Lifestyle changes

Doesn't this mean you need the ER now darling? That's seriously concerning. Hugs! :hug:

What did your caregiver say about it?
Does what mean going to the ER? I fall quite a bit and I didn't hit the floor or the tub bottom. There is no solution to my stomach issues. All they can do is help ease the symptoms.

I'm not sure I understand you. What did she say about what?

I'm OK, weighed myself again (I know it's better not to) but it was reassuring to me as I still weighed the same even after I 'indulged' this weekend. My ED brain really proves itself wrong time and again 😊

Managed to do some important house work like 3 loads of laundry, but that was it for the day. The excercise part hasn't been as impressive the past week.
It doesn't have to impressive. It just has to be progressive AND YOU ARE! :woot:

You might want to rethink the ER.
I'm burnt out on the ER. I've probably been in the ER and hospital an estimated 150 times. It's exhausting (and there isn't thing they can but give me IV pain drugs (that come with its on set of problems)).

P.S. My parents told me they don't care about my health problems and I deserve it for being a b*tch of a daughter. Yeah, there's no Hallmark section for that. LOL

I'm burnt out on the ER. I've probably been in the ER and hospital an estimated 150 times.
I definitely get that. Between the two of us, we're in a doc's office or hospital setting at least once a week, many times more, and I don't care how "homey" they try to make it, it's just 🤬 depressing and overwhelming.

Sharps container on the wall...check. Nurse's whiteboard...check. Little corner sink...check. Oh, look, a whimsical picture of a puppy and a kitten playing...I feel much better now. 😐

But, if you need to go, you need to go. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: mjd
I definitely get that. Between the two of us, we're in a doc's office or hospital setting at least once a week, many times more, and I don't care how "homey" they try to make it, it's just 🤬 depressing and overwhelming.

Sharps container on the wall...check. Nurse's whiteboard...check. Little corner sink...check. Oh, look, a whimsical picture of a puppy and a kitten playing...I feel much better now. 😐

But, if you need to go, you need to go. Keep that in mind.
Yep. And those crazy posters on the back of the doors. I don't want to see all that. I would have gone to medical school if I wanted to look at pictures of the insides of people.

I promise I will go if it gets too bad. I have a Life Alert button and the hospital is across the street, literally.

Does what mean going to the ER? I fall quite a bit and I didn't hit the floor or the tub bottom. There is no solution to my stomach issues. All they can do is help ease the symptoms.

I'm not sure I understand you. What did she say about what?
I meant if she thought you needed the ER if she caught you, but I see now that it won't help. :hug:

Reactions: mjd
I meant if she thought you needed the ER if she caught you, but I see now that it won't help. :hug:
I'm pretty tough. You wouldn't believe me if I told you all the stuff I've survived. I'm a bit bumped and bruised but still standing.

EsP1hf8WMAEo3Dn.jpg

Doing so-so. Didn't sleep at all last night. I think I'm thinking too much and then I think about that and so on and so on. We made the appointment for the GI but he can't see me until the end of August. I'll try to wear my girl undies and tough it out until then.

How is everybody doing?

Doing okay. I hadn't slept in two days so I took an extra sleeping pill last night and was able to get a few hours of rest. I'm still tired but I feel a little better than I did yesterday. I held a little bit down. It's still really muggy here and I just don't do well with it. The A/C helps with that.

How is everybody doing?

Doing okay. I hadn't slept in two days so I took an extra sleeping pill last night and was able to get a few hours of rest. I'm still tired but I feel a little better than I did yesterday. I held a little bit down. It's still really muggy here and I just don't do well with it. The A/C helps with that.

How is everybody doing?
Doing good. Finally slept well for about a week, upping my amount of CBD has been very helpful. And also:

Stepson can move out from grandma's next week! He's going to a facility that's willing to take him no matter his prior history. I'm still not entirely relaxed, only when he's been there for a solid 6 months will I trust we won't soon have another crisis. But at least there's hope and my MIL will be unburdened soon.

I made it to 6753 steps today, so that was a good day. The weather was nice. Food wise it's still going well too.

Doing good. Finally slept well for about a week, upping my amount of CBD has been very helpful. And also:

Stepson can move out from grandma's next week! He's going to a facility that's willing to take him no matter his prior history. I'm still not entirely relaxed, only when he's been there for a solid 6 months will I trust we won't soon have another crisis. But at least there's hope and my MIL will be unburdened soon.

I made it to 6753 steps today, so that was a good day. The weather was nice. Food wise it's still going well too.
Challengekitenmasker2-Peetie2021-Awesome.gif

Hoo-hoo, mjd, where are you? How are you doing? We have a long-awaited rain shower in the midst of the thirty (°C) heat. These tropical weather conditions will continue for at least a week. Climate change... We try to approach the heat from a holiday and enjoyment perspective. I've had coffee and Finnish "viili" and granola for breakfast during the whole summer to cut down sandwich-based carbs and fat from toppings like cheese and ham. "Viili" is finished with a thin, silky, creamy dairy culture/whey/rennet coating (article). Viili is less sour than yoghourt; the structure is slightly stretchable but lightweight. :rain:- - - Ok, the shower lasted for two minutes. Thunder and lightning in the NW, luckily moving to NE. Off to develop muscles in the garden.

shower_LI.jpg

Last edited:
mjd and MypinchofItaly how are you both? It's quiet without you! :hug:

I've had cold symptoms and a fever all weekend, but very mild. Also sprained my knee today, but thankfully after getting 5170 steps in.

Here I am sweetie :hug:

I am fine, just struggling with the heat which is unbearable these days, at the moment in Milan it’s 30 degrees… only some relief last night with a thunderstorm, but nothing changed very much and this early morning it was already pretty hot. Can’t sleep very much.
Oh dear, sorry to hear about your cold and fever symptoms, but mostly about your knee! Damn. How are you now? Are you ok to walk?

Back
Top Bottom