Lifestyle changes

Glad you are doing well and have a plan. Mrs. B sounds like an awesome lady. ;-)
Thanks, I just think it's unfair that she eats the same sized meals as me and never puts on weight. She put on these R/Lauren trs she bought in Sawgrass Mills 21 yrs ago. The first pic was then, the second was her doing her Tai Chi Kata on the beach last year.

It's only my own personal experience, but I've lived most of my life around working musicians, and in my opinion, the legal stuff is worse than the illegal stuff. I've seen more damage from pills and booze than I have about anything else.
Same here. I tried everything I could that did not need to be injected. Mrs B is very anti drug, When I met her I was still smoking weed and doing marching powder and booze at the weekend. She refused to marry me unless I stopped so I stopped. The economy here does not support illegal opiates. Booze and tobacco were the hardest to stop.

Thanks, I just think it's unfair that she eats the same sized meals as me and never puts on weight. She put on these R/Lauren trs she bought in Sawgrass Mills 21 yrs ago. The first pic was then, the second was her doing her Tai Chi Kata on the beach last year.View attachment 58200

View attachment 58201
My husband is the same. I cook for us, and he eats the same things as me yet he's slim and I am not. A surgeon told me to 'take an example from your husband, he's slim' what example? He eats whatever I cook and hasn't gained an inch in three years of marriage while he's exercising less than me. Yeah, it's not always as simple as looks alone may let it seem.

My husband is the same. I cook for us, and he eats the same things as me yet he's slim and I am not. A surgeon told me to 'take an example from your husband, he's slim' what example? He eats whatever I cook and hasn't gained an inch in three years of marriage while he's exercising less than me. Yeah, it's not always as simple as looks alone may let it seem.

Same here!

Reactions: mjd

Does he eat things like the Easter eggs, though?

Men can eat up to 500 more calories a day than us. Its not fair!

Does he eat things like the Easter eggs, though?

Men can eat up to 500 more calories a day than us. Its not fair!
He doesn't eat sweets, doesn't like them. But his BMI says he is overweight though he looks slim, so the surgeon was wrong on all counts except asserting that I was fat, which is not exactly news.
He does drink beer and eat savory snacks though, in the evening.

There are a number of things which I view as forcing lifestyle changes ....

1) Money (abundance or lack)
2) Growing old
3) Health
4) Environment (school, military, location, work, etc.)
5) Interpersonal (friends, intimate relationships, etc.)
6) Personal (intentional changes)

There may be some other category to take note of, but these (I think) are the main ones, in order of highest to lowest impact.

Thanks, I just think it's unfair that she eats the same sized meals as me and never puts on weight. She put on these R/Lauren trs she bought in Sawgrass Mills 21 yrs ago. The first pic was then, the second was her doing her Tai Chi Kata on the beach last year.View attachment 58200

View attachment 58201
You're not alone. My ex-h can eat ANYTHING and never gains more than 5-10 lbs. Our son is the same way.

P.S. Your wife is so pretty. ;-)

Hi everyone!

I'm starting to feel better. The unrelenting pain is mostly gone. I had two clementines this morning. I ran out of bottled water (drank 12 bottles yesterday) so I'll have some green tea for today and will get more water tomorrow.

How is everybody doing? :p:

I’m very glad to hear you are getting better! :thumbsup:

I’m also so impressed of how much water you drink, I’m still an amateur :laugh:
I had a very long walk in the sunshine, lunch has been very light - only ham and a salad and drank 1 bottle and half of water so far.
I’m feeling good, but I need to eat more legumes and meat for my iron levels. Well, something I can do pretty easily 🙂

I’m very glad to hear you are getting better! :thumbsup:

I’m also so impressed of how much water you drink, I’m still an amateur :laugh:
I had a very long walk in the sunshine, lunch has been very light - only ham and a salad and drank 1 bottle and half of water so far.
I’m feeling good, but I need to eat more legumes and meat for my iron levels. Well, something I can do pretty easily 🙂
Thank you, dear. :love:

Water is my favorite now that I don't really drink milk (too much mucous exacerbates my asthma) or soda too often. Years ago, I heard someone say that what we think are hunger pains is really the body needing water. I don't know how true that is. LOL

I'm glad you are getting out in the sunshine. A nice walk on a beautiful day lifts the spirits.

Sounds like you're doing great with your meals. Good job!!!

Thank you, dear. :love:

Water is my favorite now that I don't really drink milk (too much mucous exacerbates my asthma) or soda too often. Years ago, I heard someone say that what we think are hunger pains is really the body needing water. I don't know how true that is. LOL

I'm glad you are getting out in the sunshine. A nice walk on a beautiful day lifts the spirits.

Sounds like you're doing great with your meals. Good job!!!

I’ve heard the same thing about drinking water and hunger pains. Was the same person? :laugh:
I also don’t know how true is, I think that our body needs anyway water. But what I know and still do, is to drink water (whatever the quantity) as soon as I got up in the morning. Then I have (even if not always) a glass of water with a pinch of turmeric and a drizzle of lemon juice and/or a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup, then a coffee.
You can’t drink also vegetable drink as subs of milk?

Yes I’m doing great with my meals but I’m hungry..... I think that a couple of biscuits and a tea might work... and a pizza to follow :laugh:

I’ve heard the same thing about drinking water and hunger pains. Was the same person? :laugh:
I also don’t know how true is, I think that our body needs anyway water. But what I know and still do, is to drink water (whatever the quantity) as soon as I got up in the morning. Then I have (even if not always) a glass of water with a pinch of turmeric and a drizzle of lemon juice and/or a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup, then a coffee.
You can’t drink also vegetable drink as subs of milk?

Yes I’m doing great with my meals but I’m hungry..... I think that a couple of biscuits and a tea might work... and a pizza to follow :laugh:
Maybe it was the same person. I can't remember where I heard that (Some-timers ;-).

Yes, I can drink vegetable juices. I usually make them fresh with a juice extractor. I don't care for the bottled juices because they have too much sugar and/or additives. I like water so I don't necessarily feel deprived by drinking it.

I have done several fasts in the past (on purpose, unrelated to my current GI issues) and it's really hard the first few days. After that, the body stops craving foods and it gets easier.

Do you think you feel hungry because your body is missing something or do you feel like you are deprived of something? I ask because our cravings for specific things is usually a signal that we are missing a vitamin or nutrient the body needs. If it's a sense of deprivation, it's a trained mental habit that can be broken. Does that make sense?

Maybe it was the same person. I can't remember where I heard that (Some-timers ;-).

Yes, I can drink vegetable juices. I usually make them fresh with a juice extractor. I don't care for the bottled juices because they have too much sugar and/or additives. I like water so I don't necessarily feel deprived by drinking it.

I have done several fasts in the past (on purpose, unrelated to my current GI issues) and it's really hard the first few days. After that, the body stops craving foods and it gets easier.

Do you think you feel hungry because your body is missing something or do you feel like you are deprived of something? I ask because our cravings for specific things is usually a signal that we are missing a vitamin or nutrient the body needs. If it's a sense of deprivation, it's a trained mental habit that can be broken. Does that make sense?

I think is more related to mental habit, I feel somehow deprived of something but if I stop to think better, I gave to my body all the necessary. Ham and salad were just perfect, perfectly balanced and in a right quantity. Probably because my mind thinks “gosh, it’s Sunday, you should have a proper Sunday lunch: primo, secondo, contorno”
The funny thing is that on Sunday lunch I usually eat a bit more than other days but only in “normal times”, when I had a stress working week, less time to eat (and cook) and Sunday represents an enjoyable relaxing day where to indulge with something more.
But in this situation, Sunday is alike to every other day.
So yes, it’s a petty mental joke that I’m fighting. A little peckish is ok, but being hungry not. I have already passed through this kind of thought years ago, I only need to stay focused on my goal and repeat “you are not starving, your body is more than ok!”

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm starting to feel better. The unrelenting pain is mostly gone. I had two clementines this morning. I ran out of bottled water (drank 12 bottles yesterday) so I'll have some green tea for today and will get more water tomorrow.

How is everybody doing? :p:
I'm so happy to hear your pain is getting better, I hope the other symptoms are easing as well.

I managed to do a week with only 12 easter eggs and one slice of Kipling christmas cake as candy! Yay :dance:

It's been challenging but I've done pretty well. Desserts are excluded from my challenge, as we almost only eat them when out for dinner or on a special occasion like yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom