Recipe & Video Mushroom Wellington

I have only used their service a few times, and like any other curbside, it can be hit or miss. I too had an issue once or twice with incorrect items or poor quality. I called them. They credited it back to my credit card and did not want the items back. No hassle at all.
I don't know if it's across all their stores but our store won't give credits for any food products at all. It's been that way since March or April.

I don't know if it's across all their stores but our store won't give credits for any food products at all. It's been that way since March or April.
Apparently not across all the stores because the ones in NE Ohio have no problems with fixing any problems that have occurred. And I decline substitutions always, no matter where I am shopping.

I think I might like to try this mushroom Wellington sometime, I think my hubby would love it!

Apparently not across all the stores because the ones in NE Ohio have no problems with fixing any problems that have occurred. And I decline substitutions always, no matter where I am shopping.

I think I might like to try this mushroom Wellington sometime, I think my hubby would love it!
Ugh. I didn't explain that well. I understand that your store is giving credits. I INTENDED to convey that our local store *claims* it is a global policy due to COVID. Clearly, that's not the case for your location.

I look forward to you making this dish. I would love to know how it turns out for you.

I have only used their service a few times, and like any other curbside, it can be hit or miss. I too had an issue once or twice with incorrect items or poor quality. I called them. They credited it back to my credit card and did not want the items back. No hassle at all.

Sorry to divert the lovely thread.

I have always wanted to make beef Wellington, but I am not fond of liver and most recipes call for pate or something similar. I do like mushrooms, is it because of the umami flavor of the mushrooms that no sort of meaty-flavored paste has to be used?
You are spot on there, personally i never make it with pate, its too rich for my tastes and i find that i stop enjoying it half way through. The mushroom duxelle adds another texture and can be flavoured with all sorts.

When my bank has recovered a little from christmas i will try and get a video done on it for you.

Until then, stick to fillet steak, mustard, duxelle, prosciutto (or ham, bacon etc) pancake, pastry.

Just watched the video. Its excellent. Concise, clear and instructive which is everything I want from a video recipe. :okay:
Im happy to hear that! I do like to stick to the point, i get a lot of feedback saying that i should be more entertaining and enthusiastic in my videos but that's not what im about. I just want to get people cooking proper food for themselves and stop this microwave meal diet that seems to plague so many people.

I find it sad when young adults cant cook themselves a simple meal and have to resort to pre made sub standard food.

The college i work at has a chicken and chip shop over the road and at lunchtime the queue is about 30 people long for over an hour every day, it amazes me every time that someone would be willing to wait half an hour 3 times a week for this! Dont get me wrong, i like fried chicken as much as the next person (occasionally) but surely spending that time standing in a queue could be used to cook yourself something amazing! Sorry. Rant over.

I have used their curbside pick-up. I don't mind it for items that are non-perishables but it's been hit-or-miss for meats and deli items. Also, they don't have any method for substitutions on specific products (you can either accept or decline ALL substitutions). They have one employee who is very good at personal shopping but the rest are younger kids that can't identify some produce or products. It's not convenient to have items I can't use or don't want and that's compounded now because there is a pause on accepting any food returns due to COVID.

I really enjoy being on this forum and love reading all the recipes and trying them. It's just frustrating when I have no idea how to locate certain products and I feel like I'm being annoying when I have to ask.

That's the nice thing about living in a major metropolitan area. I can get pretty much anything. I may have to do a little driving for some things, but I can get it.

CD

ChefBasics
I love your video. Organized, clear and concise without a lot of chatter. I hate "how to" videos where the presenter is disorganized and goes on and on about their personal life. Your Mushroom Wellington would be a lovely alternative to the very expensive Beef Wellington. Thank you.
The Late Night Gourmet
We both love beef wellington. At $20 per lb for Filet of Beef it is a special occasion dish. IDK your method. I purchase my Filet of Beef from my neighborhood market. They custom cut it for me. A uniform dimeter is critical. I use Duxelle and Prosciutto. I use Gordon Ramsay's recipe/method. The beef is tightly wrapped in cling wrap after seasoning, searing and coating with mustard then refrigerated. It is refrigerated again after being fully assembled and wrapped tightly in cling wrap. I think tightly wrapping in cling wrap and refrigerating makes a difference.

