More Kitchen Toys!!

Many years ago I bought my current Chef's knife mail order from Bangkok. It arrived in a box three times the size that was necessary and was loose. The point of the knife had penetrated the cardboard and it was only by luck that the postman (or I) wasn't injured.

I complained to the supplier and their response was "difficult to get decent staff these days".

The knife didn't have a tip protector.
Yeah, I just didn't see the protector, I think it was the lack of color contrast from my eyes perspective. I recall seeing this knife but the marketing was different.

https://www.amazon.ca/Butcher-Multi...ld=1&keywords=Promithi&qid=1625742704&sr=8-10

Also if you scroll down the page it's marketed under a few different brands.

Have you used it? How do you like it?

CD

I used it this morning but only to chop potatoes and cauliflower. It doesn't strike me as other than a sharp knife but I find the weight comforting. The finger hole may take a little getting used to.

I used it this morning but only to chop potatoes and cauliflower. It doesn't strike me as other than a sharp knife but I find the weight comforting. The finger hole may take a little getting used to.

Yeah, that finger hole looks a bit odd to me, but I'm no expert. I'm not thinking I would use it. I could put my thumb and forefinger on the blade above the hole??? My normal knife hold would probably miss the hole.

If it feels good in your hand, you will love it. I hope that is the case.

CD

Yeah, that finger hole looks a bit odd to me, but I'm no expert. I'm not thinking I would use it. I could put my thumb and forefinger on the blade above the hole??? My normal knife hold would probably miss the hole.

If it feels good in your hand, you will love it. I hope that is the case.

CD

It feels OK but I was a little apprehensive about peeling and chopping garlic with it so I reverted to my trusty chef's knife.

Had THIS delivered the other day! It's insulated, & there's a storage spot in the lid for the tongs that comes with it. I like the copper finish. It matches the color of the ice maker!! :whistling:

It feels OK but I was a little apprehensive about peeling and chopping garlic with it so I reverted to my trusty chef's knife.
How has the knife worked out? It just looks uncomfortable and nonconforming in an ergonomic way. For example, I just can't imagine putting my finger through that hole, makes no sense whatsoever in a professional kitchen but casually at home, who knows. Cheers.

How has the knife worked out? It just looks uncomfortable and nonconforming in an ergonomic way. For example, I just can't imagine putting my finger through that hole, makes no sense whatsoever in a professional kitchen but casually at home, who knows. Cheers.

I've tried using the fingerhole but it wasn't really comfortable. I just hold it as a normal chef's knife and it's adequate. I like the weight and the balance.

I was brave enough to chop garlic with it yesterday.

Pretty happy right now:

On that mini salad spinner, I've been trying to buy one for the last month, and they've been sold out at all the online places I checked, including Amazon.

Walked into the home shop today, grabbed the food mill, and turned around, did a double-take to be sure, and there sat the little spinner, and a cheaper price than I was seeing online.

To quote Austin Powers, "Yes, please!"

Pretty happy right now:
View attachment 68358

On that mini salad spinner, I've been trying to buy one for the last month, and they've been sold out at all the online places I checked, including Amazon.

Walked into the home shop today, grabbed the food mill, and turned around, did a double-take to be sure, and there sat the little spinner, and a cheaper price than I was seeing online.

To quote Austin Powers, "Yes, please!"

I have the OXO mini spinner. It is just the right size for my needs.

CD

Back
Top Bottom