More Kitchen Toys!!

20210526_131614_resized.jpg
We just had our new home cooler/fridge & freezer combo installed. The box didn't fit in the elevator/lift, so the poor guys had to move both the old and the new apparatus with an electric hand truck via the spiral staircase (3rd floor apt).

Boy!! That looks like a huge industrial-type unit!!!! :whistling:
It's not that huge: the same size as conventional Finnish side by side fridge-freezer combos (120 cm/47'' wide, 206 cm/81.1'' high, ~63 cm/25'' deep). Visible steel doors and the fridge being wider than the freezer make the device look slightly industrial. This is the only home cooler type fridge-freezer made in Finland - and definitely on the costly side - but the former one lasted for more than twenty years. In addition, this was a home appliance store showpiece with a reasonable discount. Like everybody else who's interested in this particular fridge-freezer, we phoned the nearby manufacturer first to ask for second-rate pieces with minor surface flaws. At the moment they only had one white returned version from 2018 - and we wanted a new one with steel doors.

Last edited:
It sure looks expensive!! So expensive that it should've came with a through-the-door ice & chilled water dispenser!! :whistling:

Mines a maytag with crushed ice or semi circle whole and water.

Russ

That's pretty much what everyone buys here. The water is chilled and charcoal filtered, which eliminates the need for bottled water. That's the best part, for me.

CD

That's pretty much what everyone buys here. The water is chilled and charcoal filtered, which eliminates the need for bottled water. That's the best part, for me.

CD

Ditto with wife with water and the wee ones love drinking from it as well. My ice is filtered so that's gotta be good for the gin? :)
Mine is still making ice now from last nights useage.

Russ

I'm the odd one out in that we purposely bought a fridge with no through-the-door ice maker or water dispenser. Every single one any of my family/friends have ever owned has been more trouble than it was worth.

I'm the odd one out in that we purposely bought a fridge with no through-the-door ice maker or water dispenser. Every single one any of my family/friends have ever owned has been more trouble than it was worth.

No trouble here, but hey I bought the best. One hiccup though soon sorted. I use bags of ice with my drinks, bags!!
When on holiday I buy 2 bags of ice a night/day, so my kids bought me a mini maker, it's brilliant.

Russ

No trouble here, but hey I bought the best. One hiccup though soon sorted. I use bags of ice with my drinks, bags!!
When on holiday I buy 2 bags of ice a night/day, so my kids bought me a mini maker, it's brilliant.

Russ

Maytag used to be a premium brand here, but like Kenmore, they went downhill fast, and went out of business. I don't know who owns the Maytag brand now -- of if you can even get it here.

CD

Back
Top Bottom