mind is clear. I would like to go for a run later even though my legs are still a bit sore from the crazy 10 minute run a few days ago, haha

And I continue to strangle because of my allergy to pollen and grasses, which don't give me a break these days.
I walk around like a drunk sneezing Frankenstein. What a nice image :laugh:

I worked from home today, no office. From next week I'll be back to full strength, or so I should. This will help keep me busy and resume a more normal daily routine.

I'm fine, apart from the heat which is quite noticeable today but it's good. My mind is clear. I would like to go for a run later even though my legs are still a bit sore from the crazy 10 minute run a few days ago, haha

And I continue to strangle because of my allergy to pollen and grasses, which don't give me a break these days.
I walk around like a drunk sneezing Frankenstein. What a nice image :laugh:

I worked from home today, no office. From next week I'll be back to full strength, or so I should. This will help keep me busy and resume a more normal daily routine.
I hope you get to go for your run. Will you take your dog with you?

We need some of your nice weather. Can you believe that it is 45 degrees here today? Crazy weather.

I feel your pain on the breathing. I'm also allergic to grass and pollen. The mowing service comes through twice per week and I sometimes forget to close my window so all that floats in.

Have you tried Zyrtec? Have you tried Flonase? Neither helped me but I know others that have benefitted from one or both. I hope you get some relief soon. My doctors says "breathing is important". LOL :laugh:

Are they going to phase you all back to the office? I've heard of some companies here are requiring the vaccine or will terminate people. Many colleges and universities are doing the same thing by not allowing the kids come back unless they are vaccinated.

I hope you continue to have a good day and know that I care. :hug:

Doing okay. I slept through the night. That feels so good after decades of insomnia. It's still really chilly out. It just feels weird when we're this late in the year. I downloaded a couple of movies and will try to watch one today. It's been a while since I've been focusing on my goals and need to process the journey.

I just don't have the stamina I used to have. I guess that's normal as we age. I makes me feel kind of weird that my caregiver and her two other clients are older than me. Well, no sense in worrying about that since I can't change it. I'm getting much better at mentally filing things as "stuff I can't control". ;-)

How are you doing today?

Doing okay. I slept off and on all day yesterday. I couldn't get much relief but worked on just getting through the pain. We rescheduled my x-ray for Tuesday (tom.) because I could hardly walk on Friday. I'll probably take my walker just to be safe.

I will start on exercises with a ball to help take some pressure off my hip. I had this same injury exacerbate when I was pregnant both times so feel hopeful this will help this time too. If not, I'll keep trying until something works.

How are you doing today?

It's been already over two weeks since I set up my goal of cutting down in chocolate and can say I am managing very well.

I just had it once at work. We discharged a really loved patient and his son brought over a box of little ones. This happened last Wednesday and was the only day I ate chocolate at work. At home I am even more strict as I only eat the square I put into my porridge bowl-and it's 85 per cent Cocoa so even better.

On the other side, I have developed a compulsive obsession for eating apples. I have never been a fan of them, but they are available at work and by some weird reason I always take regardless of whether they are red or green. Twice a day, to be precise. Is this normal? :hyper:

There is evidence that this is working so far. I am feeling lighter and seeing myself leaner in the mirror. What's more, yesterday I put a shorts on and they are slightly looser compared to last summer.

As I said, it was all a matter of will in my case because I can always choose to eat or not to eat something. I know for some people might not be as easy.

I will try to secure this trend and make more changes over the next couple of weeks. Now that my partner has received the first COVID jab I can come back to play football/soccer with my mates. I haven't done it since before National Lockdown 1 and can't wait no more.

Back
Top Bottom