Lifestyle changes

Oh and I should also mention that I went out for a walk every day this week. My goal is 3000 steps ( yes really low but I am asthmatic, recovering from lung embolisms and severely out of shape) . So far I manage to get close or over that every day.
Goal for april is 4000 steps a day, and continuing until I manage at least 8000 steps a day by the end of 2021. I hope.

I'm so happy to hear your pain is getting better, I hope the other symptoms are easing as well.

I managed to do a week with only 12 easter eggs and one slice of Kipling christmas cake as candy! Yay :dance:

It's been challenging but I've done pretty well. Desserts are excluded from my challenge, as we almost only eat them when out for dinner or on a special occasion like yesterday.

Oh and I should also mention that I went out for a walk every day this week. My goal is 3000 steps ( yes really low but I am asthmatic, recovering from lung embolisms and severely out of shape) . So far I manage to get close or over that every day.
Goal for april is 4000 steps a day, and continuing until I manage at least 8000 steps a day by the end of 2021. I hope.
Way to go!!!! That's awesome.

P.S. Thanks. I'm feeling a bit stronger every day.

I bought a 7-day Ultimate Cleanse and started it this morning. My goal is to complete the 7 days while juice fasting.

11.jpg

How is everybody doing today?

Trust me it feels like a lot to me too, but the government here recommends 10.000 steps a day so I am nowhere near in shape either

I learned:

Ten thousand steps equates to about eight kilometres, or an hour and 40 minutes walking, depending on your stride length and walking speed.

There can't be many people who achieve that unless they walk a lot in their work. Given that I walk quite slowly compared to a younger person it would probably take me 2 hours.

I learned:

There can't be many people who achieve that unless they walk a lot in their work. Given that I walk quite slowly compared to a younger person it would probably take me 2 hours.
I used to walk 40 kilometres a week for my job, so I am used to being very fit ( before I got ill) and used to walk 2 hours a day before I had my surgery. So 10.000 steps would have been easy for me in the past, though I do believe it's a really high bar for government recommendations that not many will achieve.

I just miss being fit like that. I know I'll probably not reach that goal anymore, but I will try.

If I have a full day, like going to the shops, doing some house and/or yard work, that sort of thing, I can reach 10K steps pretty easily. My issue is carrying my phone for all that to prove it. :laugh:

I think the most I walked in a single day was a bit over 19K steps during a long day of sightseeing in Prague (which was followed by around 15k steps the next day).

My employer actually pays a little money into our medical spending accounts if we adopt healthy behaviors, and if I walk 6K steps a day, I get a certain amount of credit, a bit more for 7K, and the most for 10K. I usually reach the low threshold, occasionally the middle, but rarely these days do I hit the high mark.

I'm plugging along. Drank water and fresh carrot juice yesterday.

I downloaded a pedometer app and will keep track of my steps (inspiration from Windigo). I only leave for doctors' appointments these days so I don't expect to break any World Records. Ha Ha.

I hope to start on yoga soon. I don't want to push myself too fast because it could knock me down. I want to go slow and steady.

I skipped breakfast this morning (I did not feel like it), just a coffee (and before that a big glass of water).
I walked enough this morning although I would have liked to walk more but the heat was already unbearable around 9am, so I ended up doing some exercises at home like pushing the wall to strengthen arms and shoulders, some bending ('some' actually means 2, ahhaa)

I did another short walk after lunch, but ditto as above, it's really hot today so I walked only for about 20 minutes and then back home. A little culinary indulgence: a small piece of dark chocolate and I enjoyed it more than usual :)

I'm plugging along. Drank water and fresh carrot juice yesterday.

I downloaded a pedometer app and will keep track of my steps (inspiration from Windigo). I only leave for doctors' appointments these days so I don't expect to break any World Records. Ha Ha.

I hope to start on yoga soon. I don't want to push myself too fast because it could knock me down. I want to go slow and steady.

Yoga is a great way to relax and keep fit in a gentle, unhurried way. A little at a time, slow and steady as you said, that's the right mood :thumbsup:

Also I should mention I've been meditating steadily every evening for the past 3 years, I am currently on a streak of 610 days according to my app. It's a great way to improve mental focus during the day and also to unwind in the evening.

Otherwise I'm doing fine, I'm averaging 500 to 700 calories less consumed than I normally would so some weight loss should come even with all my challenging conditions making it difficult. I do struggle with my energy level, I'm sleeping nights of 10 hours or more and am still tired. No that's not from sleeping too much, it's fatigue from chronic illness. Not much can be done about that, doctors have no solution either. Fatigue is hard to deal with, it makes me unable to do a lot of things I want to do.

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom