Lifestyle changes

Here I am sweetie :hug:

I am fine, just struggling with the heat which is unbearable these days, at the moment in Milan it’s 30 degrees… only some relief last night with a thunderstorm, but nothing changed very much and this early morning it was already pretty hot. Can’t sleep very much.
Oh dear, sorry to hear about your cold and fever symptoms, but mostly about your knee! Damn. How are you now? Are you ok to walk?
Sorry to hear it's so hot over there! Were you ok in the storm? I saw a video of golf ball sized hailstones in Milan!

My knee is hurting, but I can still walk. I have this happen often, being hypermobile.

My youngest stepson graduated! He got his high school equivalent now. We have his graduation party on thursday :sun: he has done well despite the situation!

And in other good news: older stepson is moving to his new care home tomorrow, AND he's now sectioned/declared legally insane! Which means he is now under care of a curator/legal guardian who will now direct his care instead of us. So thats all great! Just needs to sink in..

Otherwise I am still ill ( got tested, not Covid) but definitely the common flu. Probably stress related as my psoriasis is flaring up in my face too.

It's been good for my diet is all I can say , stayed under my calorie target all week due to lack of appetite.

My youngest stepson graduated! He got his high school equivalent now. We have his graduation party on thursday :sun: he has done well despite the situation!

And in other good news: older stepson is moving to his new care home tomorrow, AND he's now sectioned/declared legally insane! Which means he is now under care of a curator/legal guardian who will now direct his care instead of us. So thats all great! Just needs to sink in..

Otherwise I am still ill ( got tested, not Covid) but definitely the common flu. Probably stress related as my psoriasis is flaring up in my face too.

It's been good for my diet is all I can say , stayed under my calorie target all week due to lack of appetite.
So much good news all at once! Really happy for you all. 😊

Doing okay. My stomach hurts again. I'm pretty sure it's another ulcer. Sigh. I've been trying to rest more but this time of year is hard on my PTSD. I am doing my daily exercises and drinking plenty of water. I'll get through this.

How is everybody doing?

I had those in the early to mid '80s. had to go for an endoscopy which made me gag & puke. :yuck:

Sorry to here that you are unwell but I'm really pleased that things are now resolved for your stepson. This is going to be a huge weight off your mind.

Hi gang, sorry for my absence. I got waylaid. Still going through some rough patches but trying to get back on the horse.

How are you all doing?
Glad to see you back dear :hug:

I've been offline a lot too, still feeling unwell. I got tested, it's not corona but I guess it's the stress from the past month coming out.

However, our holiday has started now. Oldest stepson has moved to his new place, and the youngest is staying with his mom for 3 weeks of summer holiday. After that he'll spend 3 weeks with us. So we're getting some much needed rest, and resting is all we've done this weekend so far.

As for my diet, weight loss has still stalled. It's not moving up or down, I suspect stress and feeling ill might contribute. It will sort itself out naturally while I get to relax, I think.
Excercise is OK, I've gone out for a walk every day despite being ill. But I haven't done any aerobics. I did do some gentle yoga instead.

Glad to see you back dear :hug:

I've been offline a lot too, still feeling unwell. I got tested, it's not corona but I guess it's the stress from the past month coming out.

However, our holiday has started now. Oldest stepson has moved to his new place, and the youngest is staying with his mom for 3 weeks of summer holiday. After that he'll spend 3 weeks with us. So we're getting some much needed rest, and resting is all we've done this weekend so far.

As for my diet, weight loss has still stalled. It's not moving up or down, I suspect stress and feeling ill might contribute. It will sort itself out naturally while I get to relax, I think.
Excercise is OK, I've gone out for a walk every day despite being ill. But I haven't done any aerobics. I did do some gentle yoga instead.
Hi, Sorry for the delay. I ended up back in the hospital. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm hoping you can rest and restore while you have the downtime. I'm not very familiar with your area. Is it cool there now or do you have distinguishable seasons? I'm glad you enjoy walking and have been going at your pace.

I'm going to run for now. I've in quite a bit of pain at the moment but I will stop in again in a few hours. :hug:

Hi, Sorry for the delay. I ended up back in the hospital. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. I'm hoping you can rest and restore while you have the downtime. I'm not very familiar with your area. Is it cool there now or do you have distinguishable seasons? I'm glad you enjoy walking and have been going at your pace.

I'm going to run for now. I've in quite a bit of pain at the moment but I will stop in again in a few hours. :hug:
I am sorry to hear that! And sorry for not sending you a PM, but as said here I wasn't online much either and very busy. Hope you are recovering now :hug:also sorry Hemulen for not replying, I was really caught up in other things, hope you don't mind.

We've already been called again by the institution today that eldest stepson is 'not complying with our hygiene rules' and they want an emergency meeting about it tomorrow... this while they said they were prepared.. *sigh* my husband is not getting any rest, as the curator is only starting 6 weeks from now and before that they might still be able to kick my stepson out. So we're feeling the strain again.

It's summer here, normally we have 4 distinguishable seasons, but currently we've got an extremely wet & grey summer so far. Our weather is very much the same as the British weather, so lots of rain.

I am ok otherwise, started intermittent fasting on top of my diet to see if it makes a difference. So I am not eating between 16 in the afternoon till 07.00 in the morning. Walking & excercise is still not going great as I am still not that well.

I started another diet and my goal is to lose about 5 kilo in the future. Now I want to avoid carbs and fat, and I cook my food just for 1-2 minutes in boiling water or broth to get as much vitamins as possible while the parasites and their eggs are getting killed. Plus I planned to eat about the recommended amount of meat per week (300-600g) and don't use salt in my own kitchen anymore. Exercising is still not an option for me, because I want to work as much as possible in the kitchen, so I can gain enough experience.

Back
Top Bottom