Recipe My easy secret BBQ chicken marinade recipe

Windigo

Kitchen witch
Local time
9:18 AM
Website
www.instagram.com
So, this is my second entry in the brown sugar challenge. And a recipe I kept to myself for a long time because I am so fond of it. But I figured that I am not likely to ever have to protect it now I am no longer a professional cook, so here you go. I hope you like it as much as I do!
20230416_121512.jpg

You need:
2 chicken breasts (roughly 500 grams) , trimmed of sinew and sliced into strips
30 ml woodsmoke barbecue sauce
3 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp piccadilo seasoning
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp smoked dried chipotle flakes
1 tsp sea salt flakes
2 tbsp neutral oil

1) Mix chicken strips with the oil and all ingredients in a baking dish, let marinate for at least 4 hours.
2) Bake chicken in dish at 180 celcius upper and lower heat for 30 mins.
3) Serve chicken and enjoy!

It looks delicious!

What is in the piccadilo seasoning? Not sure its something I can get off the shelf here.
Taking a wild guess here but since Picadillo is a popular dish with different variations among Latin countries I’m thinking its salt, pepper, cumin, Mexican oregano and paprika. Not sure if I’m missing anything but I THINK thats the gist of it.

So, this is my second entry in the brown sugar challenge. And a recipe I kept to myself for a long time because I am so fond of it. But I figured that I am not likely to ever have to protect it now I am no longer a professional cook, so here you go. I hope you like it as much as I do!
View attachment 98857
You need:
2 chicken breasts (roughly 500 grams) , trimmed of sinew and sliced into strips
30 ml woodsmoke barbecue sauce
3 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp piccadilo seasoning
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp smoked dried chipotle flakes
1 tsp sea salt flakes
2 tbsp neutral oil

1) Mix chicken strips with the oil and all ingredients in a baking dish, let marinate for at least 4 hours.
3) Serve chicken and enjoy!
Looks great Windigo!

It looks delicious!

What is in the piccadilo seasoning? Not sure its something I can get off the shelf here.
My mix has got : dried jalapeno, coriander seed, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, lavas root, cinnamon, black pepper and pimento.

This looks good...it touches on Southwest USA flavors, but the rosemary pulls it in a more earthy direction, which also happens to work well with the lemon juice. Plus, as you say, it's easy. I just prepped some chicken breasts for something I plan to make tomorrow, and I'm seriously thinking of making this (unless I get vetoed...people love my cast iron pan chicken). But, if not tomorrow, then sometime.

Is woodsmoke barbecue sauce liquid smoke? I'm guessing by the small quantity that it is.

shopping

And, as for the process...

...are you placing this on the upper rack for part of the time, and the lower rack for part of the time? Or, are you referring to the heating elements? When I first read this, I thought there extra words in this sentence that don't belong, but I'm guessing that's what you meant. In my oven, the upper heating element only goes on when I turn it on Broil, which is 500°F (260°C).

Last edited:
This looks good...it touches on Southwest USA flavors, but the rosemary pulls it in a more earthy direction, which also happens to work well with the lemon juice. Plus, as you say, it's easy. I just prepped some chicken breasts for something I plan to make tomorrow, and I'm seriously thinking of making this (unless I get vetoed...people love my cast iron pan chicken). But, if not tomorrow, then sometime.
I did get my inspiration from those flavors indeed. I really like it, though it's not for those lacking a desire for a little sweet with their savory.
Is woodsmoke barbecue sauce liquid smoke? I'm guessing by the small quantity that it is.

shopping
No I actually meant HP barbecue sauce https://www.britishcornershop.co.uk...D8M2caijEPsWyhbGe8G4HSB99RJnkVERoCHHcQAvD_BwE
And, as for the process...

...are you placing this on the upper rack for part of the time, and the lower rack for part of the time? Or, are you referring to the heating elements? When I first read this, I thought there extra words in this sentence that don't belong, but I'm guessing that's what you meant. In my oven, the upper heating element only goes on when I turn it on Broil, which is 500°F (260°C).
I don't know the correct English term for it, but I just mean the regular oven heating. We don't have a broil function with Dutch ovens. So no hot air, no broiling, just the heat that fills the whole oven. Whatever you would use for baking a cake. I hope that's clear enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom