Lifestyle changes

Doing okay. I'm in quite a bit of pain today. My toilet broke yesterday so the maintenance guy is waiting for a plumber to show up. My caregiver said I can stay with her if it doesn't get fixed today. She's a sweetheart. I didn't take the iron pills my doctor prescribed because I already have issues with regularity. I've been eating more red meat and it worked. My blood test came back normal so no more anemia. The p/t comes tomorrow and will do a new assessment to measure my progress. I know it's been helping because I haven't fallen lately. That's always good thing!

How is everybody doing?
Great to hear you are no longer anemic! And sorry that you are in so much pain :hug:

I'm OK, had a really bad night because I had an asthma attack that kept me awake half the night and I woke up much too early.
Did manage to do aerobics again today.

Reactions: mjd
Great to hear you are no longer anemic! And sorry that you are in so much pain :hug:

I'm OK, had a really bad night because I had an asthma attack that kept me awake half the night and I woke up much too early.
Did manage to do aerobics again today.
Thank you, dear. Some days are just that way. I try to focus on the things I have control over so this doesn't eat me alive. ;-)

Sorry you didn't get enough rest. I had a really bad asthma attack yesterday because I forgot to close my window when I heard the mowers. I don't like the nebulizer. It's so annoying. lol I haven't seen updates so I hope you were able to more rest since this post.

:hug:

Thank you, dear. Some days are just that way. I try to focus on the things I have control over so this doesn't eat me alive. ;-)

Sorry you didn't get enough rest. I had a really bad asthma attack yesterday because I forgot to close my window when I heard the mowers. I don't like the nebulizer. It's so annoying. lol I haven't seen updates so I hope you were able to more rest since this post.

:hug:
Hope you're feeling better now :hug:

I had a bit of an unusual weekend, we had a guest yesterday and were otherwise pretty busy. I did excercise but not as much as normal, and I definitely ate a little more than normal. Back on track tomorrow, we're having pizza tonight.
It was fun though, great to be able to have a visitor over again.

Hope you're feeling better now :hug:

I had a bit of an unusual weekend, we had a guest yesterday and were otherwise pretty busy. I did excercise but not as much as normal, and I definitely ate a little more than normal. Back on track tomorrow, we're having pizza tonight.
It was fun though, great to be able to have a visitor over again.
I'm getting there. Thanks.

I'm glad you had a chance to visit with a friend. I'm an introvert by nature so it doesn't bother me to be isolated. In fact, I prefer it. ;-)

Here's a funny for you:

One of my neighbors is so nosy. He would meet me in the parking lot to help me unload after a shopping trip. He'd stand around in my apartment just chattering. He was really just interested in what I bought (must have a boring life ;-).

He would often tell me that other neighbors thought I moved out because they never see me. That's by design. I do my laundry and get my mail after midnight. I'm not on parole with anybody so I don't have to report my daily activities (lol).

One day, I guess my non-response got to him and he blurted out "What the hell do you do all day in your apartment?"

I replied "Kazinsky is my hero. I'm building a bomb."

He never questioned me again. :giggle:

I hope you enjoy your pizza and continue to have a good day!

Had a difficult night. I have a call into my doctor's office. I think it might be a bleeding stomach ulcer. I just can't get comfortable and it hurts to eat (which is probably a good thing ;-). I'll probably have to go back to the GI.

How is everybody doing?

P.S. Please know that I appreciate all of you so much and send you happy thoughts every day even when I don't post much. :love:

Had a difficult night. I have a call into my doctor's office. I think it might be a bleeding stomach ulcer. I just can't get comfortable and it hurts to eat (which is probably a good thing ;-). I'll probably have to go back to the GI.

How is everybody doing?

P.S. Please know that I appreciate all of you so much and send you happy thoughts every day even when I don't post much. :love:
Please let us know what the doc says.

Fighting spirit and good luck for your personal struggles! It's great to hear that you're focusing on yourself and your artistic talents, mjd! Way to go. Digital designing project... I'm jealous. I'm still a bit worn out due to family matters, so I'm reluctant to develop self-imposed design projects, chase potential customers or attend virtual courses. I'm waiting to attend boring seminars - absolutely no design projects - in the fall in my so called design studies.

My health has improved with a miraculous one-pill-a-day synthetic JAK inhibitor RA med. I no longer have occasional heart palpitations, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea or tummy aches from inoperative cell blocker injections, tablets or NSAIDs (painkillers). No more sore joints or morning stiffness either, so I've been doing a lot of garden work and lost a portion of my belly fat. I'm not overweight but I developed a disgusting love handle and cellulite during the months I mapped and rendered wood veneers 24/7.

I'm happy, Windigo, that your stepson has found a care home, so you can keep your mind at rest and focus on your wellbeing. MypinchofItaly, I hope you are gradually recovering from the loss of your father and that your mom is doing well. I lost my dad 5,5 years ago and my mom, stepmom and stepdad are developing all kinds of geriatric problems. (Generation-wise), I'm not afraid of being the next in line but the transition from an adult child into a partial caretaker is challenging - at least for me.

Thank you for your kind thought Hemulen , I really appreciate it.
I had two very difficult and horrible months. Had to manage so many things: dad’s loss has been challenging mostly because unexpected. Then mom’s dementia, not easy at all. My brother and me beside the pain, had to face also burocratic issues, work, mom, families, but now little by little looks like things are going a bit better. I still have problems to sleep properly but the natural essence drops I take are helping me. And luckily they are helping mom to stay calmer.
I’ve taken her with me to Rome for about a week (we are still here). She looks happy even if lost sometimes.
I am glad to have great friends and a lovely husband next to me. Other so-called friends instead just went away, I won’t look for them though. I need real people!

Thank you for your kind thought Hemulen , I really appreciate it.
I had two very difficult and horrible months. Had to manage so many things: dad’s loss has been challenging mostly because unexpected. Then mom’s dementia, not easy at all. My brother and me beside the pain, had to face also burocratic issues, work, mom, families, but now little by little looks like things are going a bit better. I still have problems to sleep properly but the natural essence drops I take are helping me. And luckily they are helping mom to stay calmer.
I’ve taken her with me to Rome for about a week (we are still here). She looks happy even if lost sometimes.
I am glad to have great friends and a lovely husband next to me. Other so-called friends instead just went away, I won’t look for them though. I need real people!
You got it honey bun!!! :love:

P.S. Don't even get me started on fake "friends". Ugh. I would break the site if I started. ;-)

I just collapsed in the shower. My caregiver caught me before I hit the tub bottom. Luckily, I have a shower chair and bars. The GI and my PCP are closed today for the holiday so one more day of trying to stay out the ER. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for caring. :hug:
Doesn't this mean you need the ER now darling? That's seriously concerning. Hugs! :hug:

What did your caregiver say about it?

I just collapsed in the shower. My caregiver caught me before I hit the tub bottom. Luckily, I have a shower chair and bars. The GI and my PCP are closed today for the holiday so one more day of trying to stay out the ER. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for caring. :hug:
You might want to rethink the ER.

:hug:unfortunately this happens most of the time when shtf, the three years I spent staying in hospitals way too often I only had one friend ever visit me and only three ever wrote a card. Even when I was in the IC three times.

I'm OK, weighed myself again (I know it's better not to) but it was reassuring to me as I still weighed the same even after I 'indulged' this weekend. My ED brain really proves itself wrong time and again 😊

Managed to do some important house work like 3 loads of laundry, but that was it for the day. The excercise part hasn't been as impressive the past week.

Back
Top Bottom