Lifestyle changes

Doing okay. I'm not in as much pain today after physical therapy. I've been up since about 4A because my fire/smoke alarm went off. The guy came and replaced the two in my apartment but I couldn't get back to sleep. I'm feeling much better about my family situation. My PT taught me some relaxation techniques she recommend I try when the pain is overwhelming. I'm happy about that because I'd rather not take narcotics.

How is everybody doing today?

Doing okay. I couldn't get to sleep until a little after 3A. I worked on some more of my graphic design lessons. It's really fun. I don't know if anybody else has experienced this but wanted to throw it out there. I have some movies (downloaded and traditional DVDs) and I've been wanting to watch them but I never feel up to it. I can't remember the last time I watched Netflix or Hula. I don't have a short attention span. I don't know why I haven't.

Doing okay. I couldn't get to sleep until a little after 3A. I worked on some more of my graphic design lessons. It's really fun. I don't know if anybody else has experienced this but wanted to throw it out there. I have some movies (downloaded and traditional DVDs) and I've been wanting to watch them but I never feel up to it. I can't remember the last time I watched Netflix or Hula. I don't have a short attention span. I don't know why I haven't.

I'm doing very well, managed 8454 steps today already and the day isn't over yet. Also went to Mcdonalds, but through making wiser choices I am stayin in my calorie deficit for today!

I had a great time walking with my friend, and we're planning on going more often.

Lately I can’t sleep very well so I went to a pharmacy asking for a natural essence that allow me to have at least 6 hrs of good night’s sleep and not being too much “lost” during the day.
I’ll take few drops starting from tonight. I’ve never used them before, thus I have no idea about their effects on me. But I need a little help.
I started to run again pretty regularly, a good thing for my physical and mental health.

Doing okay. Didn't get much sleep and still feel tired. I'm going to try to stay awake all day and get to bed before midnight tonight. I treated myself to a steak and baked potato for dinner. I've been working on the exercises the physical therapist recommended. I feel like it's working well.

Doing okay. I had a stressful morning but I'm bouncing back. I have physical therapy tomorrow so I'm trying to not overdo it today. I got hit with some bad news and it hit me harder than I hoped it would. My counselor has been checking on me every day via text and squeezed me in on Saturday. I'll bounce back. I didn't come this far to give up now.

How is everybody doing?

Oh, and on a nice note, I’m cutting cigarettes. Now I only smoke a couple of them a day, one after lunch and one after dinner.
I don't mean to intrude so feel free not to answer. Did you start smoking when you were very young? I ask because my mother smokes about 3-4 packs a day and has never tried to quit. She is a big woman (about 5'10" and heavy set). She'd come in my room, sit on top of me and start slapping me to wake me up and make me go buy her cigarettes. I don't even want to think about how evil she would be if she did NOT have her cigarettes. LOL

The thing is I know several people that successfully stopped smoking and the only commonality I can see between them is they didn't start in high school and they never smoked more than a pack a day.

For what it's worth, I think you are doing great. It's hard to change habits (it takes at least seven repetitions for the brain to process change). You'll get there. I believe in you!

Lately I can’t sleep very well so I went to a pharmacy asking for a natural essence that allow me to have at least 6 hrs of good night’s sleep and not being too much “lost” during the day.
I’ll take few drops starting from tonight. I’ve never used them before, thus I have no idea about their effects on me. But I need a little help.
I started to run again pretty regularly, a good thing for my physical and mental health.
Very good of you to run, it will help with sleeping too! I hope you will soon feel better :hug:

My husband and I both are sleeping badly, we both have got sleeping meds now due to the situation with Stepson. It's likely he's going to be rejected again by the new facility, and we're running out of options.

Doing okay. Didn't get much sleep and still feel tired. I'm going to try to stay awake all day and get to bed before midnight tonight. I treated myself to a steak and baked potato for dinner. I've been working on the exercises the physical therapist recommended. I feel like it's working well.

:hug:good of you to treat yourself! How did it go down?

Back
Top Bottom