More Cookery Books.

On the topic of cookery books - anyone still buy 'celebrity' cook books?
HMMM
Not current "celebrities". I have Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, one of Emeril's books, and Hooks Lies and Alibis by John Folse, a New Orleans semi-celebrity.
I do have a few favorite recipes by "celebrity chefs".

HMMM
Not current "celebrities". I have Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking, one of Emeril's books, and Hooks Lies and Alibis by John Folse, a New Orleans semi-celebrity.
I do have a few favorite recipes by "celebrity chefs".

I may pick this up used, just for fun.

1697640776156.png

CD

caseydog and LissaC
:hyper: :laugh::bravo:
I have watched a few of the episodes of Snoop cooking with Martha Stewart. LMAO.
I think a Snoop Dog cookbook would be a riot. Add a pinch of salt and a Tsp. of crushed Mary Jane with buds.

He has a new book coming out, co-written with a rapper friend of his who is supposedly a great cook. Some of the recipes sound like good munchies food. :laugh:

1697842816017.png

CD

In my college days, early '70's brownies were a thing. My middle sister and her best friend were renting a house just off campus and across the street from a frat house. The frat boys were annoying with their loud parties. They were also enamored with my lovely sister and her lovely friend. I remember visiting Sis and Mel when a couple of the frat boys showed up with a pan of brownies. I knew what they were, so did Sis. Mel was clueless. She scarfed down one, thought it was the best brownie she had ever eaten. She scarfed down a second brownie and started giggling. We tried to stop her from eating a third brownie. She grabbed it and stuffed it in her mouth. She was so crazy we nearly had to lasso her to get her to bed. Those were the days my friend, we thought theye'd never end.

Brownies are great, you don't crush your lungs and as the high is super relaxing it's perfect for stressed people

Stopped at a wine tasting/restaurant way up in the hills on Corfu, and bought this cookbook, written by the owner:

IMG_6494.jpeg

Two cookbooks from the discount shop:
IMG_7974.jpeg
IMG_7975.jpeg

That one was $3. Yeah, how many ways can you make lasagna, but…$3!

IMG_7976.jpeg
IMG_7977.jpeg

I’m really looking forward to this one, over 300 pages, and it’s a lot more than just recipes. Talks about a lot of the history and the area.

Really nice hardcover book, beautiful photography…it set me back a whopping $6!

Back
Top Bottom