ChefBasics
I love your video. Organized, clear and concise without a lot of chatter. I hate "how to" videos where the presenter is disorganized and goes on and on about their personal life. Your Mushroom Wellington would be a lovely alternative to the very expensive Beef Wellington. Thank you.
The Late Night Gourmet
We both love beef wellington. At $20 per lb for Filet of Beef it is a special occasion dish. IDK your method. I purchase my Filet of Beef from my neighborhood market. They custom cut it for me. A uniform dimeter is critical. I use Duxelle and Prosciutto. I use Gordon Ramsay's recipe/method. The beef is tightly wrapped in cling wrap after seasoning, searing and coating with mustard then refrigerated. It is refrigerated again after being fully assembled and wrapped tightly in cling wrap. I think tightly wrapping in cling wrap and refrigerating makes a difference.
Gordon Ramsay, as unnecessarily rude as he can be, is actually a very good chef and does have a very good wellington recipe and technique. Maybe his mother could have cuddled him a little more as a baby 😆

Gordon Ramsay, as unnecessarily rude as he can be, is actually a very good chef and does have a very good wellington recipe and technique. Maybe his mother could have cuddled him a little more as a baby 😆

He's made up for that with his own kids. He is very 'touchy feely' with them it seems - if you have ever seen his TV series 'Ultimate Home Cooking' (shot a while ago when his kids were younger) you will know what I mean. The kids feature in the series, helping him prepare dishes.

It's not convenient to have items I can't use or don't want and that's compounded now because there is a pause on accepting any food returns due to COVID.

I really enjoy being on this forum and love reading all the recipes and trying them. It's just frustrating when I have no idea how to locate certain products and I feel like I'm being annoying when I have to ask.
Hey, I just wanted you to know that I just picked up my Walmart curbside order and I had ordered a "live" parsley plant that was barely alive, it was wilted and the soil was bone dry. It will be dead within a day or so. I went online to my previous orders, clicked on "return", and then clicked on the item and followed a few more prompts to process the refund. My credit card was immediately credited (3-5 days for refund processing) and I received an automated email stating: "We're sorry for the issues you experienced with your order. We've issued you a refund. Feel free to use, donate or dispose of any unwanted items - no need to return to the store."

So just wanted you to know that if you get something and are not satisfied, you do not have to return it. You can get a no-hassle refund with a few clicks of your computer mouse.

He's made up for that with his own kids. He is very 'touchy feely' with them it seems - if you have ever seen his TV series 'Ultimate Home Cooking' (shot a while ago when his kids were younger) you will know what I mean. The kids feature in the series, helping him prepare dishes.

I always find those programmes where they involve their kids as contrived to attract the audience, I hate that. A lot.

Russ

Hey, I just wanted you to know that I just picked up my Walmart curbside order and I had ordered a "live" parsley plant that was barely alive, it was wilted and the soil was bone dry. It will be dead within a day or so. I went online to my previous orders, clicked on "return", and then clicked on the item and followed a few more prompts to process the refund. My credit card was immediately credited (3-5 days for refund processing) and I received an automated email stating: "We're sorry for the issues you experienced with your order. We've issued you a refund. Feel free to use, donate or dispose of any unwanted items - no need to return to the store."

So just wanted you to know that if you get something and are not satisfied, you do not have to return it. You can get a no-hassle refund with a few clicks of your computer mouse.

Yes, that works for items ordered through Walmart.com or pick-up grocery orders. It doesn't work for grocery items purchased in the store though. Not here anyway.

I'm glad you were able to have a no-hassle refund.

Yes, that works for items ordered through Walmart.com or pick-up grocery orders. It doesn't work for grocery items purchased in the store though. Not here anyway.

I'm glad you were able to have a no-hassle refund.
But we were talking about their curbside service awhile back and you said something about getting incorrect items on your order and not being able to return them. I was just letting you know you don't have to return them. If you get poor quality or incorrect items, you can get a refund online. Before I had called them to resolve it, but it's easier to do it online.

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom