Mix salmon and smoked salmon pasta

I think smoked salmon and a creamy sauce would work well as a pasta sauce.

CD

Hi chaps I can think of no reason not to make a creamy spaghetti sauce with fresh and smoked salmon … any thoughts please ?

I think it will be fine but be sure to add some lemon zest stirred through. It will really brighten the flavour. Dill sprinkled over the top would also be good.

Hi chaps I can think of no reason not to make a creamy spaghetti sauce with fresh and smoked salmon … any thoughts please ?
IMO, sour cream, fennel, dill, white pepper, mild Alliums like shallots, scallions and chives, roasted pine kernels or almond flakes (or nutty dukkah), acerbic/bitter green bell peppers, swedes, radishes and endives go well with salmon-based dishes and sauces - and so does chil(l)i and (as for most seafood) citrus zests, like MG previously pointed out. E.g. grapefruit zest gives a nice, tangy flavor. Sweet'n'sour (or just a hint of sweetness like 1/2 tsp honey) works well with salmon too. Just think about teriyaki salmon or ponzu salmon... Yum. Is the intention to produce a more subtle, smoky flavor with the combination of fresh and smoked salmon? Extra condiments or veggies might do the same trick.

Last edited:
As ever all excellent suggestions chaps, good of you. I could easily have thrown this together and it would have been good but some of these refinements will make all the difference … a hint of citrus and honey, I also have some peeled deseeded tomatoes … cheers !

Back
Top Bottom