Lifestyle changes

Well, I am usually up in the middle of the night if you want to chat or play games. I love Scrabble and chess. I also play Uno sometimes. I think it's more fun when the other player(s) is somebody you know. Too many weirdos and pervs so I play against the bots versus live players.

I don't mean to pry. Do you know why you can't sleep and is there some kind of support I can give you to help you cope with your insomnia?

I know that currently I don't get much if any signal until about midnight or so Eastern US Time. Some of the insomnia is bladder related - usually around one or two pm bathroom run. Then it takes a long time to get back to sleep. I may consider the chat/game thing - and I do note we are on schedule to get rid of satellite only options here - Comcast cable is coming. (Yeah, I know - Comcast doesn't have the best reputation, but it is better than satellite! ANYthing would be - even those old cups and a string method of using phones...)

Not entirely sure why I can't get there (sleep, that is). It has always taken a long time, and then when I have to get up mid-sleep, it takes just as long again.

Thanks very much for the offer! We can see if we can work this out!

Reactions: mjd
It's rare for me to sleep through the night. I start out in the main bedroom around 10PM, move to the guest room at about 12:30AM or so, and if I'm lucky, sleep there the rest of the night, minus a pee break.

Sometimes, though, I go from there to the sofa, then back to the guest room. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know that currently I don't get much if any signal until about midnight or so Eastern US Time. Some of the insomnia is bladder related - usually around one or two pm bathroom run. Then it takes a long time to get back to sleep. I may consider the chat/game thing - and I do note we are on schedule to get rid of satellite only options here - Comcast cable is coming. (Yeah, I know - Comcast doesn't have the best reputation, but it is better than satellite! ANYthing would be - even those old cups and a string method of using phones...)

Not entirely sure why I can't get there (sleep, that is). It has always taken a long time, and then when I have to get up mid-sleep, it takes just as long again.

Thanks very much for the offer! We can see if we can work this out!
Does it make a difference if you stop fluid intake a few hours before bedtime?

Are you drinking/eating anything with caffeine in the afternoon?

Is your "heaviest" meal your last meal of the day?

Do you have vivid dreams when you sleep? We often "work out" problems in our sleep when we can't process them while awake.

Would you say that you get *restorative sleep"? For me, it doesn't matter how long I sleep. I'm just as exhausted as I was before sleeping. This is one side-effect of PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).

Have you ever tried aromatherapy, Melatonin, meditation music or other methods to help you sleep?

I can't even say the "C" word. LOL OMG. I am generally a calm person but..."C" word...UGH. Just ugh. ;-0

PM me when you're up and want company. I'll respond if I'm up too.

It sounds like you are on the right track! I don't believe I've ever walked 26,000 step in my lifetime let alone a day! That is amazing.

What kind of running do you do?

Distance running. Usually between 5 and 10 k. Or, if you want to measure it by time, I try to do a minimum of 30 minutes. I am not too fast though as I can barely run at an average of 5:30 mins/km-and this is at best!

Failing miserably, still eat too much :(

It is very easy to keep thinking about the past and all the negative stuff that has happened, we all know the forward is the best way. PM me any time x

From my experience, all I can say is try to gradually implement changes. Diet wise, I remember that I did analyse what I was doing wrong and changed my breakfast first thing-I realised I was eating too much bakery and too often. Once I settled a more healthy habit (it took me about 8 weeks) I focused on the rest. You will reach a point when the change becomes a routine and you just take it totally natural.

Distance running. Usually between 5 and 10 k. Or, if you want to measure it by time, I try to do a minimum of 30 minutes. I am not too fast though as I can barely run at an average of 5:30 mins/km-and this is at best!

From my experience, all I can say is try to gradually implement changes. Diet wise, I remember that I did analyse what I was doing wrong and changed my breakfast first thing-I realised I was eating too much bakery and too often. Once I settled a more healthy habit (it took me about 8 weeks) I focused on the rest. You will reach a point when the change becomes a routine and you just take it totally natural.

My problem is, part genetics, part menopause, part meds, part comfort eating due to bad stuff that has happened over the past couple of years.

It's rare for me to sleep through the night. I start out in the main bedroom around 10PM, move to the guest room at about 12:30AM or so, and if I'm lucky, sleep there the rest of the night, minus a pee break.

Sometimes, though, I go from there to the sofa, then back to the guest room. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Why is that? Back pain?

Reactions: mjd
Doing okay. I'm still wiped out from physical therapy yesterday. I slept several hours this morning. I think my stress load is forcing me to just shut down. It's beautiful outside. I had to close the window because there is a huge fire burning at a grease plant. They don't know how long it will take to burn out with all the accelerants there. Believe it or not, the smoke has made it this far and that's about an hour away from me.

How is everybody doing today?

Image4.jpg

Doing okay. I'm still wiped out from physical therapy yesterday. I slept several hours this morning. I think my stress load is forcing me to just shut down. It's beautiful outside. I had to close the window because there is a huge fire burning at a grease plant. They don't know how long it will take to burn out with all the accelerants there. Believe it or not, the smoke has made it this far and that's about an hour away from me.

How is everybody doing today?

View attachment 65471

Keep windows shut, fumes will carry bad stuff with them.

Russ

Weighed in this morning, haven't gained or lost again. But it's hot and I've got swollen fingers and ankles with fluid, so I've probably lost but am retaining water due to the heat. Patience is the name of the game, and I'll just keep going and see what next week will bring.

Yesterday I still managed about 3800 steps (30 mins of walking) despite the heat, which is great because last year I couldn't last 5 minutes outside with this weather. So I am improving 😊

On normal days that wedding ring fits. Now it looks too small. And the plaster is for a mosquito bite.

Weighed in this morning, haven't gained or lost again. But it's hot and I've got swollen fingers and ankles with fluid, so I've probably lost but am retaining water due to the heat. Patience is the name of the game, and I'll just keep going and see what next week will bring.

Yesterday I still managed about 3800 steps (30 mins of walking) despite the heat, which is great because last year I couldn't last 5 minutes outside with this weather. So I am improving 😊

View attachment 65497
On normal days that wedding ring fits. Now it looks too small. And the plaster is for a mosquito bite.
You are doing so well, my friend. ;-)

How does the plaster help with a mosquito bite?

Back
Top Bottom