More Kitchen Toys!!

Oh Goodness, broken, twice...
This is just a local store. A well known one, but local. I bought a lot from them, the fridge, stove, vac cleaner,twice, what else...🤔
Oh, my mistake, I thought I'd read that you'd ordered it through Amazon.

Local shop should treat you right.

I hate that process. I buy all my camera equipment from a local Dallas camera store. If something happens to my 5-year-old camera, I just take it to Eugene (store owner), and he deals with it -- and gives me a free loaner while mine is gone. I wish everything worked that way.

CD

I went to get a new battery for my watch and they asked my name, within seconds they knew more about me than my doctor!!

Watch was 14 years old and knackered. I bought a new one.

Russ

I went to get a new battery for my watch and they asked my name, within seconds they knew more about me than my doctor!!

Watch was 14 years old and knackered. I bought a new one.

Russ

My MINI dealership was amazing. All this company's dealerships are the same way. I would roll into the service department, and someone would open the door for me and say, "Good morning mister caseydog, you are here for an oil change?" It took me a couple of times to figure it out, but they had a system that read a toll tag or license plate, and put your name on a computer screen for the service staff to see, with the reason for your appointment, so they could greet you. They also knew you had reserved a free loaner car, and had that brought around for you.

CD

My MINI dealership was amazing. All this company's dealerships are the same way. I would roll into the service department, and someone would open the door for me and say, "Good morning mister caseydog, you are here for an oil change?" It took me a couple of times to figure it out, but they had a system that read a toll tag or license plate, and put your name on a computer screen for the service staff to see, with the reason for your appointment, so they could greet you. They also knew you had reserved a free loaner car, and had that brought around for you.

CD

Don't think I'll get a car when my watch gets the next battery? :)

Seriously, that's good service.

My wife's car last brake repair had a choice of 3 cars for me to choose for the afternoon. I didn't want the electric one, I picked the old 4 on the floor banger.

Russ

Good. You have a relationship with them. That should make things easy. Fingers crossed.

CD
Well, I feel I have a relationship with them...you think it should help? I hope so. Let us see. The basic point is, I paid, I want it to work.
Thank you! That is sweet of you.
Have to put a reminder to call them. So that I don't forget in the school jungle😊

I also need to call the library for kid's book. And dentist for my Mom. Have reminders for those.👍

I picked up 1 if these at the grocery. It is actually cheaper on Amazon. Should have looked there first. It comes with a guard for the blade. There's a reason for that I found out when I accidentally brushed my knuckles against it. Works great though.
It's a KitchenAid Euro peeler. Around $10 or a bit less.

2021-05-10 11.39.51.png

Last edited:
I picked up 1 if these at the grocery. It is actually cheaper on Amazon. Should have looked there first. It comes with a guard for the blade. There's a reason for that I found out when I accidentally brushed my knuckles against it. Works great though.
It's a KirchenAid Euro peeler. Around $10 or a bit less.

View attachment 62994

A bit surprised by this - but only because I'd have thought you would use a Y shaped speed peeler. Much faster and easier in my view.

I'm not sure if it qualifies as a "toy" but I've just had the call that my new dishwasher is arriving on Thursday :hyper: Why so excited you might ask? Well I ordered it back in September and what with Covid and Brexit, it has been a tad delayed. My kitchen makeover will soon be complete :okay:

It took me three months to get my new refrigerator, thanks to Covid supply chain issues.

CD

Back
Top Bottom