Lifestyle changes

Doing okay. It's still crazy humid here. I honestly don't know how anybody deals with it. I'll have my caregiver help me move some stuff around this coming week so I can sit in the front room by the A/C. I got lucky last year when the maintenance guy replaced mine. I now have one with a remote which is great for when my legs don't want to work. I'm going for my annual physical on Thursday. My goal is to make it there without my wheelchair (my caregiver wants to take it, but I'm going to try with just my walker).

How is everybody doing today?

Doing okay. I slept for four hours. I might try to lie down in a bit. I'm going to skip exercising today. My body is telling me to take it easy so I will.

How is everybody doing today? Can I ship our humidity to anybody? Any takers? LOL

We're doing great here...Long weekend in Canada and the last day off before we go back to work..getting the keys to the new shop in a few days...looking forward to getting in there and start the renos..we've done just about everything we can up to this point..

We're doing great here...Long weekend in Canada and the last day off before we go back to work..getting the keys to the new shop in a few days...looking forward to getting in there and start the renos..we've done just about everything we can up to this point..
That's awesome! I'm excited for you!!!

Thanks..can you paint?
Paint a room? Yes.
Paint a picture? Nope

My parents were RE investors so we learned how to rehab houses growing up. I know how to paint, drywall, tile and refinish floors. Our first house was a fixer upper (my choice). My ex is an electrician so I did the non-electrical and non-plumbing stuff and he did all that. I did some landscaping and he built the porch, deck and walkway.

Do you have your plans mapped out?

Paint a room? Yes.
Paint a picture? Nope

My parents were RE investors so we learned how to rehab houses growing up. I know how to paint, drywall, tile and refinish floors. Our first house was a fixer upper (my choice). My ex is an electrician so I did the non-electrical and non-plumbing stuff and he did all that. I did some landscaping and he built the porch, deck and walkway.

Do you have your plans mapped out?
Yes...we're starting with cleaning and painting.. Get the electrician in to add plug ins, moving a counter and the plumbing over a few feet to accomodate our operations, then a new floor in the kitchen..It's just a lease so I'm just doing peel and stick rubber tiling in the kitchen...Hopefull have that done the first week...then move everything in and set up...recieve inventory, then get front of the shop ready..then, in to the kitchen with me..food prep for a few days until we're ready to open..

Yes...we're starting with cleaning and painting.. Get the electrician in to add plug ins, moving a counter and the plumbing over a few feet to accomodate our operations, then a new floor in the kitchen..It's just a lease so I'm just doing peel and stick rubber tiling in the kitchen...Hopefull have that done the first week...then move everything in and set up...recieve inventory, then get front of the shop ready..then, in to the kitchen with me..food prep for a few days until we're ready to open..
You can't see me but I'm doing a happy dance for you! :woot:

Yet, here you are. ;-) They say you never work a day if you are doing what you love.
True...I always think the grass is greener and I'll just go and get a job, but once we've stopped I can't see myself doing anything else..food service was always one of those temporary things I did to pay the bills...I'm almost 60 now, so I think I better grow up and get a job soon..

Pff.. I have the energy level of a sloth on ambien and have been hungry continously for 2 days.

I know it's a part of the weight loss journey so I've embraced it and have not had any binges. But excercise wise I've slowed down a little. Weight loss makes excercise easier anyway, so I am focussing on that most. Slacking off a day or two because the weight loss is tiring is better than eating more and excersising but not losing weight.

So I am typing this in bed to sleep off the hungry feeling .

I’m planning a run later in the afternoon. At last 🙂
Running is something I used to do almost everyday before covid, this will be the first time after that. It will be useful for lots of good reasons, physically and mentally. I’m looking forward to wear my running shoes (will they recognise me?).
I’ll take a little bottle of water with few lemon drops in, a good playlist ready to play in my phone and I’m ready to go. Maybe I’ll last only 10 mins, but they will be intense 😅🏃🏻‍♀️

Pff.. I have the energy level of a sloth on ambien and have been hungry continously for 2 days.

I know it's a part of the weight loss journey so I've embraced it and have not had any binges. But excercise wise I've slowed down a little. Weight loss makes excercise easier anyway, so I am focussing on that most. Slacking off a day or two because the weight loss is tiring is better than eating more and excersising but not losing weight.

So I am typing this in bed to sleep off the hungry feeling .

I’ll WA you later 💋

Back
Top Bottom